XK-24 Programmable Keypad

I just picked one of these up and really like it. However, it's interfering with my other controllers in DCS. After programming and installing the keypad, my other devices bindings are highlight red. Has anyone run into this and can you give a little advice on how to correct it?

Also, here is a template for the button labels I created for the A-10 UFC. Feel free to use/mod.

XK-24 Template A-10.zip

Your keypad is not a controller, it is a keyboard, and should not interfere with any controllers (Joystick, throttle, rudders, TM MFD's,etc).

I have a Genovation programmable key pad & it does not interfere with any controllers or my keyboard. For instance, I have the F1 thru F12 keys programmed on my keypad and it works fine, and I can still use the same F1 thru F12 keys on my keyboard if I want to with no conflicts (both keyboard & keypad are assigned to the same DCS key bindings for F1 thru F12).

I think being a bit more specific about your problem would be helpful. Any examples?

:pilotfly:

Edited by CubPilot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 Pro 64 | Asus Rampage III Extreme |Swiftech H2O cooled: CPU, Video, N. Bridge | i7 980X EE @4.5GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @1726 MHZ | AMD R9 290X 4GB DDR5 +EK H2O block+Backplate | BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 @144Hz | Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | 2 - Samsung HD 1TB | Pinoeer BD-RW | ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 PCIe Audio | CoolerMaster Haf-X case | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 760W PS | HOTAS Cougar w/Evenstrain Mod | HOTAS Warthog | TM RCS Rudders + Mods | TM MFD's w/monitors | TrackIR5

Thanks for the response, I actually just figured out what was going on. Bad usb hub. It was causing some really strange things. I switched to a different powered hub and things are starting to look up. I'm finalizing my programming now, but it seems to be working.

Thanks ~

X-Keys are really great. To bad they are so expensive in Europe...

Got the 54 Pro- and Desktop-boards.

I use the 54 Pro version for DCS and the 20-keys-Desktop-Version for other games.

But I'm definitely planning on getting a 16 keys stick and probably another 54 pro.

The setup is really easy and allows for complex macros and keystrokes.

And the support is great. Very friendly and helpful!

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Was just wondering what are the advantages of using an xk-24 or similar over something like a Razer Orbweaver. I just bought an Orbweaver Stealth mainly for FPS gaming but going to adapt it for DCS gaming, FSX and others. 20 keys, backlit, plus 2 more on the side and an 8 way D-pad and you can pick one up for around 100 dollars US or 100 euro (Razer direct charge 129). The Razer Synapse 2.0 software for programming is exceptional.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-orbweaver

Alternatively might be worth looking at the Razer Nostromo or Belkin N52te (precursors to the Orbweaver) which I got for 15 euro second hand again with backlit programable keys and macro functions. You could have one set up by the throttle & 1 by the stick if needed and they're relatively small so they won't steal much desk space. No need for a keyboard.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2008/03/01/belkin-n52te-review

MSI Gaming 9 ACK, Intel 4790k 4.4ghz, AMD 295x2 GPU, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133mhz, DCS on Samsung 840pro SSD. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Was just wondering what are the advantages of using an xk-24 or similar over something like a Razer Orbweaver. I just bought an Orbweaver Stealth mainly for FPS gaming but going to adapt it for DCS gaming, FSX and others. 20 keys, backlit, plus 2 more on the side and an 8 way D-pad and you can pick one up for around 100 dollars US or 100 euro (Razer direct charge 129). The Razer Synapse 2.0 software for programming is exceptional.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-orbweaver

Alternatively might be worth looking at the Razer Nostromo or Belkin N52te (precursors to the Orbweaver) which I got for 15 euro second hand again with backlit programable keys and macro functions. You could have one set up by the throttle & 1 by the stick if needed and they're relatively small so they won't steal much desk space. No need for a keyboard.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2008/03/01/belkin-n52te-review

I'm sure that will work great. Speaking for myself, I went with a keypad like the xkey or genovation because it integrates better into a sim pit. You can mount it and such...replicate a UFC. I would guess that's why most people go with this type. Also, you get a few more keys.

Let us know how it works out for you ~

• 5 years later...

I really love my XK-24. I could easily program all the keystroke combinations and they all worked in the DCS F/A 18 flight simulator.

I use the XK-24 in conjunction with my Dell Alienware AW768 keyboard.

I was very disappointed with the Dell Alienware AW768 keyboard, where Dell advertises 15 programmable macros. I could program a only a few macros which worked in the simulator (like gear up/down, flaps full down, flaps 1/2 way, flaps auto, but the majority I programmed did not work in the simulator - for example aircraft start up, aircraft shut down, pilot show/hide, master caution off, etc.

I spent hours and hours with the Dell tech reps in multiple sessions and they could not fix the problem. They even sent a replacement keyboard, it exhibited the same poor behavior.

The XK-24 solved my problem of the poor Dell AW768 macro capability. I am a big fan of the XK-24!

Edited by WS