Random Faults Adjustable?

In order to introduce a bit more realism into the simulation I thought I would check the 'Random Faults' box.

Having now had 4 Engine Fires and Failures in 8 flights I am thinking I've had enough. Is there a way to adjust the failure rate to something a bit more realistic? Please don't tell me that it IS realistic ;) but a 50% fail rate does seem a little bit excessive.

Alpine Systems PC with Intel i7-2600K @ 3.40/3.70 GHz. NVidia GTX590 Graphics. 24 Gb RAM (24 Gb usable!). 64 bit. Windows 7 PRO SP1. 3 x Samsung P2370 monitors. Thrustmaster HOTAS. TrackIR5. :joystick:

Which aircraft were you flying? I don't know exactly how it works or if the code is accessible. I won't be shocked if it just randomly picks a failure from the list with each possible failure having the same chance of failing. Thus an aircraft with a smaller list (FC3 aircraft and Ka-50) have a greater chance for more critical components to fail. Unlike something like the P-51D, A-10C, or Huey have a whole lot more failures to pick from.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Which aircraft were you flying? .

Should have said: the A-10C Hog is my fire loving friend.

I agree there are lots of failures to choose from, but 4 engine fires in 8 flights??? I wonder if it's the way I fly :music_whistling:

Alpine Systems PC with Intel i7-2600K @ 3.40/3.70 GHz. NVidia GTX590 Graphics. 24 Gb RAM (24 Gb usable!). 64 bit. Windows 7 PRO SP1. 3 x Samsung P2370 monitors. Thrustmaster HOTAS. TrackIR5. :joystick:

The random failures only happen in single player. If you are playing multiplayer, it does not work. The triggers to force a failure also only work in single player. Which is unfortunate.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

Do you have the birds slider all the way at 1000%?

Well, ...... not quite that far! I do have 'Birds' set about 1/3 of total. I shall reduce it and see if it makes a difference.

What is 1000% anyway - 10 x the maximum?

Reminds me of Bob Newhart's story of Sir Walter Raleigh's discovery of tobacco:

"You know, Walt, back here in England, come fall, we're up to our ears in leaves"! :smilewink:

• 7 months later...

No to bird strike. I am having the same issue with any map that I create. birds or no birds. even when I dont select random failures, my uh-1 fails every flight. and its not the way I am flying it. I cant figure it out. Dont understand at all. Of course. when the options for adding stuff is enforce and value, I am not exactly sure what Enforce and Value mean.

HawgDawg4life of MSFlights.net

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]