I suggest to take a look at the tutorial video made by Gary Abbott:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

Hi

Just received my Track IR 5 - could someone please explain how I can set it up - it seems to have a mind of its own !

Cheers

What's it doing wrong, exactly? They are fairly easy to setup, speaking of basics anyway. Plug it in, install the software, open it up and see what the camera sees for your positioning (so you can make the camera look directly at the track clip). That's about it. I didn't even have to mess with anything in the profile except the hot keys I wanted for pausing the tracking.

I did have a big problem with tracking in the daytime though, with the standard track clip. I have a large window behind me and if sunlight is coming in that room there is too much IR energy being seen by the camera and it confuses it. I'll be able to use my track clip pro this weekend after I get a headset and hopefully that will help. But as of right now, no daytime flying for me.

But it will help if you can tell us what is happening, if it is still happening. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What's it doing wrong, exactly? They are fairly easy to setup, speaking of basics anyway. Plug it in, install the software, open it up and see what the camera sees for your positioning (so you can make the camera look directly at the track clip). That's about it. I didn't even have to mess with anything in the profile except the hot keys I wanted for pausing the tracking.

I did have a big problem with tracking in the daytime though, with the standard track clip. I have a large window behind me and if sunlight is coming in that room there is too much IR energy being seen by the camera and it confuses it. I'll be able to use my track clip pro this weekend after I get a headset and hopefully that will help. But as of right now, no daytime flying for me.

But it will help if you can tell us what is happening, if it is still happening. Thanks.

Hi

The problem was erratic view movements all over the place when my head was still. I have found that indeed there was too much light in the room - fixed by some cloud that came over - that with pulling curtains sorted it out.

Thanks

Hi

The problem was erratic view movements all over the place when my head was still. I have found that indeed there was too much light in the room - fixed by some cloud that came over - that with pulling curtains sorted it out.

Thanks

This problem is why I have blackout curtains over the window in my sim room.

Wife calls it the Lair. :smilewink:

Check your surroundings. My wardrobe with mirror doors was right behind my PC desk at some point and I was Running the tir in active mode, so it had line of sight to its own ir diodes at sertain head positions. This resulted in some wacky movement's in cockpit :) I did a lot of reinstalling before i realized what was happening lol

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project