HarSu's A-10C cockpit build.

HarSu

And the another thing....

Is there somebody who uses freetrack and homemade "clip", and get it ACTUALLY to work?

Mine freetrack is very tedious, I never get if focus it in my left or right it just gad´s for front or back. Never stay focused where I watch.:mad:

So I think I may need TrackIR also. If it´s any better?:huh:

I use facetrack (updated freetrack) with a self made 3 point cap mount design IR LED emitter. The camera is an old Logitek quickcam. It works very well. I have a 3 screen setup with a fairly wide yaw deadzone and a narrow pitch deadzone. I'm only using 3 motions, yaw, pitch, and side to side. I mapped zoom to the "friction" slider of the TMWH. I can post pics of my settings if you would like.

John

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

I use facetrack (updated freetrack) with a self made 3 point cap mount design IR LED emitter. The camera is an old Logitek quickcam. It works very well. I have a 3 screen setup with a fairly wide yaw deadzone and a narrow pitch deadzone. I'm only using 3 motions, yaw, pitch, and side to side. I mapped zoom to the "friction" slider of the TMWH. I can post pics of my settings if you would like.

John

Thanks John, I would like to see your facetrack settings.

Hi.

I know this is wrong thread for my issue but, I'm gonna ask still...:poster_offtopic:

I have fresh install of DCSW 1.2.7 + DCS A10C and HELIOS ver.1.3.190.448 also I use Windows 8.1 64bit.

Anyways...

If I use HELIOS during my flight, and try to view my "track" after that.

My plane does not flight anything like it should... :(

Like,if I shot missile in "real flight", it shows that I never shot anything in "track view".:cry:

Without HELIOS track view works OK.

Does anybody have same issue???:helpsmilie:

And a another issue with the "Frame rate counter"

The default buttons for Frame rate counter is (RCtrl + Pause), but nothing happens those. I can't see frame rate counter "window".

Actually only working buttons under "controls / A-10C Sim / General" are

Pause = Pause

Esc = End Mission

LCtrl + Z = Time Accelerate

LAlt + Z = Time Decelerate

LShift + Z = Time Normal

Is there some setting somewhere where I can set "ON" the other functions.:helpsmilie:

Hi to all.

Nothing big have not happened in my pit...

I just put all my stuff (Throttle, Rudders and Control stick) on their places and check that everything works.

Well, everything seems to work how they should, but the control stick is "bit" of flabby.

That is self-evident, cause of the extension height. (35cm)

After all its very accurate, but I can´t push it full forward, cause it hits in my HELIOS monitor screen.

I'm gonna buy the laser engraver next week, and I was thinking something like that:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HIGH-SPEED-USB-CO2-LASER-ENGRAVING-CUTTING-MACHINE-ENGRAVER-ENGRAVING-m8/200690351192?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222006%26algo%3DSIC.FITP%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D22047%26meid%3D6155243166452935504%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D9537%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D400424417884

Is it worth of money????

And the another thing....

Is there somebody who uses freetrack and homemade "clip", and get it ACTUALLY to work?

Mine freetrack is very tedious, I never get if focus it in my left or right it just gad´s for front or back. Never stay focused where I watch.:mad:

So I think I may need TrackIR also. If it´s any better?:huh:

One little picture::joystick:

[ATTACH]96785[/ATTACH]

And @Deadman: Thanks for stickers, they are awesome!:thumbup:

Just a suggestion on the laser, buy one from a company you can talk to, and also verify what are the steps needed to get from drawing to laser. It's also good for the supplier/manufacturer has a forum, help gets questions answered more quickly.

Cheers

Peter

• 5 months later...

Hello everybody... :bye_2:

Back again... :thumbup:

It´s almost winter here in Finland, so It´s good time to get back into the cockpit building.

So, for the last update that I made, nothing has really not happened, just that I put those stickers from "Deadman" in my pit´s hull... (nice looking stuff)

stickers.thumb.JPG.0dfd19c239af5a456c9c44c09c08280c.JPG

I tried to fit the canopy frame to my Pit, but that does not seems to fit configuration with 42" TV....So I throw it away. For now.

And also I spend a few hours of flying with HOG.. about 600 hours....:book:

So, here the building starts again.....:joystick:

HarSu.

Hyvä! I bet it's nice to fly with that long stick.

Actually the "Long" stick is very

accurate with banking left and right, but in pitching down I can´t take it so much forward as I want cause the stick hits on my monitor, but that is

temporary issue... And you can always fly upside down....:pilotfly:

Holy shit...

One of my kids did play the game, and she "accidentally" updated it. :cry:

So all my viewports have gone... SIOC is gone.... Damn Damn Damn.:pain:

Any ideas of how to get viewports back, because those are most important thing at the moment. :helpsmilie:

HarSu.

I solved this by about half year old backup file... Hell yeah, everything works again.

Edited by HarSu