authorisation mix ups when new hardware installed

I have installed new mb/proc/gpu/ram and the addon sims don't like it one bit. They accept my codes,(2x each load) but all of them bitch about authorisation no matter what I do, and no matter what they do. Then DCS won't load except as a 3rd party display system...I can't fly anything.

I've tried uninstall and reload DCS plus sims but same result.

I like the Huey so much I'm prepared to buy it again but I probably need to uninstall the sims from DCS world if that's possible. (DCS 1.2.5 takes 8+ hours to download - I'm on wireless system)

So my questions are:

• Can I uninstall the huey, A10, BS2 and CA and leave DCS world intact at 1.2.5 and if so how? The uninstaller currently takes everything out (I think)

• If I want to buy another Huey, is it going to work on the existing DCS World?

It would be real nice to be able to access the Huey again and get back into the sim.

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Have you de-activated your modules first before uninstalling and reinstalling?

In the \Mods\aircrafts\*module*/bin folder, look for the corresponding xx_protect.exe to deactivate them. Then reinstall and activate them as necessary.

Edited by -Rudel-

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

Once the hardware changes have been made you cannot deactivate.

It should, however, accept the key and use up an activation.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I have installed new mb/proc/gpu/ram and the addon sims don't like it one bit. They accept my codes,(2x each load) but all of them bitch about authorisation no matter what I do, and no matter what they do. Then DCS won't load except as a 3rd party display system...I can't fly anything.

I've tried uninstall and reload DCS plus sims but same result.

I like the Huey so much I'm prepared to buy it again but I probably need to uninstall the sims from DCS world if that's possible. (DCS 1.2.5 takes 8+ hours to download - I'm on wireless system)

So my questions are:

• Can I uninstall the huey, A10, BS2 and CA and leave DCS world intact at 1.2.5 and if so how? The uninstaller currently takes everything out (I think)

• If I want to buy another Huey, is it going to work on the existing DCS World?

It would be real nice to be able to access the Huey again and get back into the sim.

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Use the registry clean method Here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94531

I had a similar issue when I upgraded my CPU, DCS wouldnt run, authorizations failed, had to clean registry and start fresh.

until you clean the registry it'll be messed up as your hardware has changed.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

OK this is all useful information and thanks to each one of you for providing it.

SkateZilla: your ideas sound right here but I can't get that thread working. Either it's disappeared or is out of date or something. It reads as a Win Media file but reports that the file is missing (?).

I'll keep trying but if you have any other ways of cleaning the registry they'd be handy. I've got to clean out Combined Ops, A10, KA50 and UH-1H. I can't event find 2 of them in the installed DCS pack.

Anyway thanks for your help

I have i7 3.5 GHz, Nvidia 787 3 Gb, 16 Gb DDR5 RAM.

Right Click Save Target As.

Then Open the .REG File after it's downloaded

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Yo SkateZ,

Turns out that file downloads as an audio file, not a .reg.

In any case, I understand that it's possible to clean up the registry manually with regedit.exe which is probably a good thing to know anyway.

Do you happen to know how to i.d. the registry files that need to be cleaned out after an uninstall or where I can find that out please?

Thanks for all your help so far.

Cheers,

Mike

OK got it working

Hi SkateZ,

Got the file now - overcame senior moments somehow!

If you know how to i.d. a DCS reg security file, I'd like to know but hopefully I've got this mother under control

Cheers,

Mike