Kneebord Export for all DCS modules - I need your suggestions

PeterP

Yes, there is :

When it's done.

:)

This can be in 5days or three month.- It really depends on how much time Icemaker and I can spend on it .

Many thanks for your answer ;)

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 
HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar \ HP Reverb G2 \ WinWing Panels

Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.

Dude this is awesome, I have always wanted this. Is this going to be compatible for MP ? I can't tell you how helpful this will be for MP Missions and having jtac info right there at your knee.

ED should employ you and icemaker full time with all the cool stuff you are doing.

For the future versions down the road, would it be possible to have an ingame note pad function ? For instance a page that will look like hand written notes that save jtac coordinats automatically as if you wrote them down yourself.

Saw in the previous posts that it will not be available for FC3, does this include the SU-25T world as well ?

Edited by Skoop

intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz + Corsair H100 in push-pull / Asus Maximus V Formula mobo / 16Gb Gskill Ripjaw Z ddr3 1600 / evga 690 GTX 4gb / 1 TB WD caviar Black 7200 rpm sata HDD + 80GB Corsair F80 SSD + 2x Corsair 60Gb Force3 SSD / TM Warthog HOTAS-G940 Peddals / Corsair 1200 AX gold PSU / Windows 7 64 bit OS / 27" Qnix 2710 @ 2560 x 1440 120hz PLS Monitor & 23" acer touch screen with Helios/

Can't say aniting about what features will be included in the end.

Will work for MP with some restrictions - as additional pages are stored right now in the *.Miz file. - but have already worked out a partial workaround for this.

Later more...

Saw in the previous posts that it will not be available for FC3, does this include the SU-25T world as well ?

FC3 is beta stage: No one knows how the final version will be opened for modding in the end.

But when the code of FC3 stays as it is now:

No, you won't be able to implement a Knee-board for FC3 that is visible in-cockpit .

• 1 month later...

Hi Peterp,

and thank you for this very nice job ! :thumbup:

just a question : For the P51-D, Do you think it could be possible to see our road drawn on the map, with our waypoints (juste like in the mission editor when we define the flight road of a new plane) ?

Thanks !

Edited by Lib

Nice job as always PeterP!:thumbup:

Would be nice if someone skilled could create an iPad-App for this to use on "real knee" with iPad Mini for example:music_whistling:

Regards

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

• 1 month later...
I Updated PeterP Kneeboard Mod so now every Flying plane has the kneeboard with Vieport availability.

@PeterP: we need to talk on skype...

not working. I can't see the additional pages on TempTexture, only the map with wp (impossibile to navigate via RWIN combo keys).

Nice mod btw.

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 

Is there a fix?

not working. I can't see the additional pages on TempTexture, only the map with wp (impossibile to navigate via RWIN combo keys).

Nice mod btw.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Is there a fix?

I don't know. Best to discuss with the author of the Mod.

I'm now in the design phase of rewriting parts in DCS 1.2.4 for working Kneeboard exports that allows you also to take your own set of check-lists and briefing with you and I have to make some decisions.

(well, its somwhat already implemented ,but Icemaker and I want to give it a own menu with additional options like writing your own notes before entering the cockpit - without the need to go into a file-editor)

And I need your suggestions , as it gets trickier to change things afterwards as I also plan to put everything into a somewhat own 'module'.

Question :

Do you think it's useful to have the Knee-board on different places in each module - would you use such feature?

Why would you use/need such function and why you wouldn't renounce on it.

Means: You want to have the Knee-board in a absolute different place and size when entering the Huey as in a FC3 plane.

This will also mean that you have to use and define a different Entry in your monitorsetup-lua - when you don't manage it before hand you wont see the kneeboard at all for the module that is missing this entry.

(I hope it will be possible to automatize this on a later stage by a new EMC version or similar)

Would be nice to get some educated feedback on this , instead the other posts about the 'when?' and 'how?'.

And I'm especially interested in the opinion of Virtual-Squadron members and their special needs. As I will/want to integrate a function that extracts mission data and shows it on a mission-chart template.

Edited by PeterP

well, I guess that this mod is very useful for virtual pilots for many reasons.

We can load on Temptexture every briefing picture, tactical charts, airdrome charts and much more. My desktop is full at every operative flights, many and many sheets on keyboard.

I use the mod via monitorsetup.lua, I'm not interested to have the kneeboard into the cockpit because is pretty simple for me read the infos on extended monitor.

With a simpit KA50 and its ecrans ( 4 ) , the interet shall be to be able to program every modules with its ecrans exports because if we change aeronefs in the course of game, there is problemes of display thus to be able to put the kneeboard and the HINTs or we want would be a good thing

Changes will be made to be like this on next version.

I made the mistake to remove this ability on my last update.

I Will also start working on next E.M.C release to add FC3 and Kneeboard integration.

Work will also start on a Kneeboard Software to add some datas on ingame Kneeboard.

Edited by icemaker

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if it is the right post, but I can not have the kneeboard and the shkval screen working together !

I remove all installed mods, use the default lua for the shkval but when the kneeboard is installed the shkval screen is not working, either in the cockpit view or in the export views.

I also have this message in the DCS log:

00015.112 ERROR COCKPITBASE: ccLuaLoader::LuaDofile(L, "Scripts/Aircrafts/_Common/Cockpit/KNEEBOARD/indicator/init.lua"): Can't execute Lua file Scripts/Aircrafts/_Common/Cockpit/KNEEBOARD/indicator/init.lua - [string "Scripts/Aircrafts/_Common/Cockpit/KNEEBOARD..."]:143: attempt to call global 'update_screenspace_diplacement' (a nil value)

I am in full screen mode, using softth. The shkval problem occured also with no export of shkval, ABRIS, ...

Same problem with the shkval screen with a fresh install of DCS + BS in "one screen mode", either with full screen on windowed mode...

An idea for the content of the kneeboard: a "flightbook" computed for the flight path of the mission, giving the heading, time, altitude, speed for each weapoint, with the possibility to manually "check" the reached waypoint with the hour of the check action written in the row of the waypoint (So you can follow your route and estimate your time deviation).

Edited by lefuneste01

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Got it: the device_init.lua for the BS was wrong. I fix it by using the syntax of the A10C file.

I also improve the position of the kneeboard in cockpit (it was too high with the pilot). Here it is:

device_init.zip

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Small WIP status:

Well, to be honest : not much .

(But I made a lot of tests and also wrote a lot of code - and almost everything what I had/have in mind is possible - like a dynamical created chart that shows all relevant info of the current mission - so I have a solid basis to put everything together when the time comes)

But:

I'm too busy with other things and RL that I have almost no time to concentrate on a huge mod like this - well I'm also a little disappointed how little feedback I got on the questions I posted ...

-never mind -

wink.gifsmile.gif

I hope this 'offspring' of the work for this mod is sufficient for most of you while I dig deeper in the files:

>>>>

KNEEBOARD Export for 'multimonitorsetup.lua' in all modules - DCS 1.2.4

Edited by PeterP

I love the idea.

I would like to see the kneeboard moveable and resizable (configuration file would be fine). Of course that's with respect to the 2d one that is in game now. As a 3d model in the game, I don't think it really matters as long as it can be disabled/enabled by key press so you could see around it. Just my 2 cents.

Fridge

----------

Things which do you no good in aviation:

1) Altitude above you;

2) Runway behind you;

3) Fuel in the truck;

4) The airspeed you don't have.

Small WIP status:

Well, to be honest : not much .

(But I made a lot of tests and also wrote a lot of code - and almost everything what I had/have in mind is possible - like a dynamical created chart that shows all relevant info of the current mission - so I have a solid basis to put everything together when the time comes)

But:

I'm too busy with other things and RL that I have almost no time to concentrate on a huge mod like this - well I'm also a little disappointed how little feedback I got on the questions I posted ...

-never mind -

wink.gifsmile.gif

I hope this 'offspring' of the work for this mod is sufficient for most of you while I dig deeper in the files:

>>>>

KNEEBOARD Export for 'multimonitorsetup.lua' in all modules - DCS 1.2.4

Peter please don't give up I am eagerly awaiting the finish of another one of great mods I wish I could offer some help but I am at a loss when it comes to those lau files, well almost reading through some of yours which I already have and are using you put lovely green descriptions in explaining what this line does.

Keep it up Peter have a break for a few days refresh and come back like a coiled spring ready spring into action.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Peter please don't give up I am eagerly awaiting the finish of another one of great mods I wish I could offer some help but I am at a loss when it comes to those lau files, well almost reading through some of yours which I already have and are using you put lovely green descriptions in explaining what this line does.

Keep it up Peter have a break for a few days refresh and come back like a coiled spring ready spring into action.

Never said that I'm loosing it :)- it just takes time to put all things together so it fits for 'all' .

...and sometimes your planes doesn't fit in the time-plan of the 'universe' ( or who runs it) - so I have to obey and push things (again) one week further.

Nothing has stooped - it is just delayed.

That's all.