FARP for Su25 / 25T

Weta43

Hi all,

Has the ability to refuel & re-arm the Su25 & Su25t on roads been removed in a patch in readiness for the FARP point that is supposed to arrive with 1.2 or did these planes never have that provision in 1.1? (or is it a bug in my install)

I made a mission* where I wanted to have an Su25 land in a city part way through a mission to re-fuel after a long transit flight.

I couldn't (can't) get a refuel, re-arm or new plane when in either of these 2 planes anywhere except on those bits of the map that are associated with runways (show up white in the editor).

I checked against an Su27 in the same places (roads) & that works fine, & I tried taxi-ing off off the airbase in the 25 round a loop in the road that led to another "white" area. on the road nothing, on the "hard" area - worked fine.

*(as part of a campaign for the Su25 I was inspired to start by complaints about there being none, only to see some very nice work appear once I had the first couple of missions done.. aint that how it goes?)

Cheers.

See readme 1.02: One can no longer recharge, when one outside a Airbase alights. :D

Best Regards

Viper

sigpic3353_7.gif

System: Intel Core i7-4790, 3,6GHz, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5,

TM HOTAS Warthog;(MSFFB2 for testing); TrackIR4 +Track Clip Pro; Windows 10 Pro.

Because that's simply not acceptable ... take it away from everything, period. I don't want people landing wherever on my maps and rearming.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Come on, let people have this capibility, because it's a long time until 1.2 will be released (guess holiday season of 2006), why not let mod makers have some fun with the 1.12 patch? (Only for the su-25/25T and mig-29, not for the others)

And will the FARP addition in 1.2 mean that we will get FARPs for the Ka-50, or FARPs for the su-25 and mig-29 as well?

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Personally I dont really see this as acceptable either. Just what we need is planes landing in some valley close to enemy air-base and re-arming and re-fueling.

If the ability to re-arm/re-fuel was tied to respective vehicles, that would be different, but that ability is not in the game currently, and I dont know what the plans are to do so, if any.

Has anyone checked to see if the plane repairs on a road?

• Like 1

GG – have you been watching George Bush on the TV ?

1/ I said take it away from planes that can't do it in real life & give it to those that can. So no F15s or Mig29s landing down the road for a quick reload before another round of ARH spamming.

2/ I don't have to admit it's "bloody stupid.", Principally because it isn’t ... If it were it wouldn't have been written into the code in the first place. But at the moment the capability of planes to do it is the wrong way round – see 1 above.

I can see online players (GG?) getting a bit nervous about people landing anywhere out of sight of their airbase for a quick re-load, (then again the rules against vulching can’t count if you’re not on an airfield) but for offline mission building it would be a very useful feature - so useful ED said they intend to build it into 1.2. Funny that. Yes it would be better if we got the FARP point unit to tie it to a particular point, but till 1.2 which could be a LONG way off still this would be a good thing to get working for mission building - but the right way round.

What was stupid of me was forgetting that anything tailored to offline play which might inconvenience online players is always a ridiculous idea... in the minds of online players anyway.

The obvious thing to do would be to make it a button selectable option in the editor & have servers able to allow it or not. It’s possilbly an editable value in a .cfg or .lua file anyway.

Oh yeah, Why am I bothering – Gazehound thought it was a stupid idea… Silly me.

Cheers.

Hi - No - no offence taken :-)

What I think would be the best option would be a place-able FARP point/unit in the editor & the way I understand it that arrives with 1.2, but in the meantime Either a place-able 2000m length of the "white stuff" (on the map) that runways are made of in the editor, or simpler in the interim - yeah - just let selected planes refuel/reload offline on any road.

You must have tried landing on a road with an AI wingman – AI won’t have any of it … So it’s only an option for the player.

Like I said in my opening post what brought it up was I was making a mission where I was going to get the player to land in a particular place in town where I had some trucks & containers by the road & they were supposed to refuel there before completing the mission.

True there's nothing to stop someone just finding an easier place to land & stopping anywhere, but who are they cheating? If they’re not going to do it the way I meant it - then they’re not – they might have easy radar on too, leave all the fighting to the AI or have big huge labels from 50km out etc. But if they’re offline & want to “cheat” – Hell, I don’t care.

Cheers.

Great, then ED should let it do so.

Could make for quite interesting offline missions.

Start with a thimblefull of gas & have to land on some short road between the hills - leaving enough room to get back up again, refuel then go up to GAI when the AWAC gives you the heads up.

Cheers.

Hi - No - no offence taken :-)

What I think would be the best option would be a place-able FARP point/unit in the editor & the way I understand it that arrives with 1.2, but in the

An airbase is a place one could land and refuel. A few months ago Swingkid released a merzifon airbase mod. Using the mod one could relocate the Razdolnoye airbase to Turkey. That raises to me a theoretical possibility to have more airbases than the >=21 currently in-game.

Even better if one could add own airbases from the mission editor. Most likely the MEinit.xml will prevent adding new airbases coz they would probably all be tied to some program code inside the locokon.exe.

Though many requests, the mission editor hasnt been changeed/upgraded/improved in any way whatsoever since 1.0 was released. Therefore i truly doubt any chances of any changes to the ME.

In theory ED could create a FARP by using airbase objects and allow mission creators to add them in the mission editor. Which is in my €0.01 opinion unlikely to happen.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

Okay, I'll throw in an opinion then:

There should be NO refuelling or rearming from anywhere BUT airbases UNTIL FAPRs are made possible.

The MiG-29 can land on a 'prepared airstrip', yes ... but if that AIrstrip is unsupplied, you're not going far. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

In real life that's true, and in game I'd much rather that there were a unit or fixed map point that put down in the editor & you had to be near to get reload/re-arm to work, but that probably won't happen for ~ what do you reckon ~ 9 months? a year before 1.2 arrives?

The code is there already to allow it & apparently to allow it for some planes & not others.

Enabling it for offline play (or selectable on/off & enforceable by servers) for those palnes that can use FAR points in real life would give single player mission designers a bit of scope to set up FARP posts & use them ingame.

Yes people could cheat & land anywhere, but offline who cares? it's no worse than easy radar or unlimited ammo as far as cheats go & if you chose not to abuse it could make for some interesting missions.

Also - I remember reading somewhere here that the two Su25 variants can run on a variety of readily available fuels (not best practice, but they can) so they at least be able to refuel on a road ?

But I agree it should be removed for the Su27 (haven't tried the 33 or F15. Can it be done online by the 27?)

Cheers.

1.2 is scheduled to arrive in March and likely will.

Don't ask :P

And yeah, you're right, I don't care about offline ... but I do care about online, and I'm not sure how much work it would be to add a LUA 'option'.

As to your question: I don't know, but if someone tests it, let us know.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]