Stuck on mission 3-2

Kilrah

Hi guys.

I´m playing the campaign and got stuck on mission 3-2 something. I´ve been playing the same two missions over and over again. One is a day mission around 8:00 am and the other one around 2 am. It seems that I´m not progressing in the campaign. :( Do you have any suggestions how to advance in the campaign? I´m using Mavs and some CBU-97s but maybe it´s not enough? Should I land and rearm/refuel aswell?

Confused.. :huh:

ASUS Z370, i7 8086K @ 5,2 Ghz, ASUS Strix GTX 1080, 16GB Ram, TM HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR 5, Saitek combat rudders, 25" 1440p monitor, Oculus Rift

If you press the (') key you can usually see your progress in the mission. If its not 100% success my understanding is you wont progress to the next mission. If its not at 100% that means your mission goal has not been achieved yet.

This may mean that ground forces have to reach their final destination, not all tgts have been destroyed etc. You don't have to land back at base to achieve 100%.

There have been a couple missions if I remember that just staying airborne and eventually the mission 100% happened and im not sure why.

Have a look at that (') (") key.

My CAS (Close air support) JTAC Channel:  RIFLE - YouTube  

RIFLE's Discord:  https://discord.gg/cmDCrr4Z2g  

Publications

JTAC Bible (see/know chapter #5) https://fas.org/irp/doddir/dod/jp3_09_3.pdf

J-FIRE pocket guide (Don't do battle without it!)  BK2 (fas.org)

:pilotfly:Had a like experience until I figured out what I was missing. Was able to destroy all enemy targets but I boogied out before the ground units I was there to support actually reached their final ground destination points. Once they announced that they had arrived at those points I was able to RTB with a mission success. Just flying overhead waiting for them to advance to their destinations can get boring and you will find yourself wishing those tanks could go faster:pilotfly:

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

:pilotfly:Had a like experience until I figured out what I was missing. Was able to destroy all enemy targets but I boogied out before the ground units I was there to support actually reached their final ground destination points. Once they announced that they had arrived at those points I was able to RTB with a mission success. Just flying overhead waiting for them to advance to their destinations can get boring and you will find yourself wishing those tanks could go faster:pilotfly:

Don't forget about lctrl-z and lshift-z to speed up time through those boring parts.

Don't forget about lctrl-z and lshift-z to speed up time through those boring parts.

True true. But it feels like cheating, in a sort of strange way :music_whistling:

ASUS Z370, i7 8086K @ 5,2 Ghz, ASUS Strix GTX 1080, 16GB Ram, TM HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR 5, Saitek combat rudders, 25" 1440p monitor, Oculus Rift

Sigh... Just been flying mission 3-2-0, again.. Did all there is to do I think, the JTAC thanked for the help and said there is no further assignent available and I could retun to base, which I did after I´d been flying around for a pretty long time (with time compression) I couldnt even contact the other JTAC.s. Well, landed and parked, next mission 3-1-0, night misson... again.. The "Results" in (') key said Score 97 and Results 50 which if I have understand things right points to "mission goals not suceeded" or similar. :cry:

Had a very good look at the map (F10) and the ground troops didn´t move an inch, should they? Hard to reach their destination without rolling.:(

Sigh... Just been flying mission 3-2-0, again.. Did all there is to do I think, the JTAC thanked for the help and said there is no further assignent available and I could retun to base, which I did after I´d been flying around for a pretty long time (with time compression) I couldnt even contact the other JTAC.s. Well, landed and parked, next mission 3-1-0, night misson... again.. The "Results" in (') key said Score 97 and Results 50 which if I have understand things right points to "mission goals not suceeded" or similar. :cry:

Had a very good look at the map (F10) and the ground troops didn´t move an inch, should they? Hard to reach their destination without rolling.:(

If they didn't move, that's because you didn't give them orders to advance. Just because the JTAC tells you he has no further tasking for you doesn't mean the mission is over. In the CAS missions like this, mission success depends upon the ground forces reaching the objective areas, not the destruction of enemy ground units in their way. To initiate their movement you tell them to advance under the Other section of the radio menu. With some missions, it can take the ground forces quite a long time to make the trip -- upwards of an hour -- so carefully monitor their progress on the TAD and via the TGP. Do not RTB and quit out until the ground forces have arrived at their objective and you've gotten the mission success dialog.

Yeah, I had some options under F10 Other in the comm menu, tried to contact them but afterwords they disappeared from the list, and they still didn´t move. Maybe I have to wait even longer then?

Will try again today!

Ok, did 3-1-0, ordered Mace and Pine to advance, they did. Too bad I got shot down by a MiG-29, again, those MiGs are a pain in the ass. My buddys in F-16 and F-18 doesn´t do much to help either. The strange thing is that I´m flying and taking out ground targets waaaaaay west of Pine and Mace, shouldn´t I help their advance at the eastern front?

Well, since I got shot down, again, I was returned to 3-2-0, again, cant order any vehicles anywhere here so I´m a little bit stuck. At the end, there is only me flying and everyone else has RTB, and still 50 in the results part. Oh, and I got burned by a MiG again, well this time he got a Sidewinder up his ass. :mad:

True true. But it feels like cheating, in a sort of strange way :music_whistling:

imagine hog pilots Lctrz and Z'ing.... :megalol: you'll hear all kinds of nonsense on radio :doh:

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Ok guys. Making progress at mission 3-1-0 night mission with Pine and Mace.

Seems like I was talking to the wrong JTAC. Tried the other one and "hallelujah", I got tasked to destroy tanks in their advance. Good times! Well, I failed anyway because Pine was destroyed because I gave them the order to advance to early where most of the enemy tanks was still intact. Oh, and I was shot down by a MiG again. :music_whistling:

Does it state in the briefing which one I am supposed to talk to? I did read it carefully but to me it is a bit unclear.

Ok, at last I did it.

3-1-0: Talk to JTAC east. DONT give the order to Pine and Mace to advance until you has cleared the area from T-72 and such. Then give order and wait (as you said) until they arrive to their destinations

3-2-0: Dont bother talk to JTAC, just go for the TGT wp and destroy BMP.s. Return home, watch out for MiG.s.

Edited by Kilrah

• 9 years later...

I'm having trouble on push 3-1 in that Pine seems to always get confused and stop its advance at a bridge.  The first try they all stopped before the bridge.  Second try, the first unit in Pine crossed, but the three others stopped just before the bridge.  They were undamaged, and all the enemy units had been destroyed.