DELETED

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't really open recruiting as such, super keen people tend to start hanging out in our teamspeak and if they fit in great with the group and are as interested in carrier ops as we are they get offered a jet.

We limit aircraft number to the same as the real squadron and I find it keeps a good active squad. We love helping people start their own squadrons as well which is the main reason we share all our training and as much of our mods as we can.

We have launched a new squadron, VFA-83 RAMPAGERS as the Stingers have no aircraft left to give out.

Their aircraft are currently being painted and the Hornet mod they fly will be available to the public soon.

The Commanding Officer is a great pilot called Strike. You can see their very first traps aboard the USS George H W Bush in our latest PLAT film:

zFt5Tf5HBi4

As a reward to the loyal fans of PLAT videos we have uploaded a public version of the flyable F/A-18C Hornet mod created by ISVA (Thanks Morkva, Slebdeff).

With the mod you get also all my best US Navy mods from the past decade:

- The USS George H W Bush CVN77 (I did the paint) with PLAT cam and VR alternate LSO views. Includes the Anubis Meatball and LRLS and CDP Kobras amazing 3D work.

- My RAAF paint and Aussie female refueller voice mod. (Affects UKR IL-78M)

- My integrated manual into both the Huey and Hornet which has detailed MGRS maps for parts of Nevada, PLAT cam crosshairs for standard monitors, Oculus Rift and 4K monitors, Various Hornet NATOPs pages.

- My highly detailed VFA-113 Stingers and (NEW) VFA-83 Rampagers paint schemes.

The in game manual with the overlays is a real break through as it allows you to have the same PLAT cam crosshairs you see in our videos IN GAME. Just jump in a Hornet, hit ESCAPE and select the manual.

muthaload.jpg

As mentioned earlier VFA-83 is our new squadron that will be under Stingers operating procedures in our airwing (CVW-17, tail code NA). This is why VFA-83 are 400 series modex (not 300) and NA (not AG) tails.

Interested pilots can now download the mod and log into teamspeak and express their interest in joining.

Shhhhhhhhhh.....Only for readers of this thread, don't tell anyone ;)

EDIT : You can use JGSME, please no whinging, if you don't like it uninstall it and delete it. This mod represents years of work and you're getting it free.

Edited by JAR VFA-113 STINGERS

Thanks JAR! Bravo Zulu!

Thought I would pass along the link to the Navy's latest Approach magazine (Approach 360) since it has a nice story from VFA-113. See page 8.

http://safety.navylive.dodlive.mil/approach-magazine/

Looking forward to simulating these failures and approaches to the boat some day soon in DCS.

[sIGPIC] "GOONIE" [/sIGPIC]

"GOONIE"

CSG-1 VFA-25

My command - 1988-1992 CVW-17, HS-3 Tridents, (HELANTISUBRON THREE). SH-3H and SH-60F. Deployed on CV-60 USS Saratoga.

VFA-81 Sunliners and VFA-83 Rampagers were the Hornet squadrons. Desert Shield and Desert Storm was the maiden deployment for them since transitioning from the A-7E. Their NAS was NAS Cecil Field, Jacksonville, FL, where I also did my shore duty in the Weapons Dept.

HS-3 became HSC-9 Tridents flying the MH-60S. They are with CAG-8 on the George H.W. Bush. Fairly accurate info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HSC-9

I was there at the beginning! I am in. I will be in touch soon. My current squad only flies BMS and I am flying with the Rift and could never fly in BMS. I haven't flown BMS in two plus years anyway. I do, however, spend hours designing DCS missions for my squad to fly so they can get into DCS but most never do. :( They are stuck on BMS.

See you in TS!

Edited by Scooternutz

Awesome guys.

I just updated the mod (current is now 8.2) to fix some things I was unaware of with that version (like a missing weapon release button):

muthaload.jpg

I'm getting inundated with emails and messages from great people like yourselves. The way I am running this airwing is based on who turns up and fits in with the rest of the guys. That's literally all there is to it. I'd recommend reading the teamspeak page and taking note that we don't tolerate any negative language towards Eagle Dynamics, DCS or Wags.

If you have a problem with Wags you are not welcome on our comms.

Entry to the Stingers is very tight as we don't have any spare jets but they do pop up every few months when someone gets busy elsewhere.

The Rampagers is a brand new squadron so everyone is welcome to join and try out. VFA-83 is part of the VFA-113 air wing and will be directly involved with most of our ops. If the Stingers are anything to go by grabbing a low modex aircraft would probably be a cool thing as I can imagine it'll fill up in a matter of months.

Edited by JAR VFA-113 STINGERS

Great videos Jar! And congrats on the new developments! Glad to see you guys are going strong as ever:D

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Jar does such an amazing job with the Stinger's.

I'm VERY lucky to be a part of it.

Looking forward to many more nervous traps....

Trigger

311 Jet

Edited by mort78
My poor grammar!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Forgiveness is between him and God......

It's my job to arrange the meeting!!!

love the VR shots, if it wasn't for the clipping into the deck they'd almost pass as being the real thing

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Thanks Bob, it's awesome standing on the flight deck and being able to walk around in the Rift. In the video I was walking freely toward the landing area as they were approaching.

Yeah the skipping is just a bit of warping I guess. We have pilots from Australia, Canada and Hong Kong all flying on the US based host machines so it's still pretty impressive how smooth it is.