Mi-8 cold start and weapons cheat sheet

zal

Just a cheat sheet of the Mi-8 cold start procedure and weapon selection.

I still don't know the real meaning for the pod variants selector, so I followed Imp's guess from another thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=115474

The sheet also includes my hotas config for the Mi-8.

Edit: updated according to press indications and 1.2.7 fixes:

Mi-8 Startup_v5.pdf

Edited by zal
  • Like 2

Hm, some minor correction if I may:

Batteries ON, 115V to Manual (up position), 36V to OFF, CBs ON, fire detection ON, C & L & R tanks pumps ON, engine fuel pumps ON, APU Start. For battery conservation you may start with 2 pumps, Center and left or right and turning the third one on at a later time.

At least one minute later:

rotor brake off

select engine, press Start for 1-2 seconds

when "Starter ON" light is ON set Engine Stop lever to Open

monitor engine startup

repeat for the other engine same operation

After succesfull two engine start, twist grip to full (throtle full), AC ON, Rectifiers 1,2,3 ON, 115V and 36V to Auto (down position), PZU ON, nav lights ON, turn on all navigation sistems (triangle switches, first left then right)

APU OFF

Turn on Roll-Pitch and Yaw autopilot chanels. Test them by moving the stick and look if the indicators are moving.

After take off, above 50 meters turn OFF PZUs (no dust above 50 meters) and you may turn on AP Altitude chanel.

During hot and high or hot or high operations that PZUs eat arround 7% of engine power.

For winter operations, Anti-Ice system is ON.

Edited by press

Hi press, thanks for the feedback.

Good point about PZUs and anti-ice.

Appart from some changes in the order of the sequence, the most striking change for me is 115V and 36V management. I took the info from the quick start PDF and the training mission. Now, having a look at the Mi-17 manual, I only manage to understand that, in the first stages:

(a) if using groung AC then 115V and 36V are set to AUTO

(b) If using ground DC then 115V is set to MANUAL (36V remains OFF I guess)

So, I wonder what is the procedure if no ground power is used, and the right sequence. By the way, your sequence proves to be working (as you already know ;-). Were did you get it?

• 2 weeks later...