Did upgrade today to 1.2.5. My missions crash. See example.

FlightControl

Thanks Grimes for the response and the link. Exactly what i experience at the moment. Awaiting patiently then for a fix on the above matters ...

Sven

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

After some own testing it appears that If you have a trigger which refers to a flyable client air unit like ..group in zone Hawg 1-1, zone x, flag on xx, AND nobody occupies that flyable slot when unpausing, the game will crash. If that slot is occupied it will start!

This is what I found out just now, however I have not tested with other people in multi player environment yet. It could also be several other bugs but I think this is one.

I've found that recreating the trigger from scratch solved that for me.

Although now I have another case which, even when recreating all the triggers by hand in 1.2.5, still crashes. I guess this specific combination is making the crash, attaching mission...

ps. just choose game master and wait 2 seconds

Raf_DN03_SkyTrench_1.2.5.miz

Edited by Raf

I've found that recreating the trigger from scratch solved that for me.

Although now I have another case which, even when recreating all the triggers by hand in 1.2.5, still crashes. I guess this specific combination is making the crash, attaching mission...

ps. just choose game master and wait 2 seconds

Hello Raf,

do you have the chance to check the combination, I explain in this post?

For me it is reproducable and it seems the OR for two or more HUMAN CLIENT slots is the critical element.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Nope, i created that trigger from scratch, and as i described it. The bugs exists and is confirmed by the ED testers.

[/TABLE]

I am confused... I have version DCS_World_1.2.5.15586.200_213.exe installed on my machine.

Downloaded now version DCS_World_1.2.5.15865.212_219.exe (the hotfix of the 26th of July) from the web site and when installing it now it tells me that I cannot install this version because modules will not work anymore?

What to do? And why?

Sven

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

Do NOT use download versions! Go to the START/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World Menu and click UPDATE DCS WORLD to let the auto updater check for new versions. It will update the modules then, as well.

The reason as far as I understood is the installer.exe will work for an initial install from the Binaries and offline. As soon as a module is installed you need to have the same version module available as in the Updated DCS World.

Anyway ED recommends ALWAYS to use the auto updater!

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I am confused... I have version DCS_World_1.2.5.15586.200_213.exe installed on my machine.

Downloaded now version DCS_World_1.2.5.15865.212_219.exe (the hotfix of the 26th of July) from the web site and when installing it now it tells me that I cannot install this version because modules will not work anymore?

What to do? And why?

Sven

That is not the Hotfix. Unless you have found a dl that I am not aware of, I suspect you dl the executable for installing DCS World from scratch.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

clchlidfan,

I downloaded this version here as documented in the image.

Note that my previous version, did not auto update. (It Always worked before, though, the auto updater...).

Anyway, with this version, i am experiencing numerous new errors. I will make a new post with a summary of all these error that i see happening. I mean, really showstoppers...

wlnz.jpg

What version number are you having on your pc? (You can check this when in the main menu, right low here):

d6z.png

Sven

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]