FM Radio Sound Problem - Contacting JTAC 1.2.6

Stacker

Hi,

Created a fast mission last night (A-10C), tried to contact the JTAC on the FM radio and all I got was a loud tone. I'm using simplified radio communications menu. Had to turn the FM radio off to silence it.

I'll try it again with a new mission but just wondered if anyone else has had the same issue.

Cheers.

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

What frequency was the JTAC on?

Good question, I can't remember. As I said I was being lazy and using the simplified radio menu options so it auto-tunes for me. I'll give it another go tonight, if it works then I'll just it down to a glitch.

Thanks.

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

I have experienced the same issue using easy comms in 126. It was a JTAC bridge mission and although I didn't use it, the FM freq was FM 30 Kutaisi.

As soon as I press F1 to request the 9L - high frequency deafening audio takes over. Sounds like comms has been broken in 126 from what others using radios have reported. Hav ereverted to 125 for the time being.

I'm having this problem also but with AM radios. Everytime I set a freq. starting with 15*.* I get this loud tone.

Edited: Sorry, same problem here. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=112739k

Edited by alexbap

Windows 7 Professional x64, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB,

Intel Xeon W5650(i7) @ 4.1ghz, Asus P6TWS motherboard, 24gb DDR3, 500GB SSD.

Hybrid joystick(Base: Saitek X55 - Grip:CH Fighterstick), Saitek X55 throttle, Saitek ruder pedals.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem, as well. I can shut the tone off by fiddling with the frequency knobs. Another, major, problem is, that as soon as I contact JTAC (after getting the tone shut off), the frequency switches to 180.00 from 30.00. I never do get connected to JTAC. meaning I can't practice it and learn it.

Yep, the tone occurs because of the switch to 108 that happens when you press F1 "ready to copy" (question: does it happen earlier than this for you guys? For me the initial contact is fine). I can't find much info on it around the web, but surely it's a bug of some kind. Any ED tester able to confirm/deny?

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping this issue would have been addressed in the last update but alas it wasn't. I miss JTAC so much now.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, AJS-37 Viggen , AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL , F-5E Tiger , L-39 Albatros.

guys, if you experience the tone, simply tune down 10 MHz. If this doesnt work, open your mission with the editor and change the frequency to [something].[other-than-000] MHz and everything is fine. It is really not that hard to work around this bug.

• 3 weeks later...