Deployment Campaign - Alarm!

lemining

Hi guys,

I have recently purchased BS2 and I absolutely love it!

I'm currently stuck on Alarm! (Deployment campaign) mission. I'm not sure if anyone does those campaigns but in the nutshell your base is under attack and you gotta leave ASAP in the middle of the night.

This should be quite easy, however right when you spawn you get hammered on the right hand side (AK47s) - which causes engine failure (fire). I tried both auto-start and even doing manual start up of only necessary systems (engines) but by the time you try to start engines its too late.

RPM for right engine (where you get hit by AK47s - many times) only go up to 4k RPMs and it drops back to 0. Left engine is fine.

Power from left engine is not sufficient to take off. :helpsmilie: I watched a youtube movie, but it appears to be BS1 where guy doesn't even get hit once during the mission.

What am I missing here?

The Mission has been fixed - improved and will be in the next patch. In the meantime use the attached.

Nate

Hi Nate,

I have downloaded the file then overwritten my existing with your patched file and still unable to complete the mission. Getting slammed still with ak47s right at the beginning and unable to take off.

Is it worth waiting for the proper patch being released?

EDIT:

I have put the file in the wrong location! Put it in K50 instead of DCS World. For anyone using this file place it in

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Campaigns

Edited by lemining

Hi guys,

I have recently purchased BS2 and I absolutely love it!

I'm currently stuck on Alarm! (Deployment campaign) mission. I'm not sure if anyone does those campaigns but in the nutshell your base is under attack and you gotta leave ASAP in the middle of the night.

This should be quite easy, however right when you spawn you get hammered on the right hand side (AK47s) - which causes engine failure (fire). I tried both auto-start and even doing manual start up of only necessary systems (engines) but by the time you try to start engines its too late.

RPM for right engine (where you get hit by AK47s - many times) only go up to 4k RPMs and it drops back to 0. Left engine is fine.

Power from left engine is not sufficient to take off. :helpsmilie: I watched a youtube movie, but it appears to be BS1 where guy doesn't even get hit once during the mission.

What am I missing here?

I remember doing that mission in BS1 and you never get hit. You only see explosions around the FRAP. I recently bought BS2 and I am hoping to get back into the campaign. Glad to hear it Is still fun.

314-я смешанная авиационная дивизия

314th Mixed Aviation Division: The "Fighting Lemmings"- Forums: http://314thsquadron.enjin.com/ - ED Forum Group: http://forums.eagle.ru/group.php?groupid=119

Всем привет! На ПК была установлена игра Ка-50, после ее удаления, при повторной установке выдается постоянно сообщение: не могу открыть для записи "C:\Program Files {x86}\1C\Eagle Dynamics\Ка-50\Multiplayer.bat" Все проверил, но такой записи по указанной ссылке нет, естественно игра не устанавливается

Pre-patched mission attempt:

I tried this mission last night with no luck. The insurgents just love shooting your right engine.

For some reason the right engine won't complete it's startup. And when I start the left engine first then rotate the helo so that the insurgents are shooting at my tail, I still get hit in the right engine and can't take off with enough power.

314-я смешанная авиационная дивизия

314th Mixed Aviation Division: The "Fighting Lemmings"- Forums: http://314thsquadron.enjin.com/ - ED Forum Group: http://forums.eagle.ru/group.php?groupid=119

• 4 weeks later...

This worked for me. It's a rough ride mind.

Manually start up (fast) the left engine. only start up the basics, but for sure the auto fire extinguisher is essential.

Forget about the right engine, perhaps if you are fast enough you may be able to start it up once your rolling... but I doubt it!

Set the left engine to emergency power and move forward off the farp, there will be enough lift to slowly drop of the helipad mound but try to come down soft as you will need them tyres intact).

Keep trying to build forward speed whilst rolling or bouncing along the ground.

Gun fire will slow and stop quickly.

Try the right engine whilst building speed.

Once you gain enough speed you will attain transitional lift which will allow you to slowly and painfully climb (don't have hills or houses in your path).

Do a slow rolling land beside the destination farp.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.