UK made panels interest

Glider_UK

Hope I can now do them justice in finding a way to mount them.

If you want a budget type fitting then perhaps this will do:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M4-Self-Colour-BLACK-SOCKET-CAP-Screws-Allen-Key-Screw-Bolts-HIGH-TENSILE-12-9-/280794111760?pt=UK_DIY_Material_Nails_Fixing_MJ&var=&hash=item4160a21f10

I have used them in my pit and they look nice although they does not provide the original look.

Added a photo of less good quality to show what mine look like.

Cheers

Hans

IMAG1132.thumb.jpg.1e07ef82953a983c7e202dadcbf6a3d6.jpg

Edited by Hansolo

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those eBay ones I have. Well of sorts.

I had some left over from a long gone remote controlled helicopter that looked right but didn't fit. So, went to my old supplier and got some M5 ones and all done now.

Thanks for the leads though guys.

I now need to work out what to mount them to :)

J.

Rig: Home Built, water cooled,i5 2500K @ 4.3Ghz, ASUS P8P67Pro Mobo, 8GB Patriot Viper 2 Sector 5 RAM, MSI Nvidia GTX970 4GB Gaming OC, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Boot, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Games (BS & WH), Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB other,

Samsung UE37D5000 37" LED TV,EloTouch 1600x1200 secondary, Thrustmaster Warthog No.467, Thrustmaster MFD, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR4 with Track Clip Pro.

Ex RAF Aircrew, Real Life Pilot, proud Geek and father of one :)

How you getting on with the UFC mate, manage to get a prototype up and running yet?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

hello Glider,

how is your work going? i have not heard anything from you so i want to know how far you have gone with harrier panels drawings you promised, based on your references? i would like to see what you have done so far.

yours

grainny

hello Glider,

how is your work going? i have not heard anything from you so i want to know how far you have gone with harrier panels drawings you promised, based on your references? i would like to see what you have done so far.

yours

grainny

Hi Grainny,

I responded to your email earlier, I am in the finishing process. You must understand that this is not a full time job for me, its an evening and weekend operation. If it was full time the panels would be much more expensive, sometimes work/life gets in the way. please be patient I am also making panels for other people at the same time. I promised I would get them too you and I will, I am having a few issues concerning some dimensions.

If you have any reason to contact me and require a quick response PM me as this goes to my email.

As for what I promised, I'm not perfect and I'm sure no one else is. remember the drawings can take a lot of my time as they need to be mm accurate and I do not get any guarantee that after this work anybody will purchase. I know it can be frustrating when you want something done.

You will hear from me shortly.

Glider

http://www.modeldesigns.co.uk

Mobo Asus Maximus XI RAM:64GB DDR4 CPU:Intel I9 9900 Nvidia 2080TI WIN10 64Bit HP Reverb

Wow this project is looking stunning. Can anyone point me in the direction of the costs per panel. I've had a look in the thread and can't seem to find them.

These with Films new A10 pit plans, would be stunning.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Wow this project is looking stunning. Can anyone point me in the direction of the costs per panel. I've had a look in the thread and can't seem to find them.

These with Films new A10 pit plans, would be stunning.

Cowboy10uk

Pm me with what your looking for.

Mobo Asus Maximus XI RAM:64GB DDR4 CPU:Intel I9 9900 Nvidia 2080TI WIN10 64Bit HP Reverb

Any luck with the working CDU/UFC prototypes yet mate?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

UFC

Any luck with the working CDU/UFC prototypes yet mate?

UFC

We are 95% complete.

Panels, box, front circuit board with illuminated tactile switches complete.

Wiring loom complete, main USB controller circuit board complete.

We are working on illuminating the front panel. Once complete I will do the first non-prototype build. then we are done.

Little delay as my electronics chap is currently on holiday.

CDU

Panels, box complete, button circuit board 70% complete, main USB controller circuit board complete.

We are concentrateing on the UFC before moving any further on the CDU.

Hope this helps

Regards

Glider

Superb mate, sounding like its coming along nicely. You have a rough price idea for them yet? Thanks

Superb mate, sounding like its coming along nicely. You have a rough price idea for them yet? Thanks

Not yet pal, I will have a better idea once I have done a non-prototype build.

Hopefully won't be long.

I will post images and video once its completed.

Be lucky

Glider

Just received mine. Fantastic :thumbup:

Here they are quickly bolted together. I've got some nicer screws and bolts coming, and the grey enclosure will be painted black soon.

Just need to work out the back lighting and the fuel RCVR door lever.

20130802_182908_zps6af77879.jpg

20130802_182944_zpsb2ed82c8.jpg

20130802_182958_zpsd2360891.jpg

Going to order a bunch more for sure!

Are you considering a caution panel at all Glider?

Here they are quickly bolted together. I've got some nicer screws and bolts coming, and the grey enclosure will be painted black soon.

Just need to work out the back lighting

Thanks for your comments.

Sorry for the late response I have been in france for a week or so.

Back now.

welcome back.

was panel production on hold?

are the panels still in production?

pm sent.

grainnny

Yes production was on hold while I was away.

Panels manufacture is now back to normal service.

I have replied to your PM.

On another note the UFC is so close watch this space.

Sorry missed the question at the bottom.

I have now completed all the panels for the A10C, I now produce them all.

KA50 is 90% covered, Huey fully done, working on F15, F16 AND F18E and also Harrier mainly for grainny.

My, you are a busy chap! Any UFC complete kit updates? Ta

GLider UK do you have a web page with product prices ?

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.