Vectored thrust in supersonic

When somebody cant do something Special, just downplay the question.

The cobra could be a deadly maneuver in dogfight, also in a defensive maneuver with missiles threat.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The cobra could be a deadly maneuver in dogfight, also in a defensive maneuver with missiles threat.

If you do a cobra against a missile, you are dead meat from the beginning. The cobra does not create any problem for a missile whatsoever, in fact it makes it even easier for the missile to hit you.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

"The first time it was horrifying but the second time ...."

Combat is a one time only deal.These manouvers that the harrier and Sukhois can do can only help in a WVR Dogfight.

Cobra vs a missile.Missile should win.

Cobra only shows great maneuverability aircraft at high angles of attack and low speeds, also with EOS Su-27/33/35 to constantly keep opponents in the grip as he helplessly spinning in forced turn.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

cobra and all the rest is not used to gun somebody down, but to use in special situations when you are fighting 2vs2 fights or other equal fights with each wingmen on some enemy ass.. and you use it only to help get a lock on and fire a missile and end the fight..in that way this is extremely beneficial..especially since at that time russians had helmet mounted fire launch capability while west didn't..it means russians could lock on and fire as soon as dogfight starts(in case enemy flies from 12 clock to 6 clock and you start turning)..

to me this british pilots sounds bitter, ..like, okei, so this russian plane can do stuff we can't.big deal, its useless you see, .. )) lol.. right, thats like saying, well f22 stealth, big whoop, nothing special see, if he want' to lock on the plane he needs to use radar, it will emit radiation and boom he gets shot down.. you see nothing special..

its very disingenuous to say su-35 maneuvers are nothing special and at the same time refuse russian challenge to fight it with euro or f22.. but thats the well known western quality of double speak and double talk.. say one thing do another..

I don't see that plane taking 2 minutes to re accelerate... but why would he? He just needs to look and turn the nose after the "horrified pilot" and... shoot him out of the sky much like an airborne Tunguska would do... isn't it?

If you have a fighter plane carrying enough weapons to obliterate you out of the sky and also having all sorts of avionics gimmicks to do just that... and that plane is looking at you from close range... is it really matters if that plane is actually moving forward or not? I don't think so... Those cocky talking pilots that say the Cobra is nothing in combat and they would do this and that... while they never actually faced such maneuver head on in dogfight would probably be a big ball of flares, chaffs and sweat if such occasion would occur. My opinion... not that is important :) .

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

its very disingenuous to say su-35 maneuvers are nothing special and at the same time refuse russian challenge to fight it with euro or f22.. but thats the well known western quality of double speak and double talk.. say one thing do another..

You forget that the setting they were asked to do this in, which was at Farnborough. Which is a tradeshow. Which is NOT an arena where you want to be proven to be inferior in any contest between aircraft.

The Su-35's manouverability is good, yes. But it is by NO means invincible, just as the F22, F35, Eurofighter or any other type of aircraft that flies the sky. Hell, even a MiG-21 can get a guns-only kill on an F22 if the F22-pilot quacks up. Which, in case you didn't know, humans are quite prone to doing.

One bad call can and will end your life in a fight, even if you're in an aircraft that should be superior in every measurable parameter.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

The cobra maneuver with some decoy, should work for evade IR Missiles, at least one of them

ОК :)

In the new heat traps smoke aerosol formation is not casual, it is not for beauty, as well as in the tank aerosol smoke grenade;)

f0e5d0630f8ct.jpg

Открылась бездна звезд полна;

Звездам числа нет, бездне дна. (М. В. Ломоносов)

lol.. what a smokescreen... reminds me of naval ships smokescreen.. impressive for a fighter ..

actually its interesting as technology develops how decoys develop as well to fool the missiles.. on one side the idea of stealth and then fire from close range the "bvr" amraam, on other europe with long range missile that will cruise far range with guidence and changing course and ability to sustain flight for much longer time than usually,could be prepared to do "ambush zones" .. and the deployed decoys that fly almost like a drone like behavior.. and then deploying small missiles that will mimick the plane RCS and IR signature and "fly" with same speed,altitude as the fighter to fool the incoming missiles, to what else is new.. the new optic jammers that make new IR missiles fail pretty much 100%.. ka-52,mi-28 have that, and much more is coming.. i guess the lesson to learn here is, don't be in the attacking and aggression business, it will do good to you and planet..

oh and the new-not so new-towed-deployed ECM jammers to fool the incoming missiles.. all that really makes a bvr much harder idea.. which is why a fighter moves like a fighter not like a truck..