[FIXED] Nav syst failure on takeoff

ErikF

I can't figure out what i'm doing wrong ; I load the cartridge correct with my flight plan, line up the correct runway, build up speed on centerline to rotate speed and take off. According to the manual p. 130 there should be an automatic course correction but it dosen't happen. Instead I get the nav syst light.

If I perform the same procedure regarding cartridge loading etc. but with manual course setting by pressing the reference switch on runway centerline everything works normal. What could be the problem?

Edited by RagnarDa

you forgot to press the "reference button" when ligned up on runway, same as the two/three other people here who made a thread about this

for the automatic thing, there are also some threads about this which you might should have a look at

If you don't press the reference button, then that's the problem, the automatic thing is maybe not working correctly

where is the reference button?

Cant seem to find it

I believe it's on the stick, directly beneath/behind the safety bracket. It's the same button you use to set a new reference altitude in flight.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

So the conclusion must be that the automatic correction dosen't work as described in the manual

It does work, but if your first waypoint (initial course) is more than 15 degrees you need to use the reference button on the runway.

unh3qtA.jpg

i9-9900k | 2080 Ti ftw ultra | 32gb DDR4 3200 | Oculus hmd | HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | MFD Cougar

• 1 year later...

Hey, I sem to have the same problem now for the first time. Never had that before, but I have it since the last week.

I am taking of at Creech RWY08, first waypoint is 115:32:54 W; 36:30:58 N.

BANA/GRÄNS gives me RWY 336 or 156 as an option (Base is 9001)

I guess there is a problem with missing bases in NTTR (see attached picture), at least for me. Can someone confirm that?

69758817_IMG_16121.thumb.jpg.f3b61758e0708cc557cd2ef96e42086e.jpg

Alias in Discord: Mailman

• RagnarDa changed the title to [FIXED] Nav syst failure on takeoff