1.5.3 update

Sn8ke

Had the same issue after the update to 1.5.3.

The log file contained the following error:

DCS: Error running Scripts/Database/db_main.lua: [string "Scripts/Database/scripts/utils.lua"]:31: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

I fixed the issue by deleting the "aircraft" and "tech" folder inside "Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods" and running a repair (there's a thread in the forums on how to do this in case you don't know yet).

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but hell someone needs to. First of all why are people using the beta version when the stable client is the same? Now here for the bad news soon openbeta will be DCS 2.0 Open Beta, and those without the NTTR map will be well for lack of better terms unable to play it. Until the Black Sea map is updated to 2.0. But that update will not be as soon as the update of 1.5 Open Beta to 2.0 Open Beta. Now as for the mods the folder removing and then repairing. I opened DCS 1.5 Stable and had 0 issues after I updated it. So maybe just maybe playing openbeta isn't wise if you would like to play DCS now. Just food for thought. Best wish!

Thanks,
Lt. Commander Jason "Punisher" M

Hardware:
i7 10700K 5 GHz Quad Core, Water-cooled , 32GBs 2400 DDR4 RAM, MSI Intel Z470A GAMING MB, MSI RTX 3080 GPU W/10GBs GDDR6X, 512GB NVME.2 SSD, 1TB NVME.2 SSD, 2TB External SSD, 2 512Gb SSD's & 1 350 Gb HARDDRIVE, WinWing Orion 2 Stick Base and Throttle Base, Quest 2, Windows 11 (64bit)

Now here for the bad news soon openbeta will be DCS 2.0 Open Beta, and those without the NTTR map will be well for lack of better terms unable to play it. Until the Black Sea map is updated to 2.0. But that update will not be as soon as the update of 1.5 Open Beta to 2.0 Open Beta.

Where are you getting this information?

I ask because you state this as if it is a fact you are sure of.

Where are you getting this information?

I ask because you state this as if it is a fact you are sure of.

It's common sense, they said before it was even released once 1.5 is stable 2.0 was going to come out of alpha and goto beta quickly.

Thanks,
Lt. Commander Jason "Punisher" M

Hardware:
i7 10700K 5 GHz Quad Core, Water-cooled , 32GBs 2400 DDR4 RAM, MSI Intel Z470A GAMING MB, MSI RTX 3080 GPU W/10GBs GDDR6X, 512GB NVME.2 SSD, 1TB NVME.2 SSD, 2TB External SSD, 2 512Gb SSD's & 1 350 Gb HARDDRIVE, WinWing Orion 2 Stick Base and Throttle Base, Quest 2, Windows 11 (64bit)

Had the same issue after the update to 1.5.3.

The log file contained the following error:

DCS: Error running Scripts/Database/db_main.lua: [string "Scripts/Database/scripts/utils.lua"]:31: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

I fixed the issue by deleting the "aircraft" and "tech" folder inside "Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods" and running a repair (there's a thread in the forums on how to do this in case you don't know yet).

Just had the same problem with DCS the new 2.0.1 update. Solved by deleting the folder "MODS\tech\Ranger Pack\"

Thanks for sharing :thumbup: