No Trains ?

I was wondering how to add running trains in my mission, I see locomotives and coaches in the encyclopedia but I can't find it in the object list when I'm editing my mission (at least I can't find the same object name..).

Is it possible to do that or trains are just in default areas, non editable?

Thanx!

Robbie.

Here's an A-10 campaign I did a while ago featuring locomotive busting

http://www.the-eighth-art.com/A10OC.htm

Mission 6 Locomotive Busting at Vladislavovka

Day 1. 16:25 Hrs. Western Alliance Military Intelligence at Oxymoronlovovka have discovered that the Russian commander in the area, Lieutenant General Narkolepski, will be travelling in an army train from Feodosija to Sovetskij. You have been tasked to ensure that he doesn’t reach his destination. The train should pass through the station at Vladislavovka (SP2) at 16:40 Hrs. You are to destroy the railway bridge just beyond the railway sidings.

This mission finds you airborne about 15 minutes from the target. The supply situation at Belbek AB is now critical and you and you wingman are only armed with a pair of Mk-84s each and your cannon rounds. A UH-60A helicopter will laser designate the target.

Weather is fine, 68 F with scattered cloud at 3,500’.

Tip: In order to see the train you must select CIVILIAN TRAFFIC ON in the OPTIONS panel before you press FLY.

2005-11-29A-10TrainRsz.jpg

Trains run from station A to station B and then back again continously. Trains start at whatever your mission start time is (default 12:00), actually begin moving a few seconds after.

To see them, use CNTRL/F12 to swap from train to train, use SHIFT/F12 to swap between trains and road traffic (nothing seems to happen when you do this, the next CNTRL/F12 will).

Note that some trains have an engine at each end so CNTRL/F12 won't always take you to a view of the next train, merely to the other end of the same train!

As for a timetable, well I don't recall ever seeing one posted on the Forums so you have to follow the trains yourself and figure out the times, but here are a couple ...

Sevastopol to Bachiserai

leaves 12:00 arrives 12:37

Simpheropol to Amerskoe

leaves 12:00 arrives 12:33

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....