ENO

Do
activeWeapons = {} 
local function addWeapon(event) 
if event.id == world.event.S_EVENT_SHOT and world.event.weapon then 
activeWeapons[#activeWeapons + 1] = world.event.S_EVENT_SHOT
end 
end 
Trigger.action.outText (mist.utils.Tableshow (activeWeapons), 25)
mist.addEventHandler(addWeapon) 
End

With the above taken part from Grimes wiki, it works as I'm able to see the table appear on the screen with only

{

}

Appearing in the message as it was an empty table.....but the table insert is there so what am I missing to add that value?

Edit: maybe if I assign world event to something like shot = world.event.S_EVENT_SHOT?

Edited by Cougar

sigpic4165_1.gif

attachment.php?attachmentid=36435&d=1266786388

Two things: First, your output command is not part of the event handler, so it is only executed when the script is loaded at which time the table is empty, never again. So it should not appear when you pickle. It did not for me.

Second: There is an error in the example code.

if event.id == world.event.S_EVENT_SHOT and world.event.weapon then

must be

if event.id == world.event.S_EVENT_SHOT and event.weapon then

do
activeWeapons = {}
local function addWeapon(event) 
	if event.id == world.event.S_EVENT_SHOT and event.weapon then 
		trigger.action.outText (mist.utils.tableShow (activeWeapons), 10)
	end 
end 
mist.addEventHandler(addWeapon) 
end

• Like 1

aka: Baron

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How do you think I feel?! lol

'

Speaking of which- that doubleBack script... Is it an advanced waypoint script I enter at the last waypoint of the group causing the group to double back... or do I enter the script in the as a start mission trigger and it automatically applies to the group named?

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Speaking of which- that doubleBack script... Is it an advanced waypoint script I enter at the last waypoint of the group causing the group to double back... or do I enter the script in the as a start mission trigger and it automatically applies to the group named?

http://wiki.hoggit.us/view/GroundPatrol

Run it at the start. Basically the script re-draws the route and then re-assigns it. It also attaches a do script command to the last waypoint to begin the route again. So technically the group moves to the last waypoint, stops briefly, and then gets a new route (the same route) to follow.

Yes it is given its own route. You can use http://wiki.hoggit.us/view/GroundPatrolRoute to tell it to follow another groups route or pass it a completely custom route.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

The # operator in Lua doesn't work like that unfortunately. Write a function like this

function tablelength(T)
 local count = 0
 for _ in pairs(T) do count = count + 1 end
 return count
end

and use that to get the number of items in the table.

Adding this in my script....how I use it? Tablecount = tablelenght () inside my other function? The can I use trigger.action.outText (Tablecount, 10) or it need something different?

Thx

sigpic4165_1.gif

It will add to the table activeWeapons

If I do

ActiveWeapons={
Missiles={}
}

How I get to insert into the missile table?

activeWeapons[Missiles][#Missiles + 1] = world.event.S_EVENT_SHOT

sigpic4165_1.gif

I'm just pairing things up here- stacked the given script with the format given in the guide.

mist.teleportInZone('group1', 'zone1', {disperse = true, radius =100})

mist.teleportInZone (string groupName, string zoneName, Boolean disperse, number radius)

So now a new script...

mist.groupToRandomZone (??? group, ??? zone, string form, number heading, number speed)

So I'm plugging away at this... and I see the ??? and wonder if that means that it could either be a string, or a table? And I imagine I could either build tables with a collection of zones / groups, or name all the zones / groups in string form with '...' similar to the teleport in zone. Then when we get into optional items do we open up {form = vee, heading = 180, speed = 15}

So does it look the same in the end?

mist.groupToRandomZone ('group1', 'zone1', 'zone2', 'zone3' {form = vee, heading = 180, speed = 10})

"ENO"

I've had a look into the code and it looks like you can either give it a string or a single group. So either

• mist.groupToRandomZone('groupname', ....
  • mist.groupToRandomZone(Group.getByName('groupname'), ....
  • but not multiple groups.

As for zones, it can deal with either a string, a triggerzone or a table of zone names

That means you can use:

• 'zoneName'
  • trigger.misc.getZone('zoneName') or just any table that looks the same, for instance: zone = {point = Unit.getByName('unitName'):getPosition().p, radius = 10000}
  • or a table of zone names:
    zones = {
    'zoneName1',
    'zoneName2'
    }

Edited by St3v3f

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Its mostly guide formatting inconsistencies. For the PDF guide I did use "???" to indicate there are multiple entry types. At somepoint I decided to specify what each value should be by utilizing a format similar to:

type1/type2/type3 desc1/desc2/desc3

The wiki itself has formating issues as I changed my mind on what sort of data should be where. Eventually I settled on specifying the input value types and the rules that go with each value. A few also have valid examples, but I tend to add the most examples to the actual example code below.

For example on the wiki page of the same function...

http://wiki.hoggit.us/view/GroupToRandomZone

table/table/string zoneNames/zoneObject/zoneName

As a point of correction to St3v3f, the zone table accepts a table of zone names.

zone= table of zone name strings {'zone1', 'zone2', 'zone3'}

zone = string of a zone name 'zone1'

zone = zone table {point = vec3, radius = number}

Just to confirm on these "Hoggit" pages- are these works in progress or are these easily accessible with the "wiki.hoggit.us/view/ (name your function) in the browser window?

I think they're really quite helpful- especially if they give examples of codes in proper format.

"ENO"

As a point of correction to St3v3f, the zone table accepts a table of zone names.

zone= table of zone name strings {'zone1', 'zone2', 'zone3'}

zone = string of a zone name 'zone1'

zone = zone table {point = vec3, radius = number}

Right, it takes a table of strings but not a table of zones

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think they're really quite helpful- especially if they give examples of codes in proper format.

Yes! Let's make it an community effort to include examples on every function, including the SSE. I've requested a login for the Hoggit-wiki.

• Like 1

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Just to confirm on these "Hoggit" pages- are these works in progress or are these easily accessible with the "wiki.hoggit.us/view/ (name your function) in the browser window?

Yeah every mist function has a page with all the info you could need to figure out how to use it, but the page name don't always perfectly match the mist function name. See this page for a full list of mist related pages: http://wiki.hoggit.us/view/Category:MIST Some pages are more detailed than others, so in that respect it is still a work in progress. It was quite a bit of effort to create the pages and the templates, but once they are created its pretty easy to go back and add or fix things if needed. I've noticed St3v3f has gone in there and fixed a few typos, which is quite helpful. On more than a few occasions I saw a post or question about a mist function and then checked the wiki documentation for that specific function to see if I needed to change or add anything. For the most part the only inconsistent bits of documentation on there are the valid input values and the examples. With the valid input values I changed my mind halfway through for what it should be from pure examples of values to a little description and rules for the values. Some examples are missing or could be improved, and I'd be perfectly happy for contributions in this area.

Yes! Let's make it an community effort to include examples on every function, including the SSE. I've requested a login for the Hoggit-wiki.

Adding and reformatting the rest of the SSE wiki is on my todo list, but so is a bunch of other stuff. What I have in mind is completely different than its setup now, but I have yet to start adding pages to it. At least adding the mist documentation taught me some stuff on wiki syntax so it shouldn't be that rough to start from scratch. There are also a bunch of concepts and examples for the SSE documentation that would be helpful in plugging into mist documentation of which I'll have to go back and add to mist stuff.

Thanks Grimes- that link is going to be a tremendous resource for me as well as a bunch of guys just like me who want to help ourselves but just can't QUITE get our heads around how.

In reading over some of the description of tables I did feel a couple tumbler pins drop into place... just barely. Thanks to everyone who is or will be contributing to this effort.

"ENO"