Blue on Blue?

Brun

Played the FC3 F-15C 'Clean Sweep' mission this evening.

Got as far as checkpoint 3, where I ordered Two to engage the MiG-29 at my 12. Wingman engaged as instructed, called fox-3, I saw (and ignored) the missile launch on the RWR, and moments later was shot out of the sky.

Debriefing screen confirms I was downed by a not-so-friendly AIM-120C. Is this something that's known to happen, something new, or just a freak anomaly?

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Depends on wether or not you strayed in front of your wingman during launch. It's possible that you just happened to be in the way. Difficult to know unless you saved the .trk file and can post it up for us to take a look at.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

this happened to me in FC2. Its perfectly logical not to instruct wm to engage a target at your 12 o'clock, specially in trail formation.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I have been engaged by a F16 as an A10 for no reason either. Aim 120 must have lost lock of the MIG and instead went ahead and tracked me. So I guess it happens once in a blue moon.

Been on the other end at least 3 times. Lock was definitely on a bandit but the missile killed a friendly

aka: Baron

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The problem is when the AMRAAM goes pitbull, the seeker in the missile will lock onto the biggest thing it sees. I've been killed Blue on Blue in multiplayer by this very phenomenon. If you happen to be there, it'll lock on to you instead. The only way around it in a crowded sky is to use an AIM-7.