New Replica Joystick

Signed up for moral support if nothing else. It would take me a while to save up for one of these the way things are financially right now, so a preorder just isn't in the cards.

I will be passing a link along to a friend who has a very strong interest in the Huey, and would love this stick!

I hope this works out great for you, I am always happy to see someone take the initiative to innovate a product like this, especially a member of the community!

Signed up for moral support if nothing else. It would take me a while to save up for one of these the way things are financially right now, so a preorder just isn't in the cards.

I will be passing a link along to a friend who has a very strong interest in the Huey, and would love this stick!

I hope this works out great for you, I am always happy to see someone take the initiative to innovate a product like this, especially a member of the community!

Hey, Thanks very much. The support is much appreciated!

Replica Flight Controllers

http://www.galactic-pancakes.com

All I can say is AWESOME! I can't wait to receive mine. I am debating on ordering a collective from Komodo...but pricey. Are you planning on a collective down the road? If so, I might wait. I am so glad I pre-ordered the stick and that I found your website. Thanks again for developing this stick.

Dan

Are you planning on a collective down the road? If so, I might wait.

Dan

Yes, the collective is about 50% designed, but we need to get ahold of some better reference materials before we can finish it 100%. We do not want to do a Bell 206 collective, we'd prefer to do an MD500. However, if someone can provide some good data on *any* collective, we may just go with whatever that turns out to be.

Thanks again for your order!

Thanks, glad you like it ;)

Just wanted to update you. Sales have been brisk, so we've had to shorten the pre-order period. You now have until Dec 1 to lock-in the $100 off special price...after that the price will return to the normal $489.99.

Thanks for all the interest!

Hi, just a quick update;

We've completed testing with the electronics package. I quite enjoyed flying around in IL2 BOS, as well as DCS A-10, Blackshark and P-51. Everything is working together well so that's another milestone checked off.

Also want to thank everyone from the mailing list that took the time to fill out the quick survey. Some really interesting trends are developing, so we thought we'd open the survey to people on the forum as well. If you feel inclined to answer some questions that will directly shape our future offerings, please follow the link;

Galactic Pancakes Survey

We had a few issues with customs last week that have caused some delays, but other than that things are pretty much on track.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I am not sure if this is still ongoing production as I can't see the online shop working any more, I have purchased the gimbals long time ago and only fey days ago actually got to finally use it (one spring broke in my IJ's gimbals - again, so I thought I finally give this gimbal a try and finally make my HOTAS Cougar a floor mounted stick).

I've had some problems to solve along the way because of non-standard installation, and one of them was that springs are quite week for a heavy metal HOTAS Cougar. The gimbals mechanism is really good I must say, there is absolutely 0 play... it is quite solid and I recon it will last a lifetime.

I ended up placing the HOTAS Cougar PCB in the enclosure, took out the 4 springs completely and the plastic piece that connects the springs to the shaft. I attached new 4 pieces of 2Kg springs I bough in hardware store and attached them externally (using before purchased 3D printed piece from Flim see here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1820860&postcount=1)... they work very well and are strong enough to hold the heavy Cougar stick on long extension.

Overall I really like the gimbals, and hall sensors are easy to fix and connect (just use hot glue to attach them to plastic holders).

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

• 1 month later...

Buy a motorcycle universal joint from eBay, learn to weld. Worked for me.

GP - Questions:

What are the stick forces are like in terms of strength?

How does it feel when you cross the center of an axis, is there a perceptible "sticking?"

Have you considered implementing some form of light hydraulic damping? I have a similar setup and the "springiness" can be challenging at times with a long arm... it tends to act like a pendulum and amplify spring oscillations.

Edited by aaron886

OMG this is exactly what I need - anyone know what happened to the store?

Or can I make my own from similar parts from a hardware store?

EDIT: how does a person attached bolt between two pieces of metal so that it is really tight and has no play, but it can still rotate (like in the gimbal above)?

Pancake's project fell through I think. His stuff was CNCed, but you can make standard hardware work to an extent. His gimbal's got ball bearings at the rotation points (in the middle and on the sides of the central portion).