Speed Brakes

CrackerJack

There is an analog gauge which displays the amount of flaps employed. For the speed brakes I haven't found a similar cockpit display. I'd like to know when brakes are at 50% for example?

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Just glance over your shoulder. Easily seen out the window. :thumbup:

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

I heard but really can't verify that the air brakes will open to 80% while in the air, but with weight on the wheels they will open 100%.

When I land, I'll get the weight on the wheels and then open the brakes to slow, unless I'm in a panic or somethin'.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

I heard but really can't verify that the air brakes will open to 80% while in the air, but with weight on the wheels they will open 100%.

WC

This above is how it works in the sim. 80% in flight 100% with WOW. You can see this on landing. Open as much as you can on short final, then after touchdown look at the speed brakes and you will see you can now further extend them to 100%.

From the A-10a manual:

The speed brakes fully open or close in approximately

3 seconds. On the ground, opening time is

slightly less and closing time is slightly more. A limit

switch limits the speed brakes to the 800"/0 position

during flight, and precludes holding positions of less

than 100"/0. The squat switch on the left main landing

gear allows 1000io deployment on the ground.

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/