Impossible to start the engine

EagleHawk

Hi Folks,

i am trying the "Cold Start Tutorial lesson". Everything works fine. Collective and Throttle to idle when the magic moment comes to start the engine...

Nothing happens. I pressed Home-Key for 1 minute, i mapped it to another button of my Cougar MFD - nothing...

There's not even a switsch somebody can click with the mouse...

Power and fuel is on, like described in the tutorial...

Thank You very much!

For me it's very likely that an important switch must be in the wrong position.

Thanks for the link for the flight manual, i was missing the manual, because it is not provided via steam!

Look in the install folder of DCS under steam and look for a doc folder. It might be in there or it could be in your "my documents" folder under dcs.

Not sure though since i dont have steam versions

g8PjVMw.png

When you have to turn on the battery,maybe you have pressed the yellow checkbox at the "Starter Gen"-switch reflexively ;)

However, that switch should remain at the "Start" position...without it, the engine will not ignite...

by the way...the Page up/down Keys don't work for me...i have to throttle up with the Mouse Wheel...is that normal?

Edited by Tryhorn

When you have to turn on the battery,maybe you have pressed the yellow checkbox at the "Starter Gen"-switch reflexively ;)

However, that switch should remain at the "Start" position...without it, the engine will not ignite...

by the way...the Page up/down Keys don't work for me...i have to throttle up with the Mouse Wheel...is that normal?

The Starter position makes the engine starter motor work in Starter mode, it's main intended function. The standby generator mode allows the starter to be used as a backup generator in case of main gen failure.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

normally, for a quick engine start, you need only Battery on, Starter-Gen on Starter Mode, and the Fuelwalve to on. then press starter and it runs...

do you have fuel?

when you press the starter button, does the Starter Spool up?

3. The engine start/stop command changes broke the Cold Start training mission. You can download an updated version here for a manual install into \\mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\Missions\EN\Training\Aircraft Operation\1.

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

Same here. Page Up/Page Down used to move the throttle twist grip, but not any more. I haven't checked to see if I can just go in and assign the keys in the options, but that might be a possibility. I just figured it's easy enough to use the mouse. :)

--NoJoe

My guess is that some of you are reusing old config files. Delete/rename ..\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\UH-1H. This will reset controls to the default.

I just tested a clean 1.2.6 install and PGUP/DN works.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

3. The engine start/stop command changes broke the Cold Start training mission. You can download an updated version here for a manual install into \\mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\Missions\EN\Training\Aircraft Operation\1.

I don't know where that download came from but the download zip file does not contain the .lua and .miz files for the Startup training mission ( or any mission that I can see). :huh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

• 8 months later...

having just bought the uh1 mod and starting with the cold start mission I cant get anything to work in cockpit other than views and track ir... when I put a mouse over a knob or switch that can be interacted with it changes colors and icon but when I click lmb or rmb nothing happens... so I cant even do a startup....

however, if I exit the training mission then just open a regular mission, everything in the cockpit works as it should... all I want to do today is just start the dam thing.... any ideas why I cant get the training mission to startup working? does anyone have a custom mission I can download for startup practicing and free flight?

EDIT: solved, after changing to native resolution clicking the fly now button actually worked and started the mission properly, before it was just putting me in the chopper just as eye candy for some reason.... had to be something with the resolution I was running at and where the mouse was actually at vs where I thought it was at

Edited by wingtip

Dave Townsend

http://www.indyhelis.com

I had a very similar issue with the engine not starting (despite always working in the past before 1.2.8 ).

The solution was to give it a smidge of throttle just before engine start just to get it past N1 20% - then as it would continue to spool up I'd back off the throttle, let the engines settle before boosting up the throttle again for completion.

This only happened a few times and I haven't needed it since. I'm not sure what was causing the condition as I don't feel I've changed anything in my procedure.