Mi-8 and guns/grenades - how to make 'em work?

This is one fun eggbeater!

I haven't been bitten yet by the dreaded VRS - I got that out of my system with the Ka-50 early-on! ;) What a nice machine!

Anyway...I flipped the 'wall' of switches in the upper-left. Weapons are not 'safed.'

I can fire the rockets fine, but whether I load up the 9-A-800 or 9A-624/622 or GSh8 - the result is the same - nuthin'! ;)

I know it's something I've done - can you help me out, brothers?

I've check all the panel screenies in that wonderful PDF doc - maybe I just need to wait for the English panel mod... :D

Make sure you're setting the 4-way switch to whatever you're trying to fire (800, 622 or 624). Also, ensure that your pod variant knob (to the co-pilot's right) is set correctly (I, V, or all the way right)

I'm not at my computer now, so that's all I can think of.

Thanks, guys!

Checking tutorials is not bad advice at all.

In fact, I went thru the interactive on employing weapons 7-10 times before I finally "got it!"

For the "Vikh's" I could either get a "TA" only, or maybe a "TA" and the 'distance cues' ('circles') lined up (but there'd be no "C" cue), etc., before I finally 'connected the dots.' :music_whistling:

Now I wonder what was ever so hard? :D

Will do....

They are just there for display purposes.

No idea really, seems like suicide to me to try dropping bombs from a helicopter.........

Anyone can tell me when you would want a helicopter deliviring bombs instead of an plane????

Can't imagine anything.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

"Anyone can tell me when you would want a helicopter deliviring bombs instead of an plane????"

When you know where the target will be for the next hour, but not after that, & it's 30 minutes flight from a helicopter sitting on a FARP, and 1 1/2 hours flight from the nearest plane at an airbase ?

Cheers.

Anyone can tell me when you would want a helicopter deliviring bombs instead of an plane????

Well, i fly this helicopter as a plane. Onely takeoff, landing and other situations I use it's hoower capability. You do not fly this helicopter like the BS... lurking around... this one is big and heavy....

Hardware:

Mainboard: MSI Z77!-GD65 Gaming, Socket-1155

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K, Quad Core, 3,5 GHz, 8MB

RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3 2133 MHz 2x4 GB

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 650Ti Boost 2GB