F16 countermeasures

Flightsimnerd

How do you do so

With notepad or someother editor its just a textfile. I don't know exactly where it lives now, somewhere in the F16 directory.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The programs are defined in:

x:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\EWS\CMDS\device\CMDS_ALE47.lua

• Thanks 1

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

I owe you a beer. :thumbup: :smartass:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

So now after the update, the release chaff/flare command releases 30 of them instead of 2 as before (bypass mode). Is there a way to scale it back?
Did you customize the cms programs before the patch? If yes, the patch probably restored the original settings and you have to customize the file again. Save it somewhere and replace the default one after each patch.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI8

So now after the update, the release chaff/flare command releases 30 of them instead of 2 as before (bypass mode). Is there a way to scale it back?

You can now setup the programs in the cockpit. But you can still probably re-write the file to set it as a default set of settings.

Did you customize the cms programs before the patch? If yes, the patch probably restored the original settings and you have to customize the file again. Save it somewhere and replace the default one after each patch.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI8

I didn't customize the files, no, everything vanilla settings.

Before the latest update, I would switch the knob to "Bypass" mode, and it would release two chaff/flares. Now in the same setting, it releases 30

I didn't customize the files, no, everything vanilla settings.

Before the latest update, I would switch the knob to "Bypass" mode, and it would release two chaff/flares. Now in the same setting, it releases 30

It always dispensed 30 chaff/flare to me in bypass.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI8

Ok, hmm,

so is the only way to scale it down, by editing the CMDS_ALE47.lua file?

Yes. I don't know if with today's patch you can edit "in-cockpit" the bypass as it's...a bypass, something you use instead of "programmable programs".

Just save a backup of the edited file or as some user suggested try a mod manager.

This until the cartridge is available (never too soon!!!)

Sent from my Xiaomi MI8

Yes. I don't know if with today's patch you can edit "in-cockpit" the bypass as it's...a bypass, something you use instead of "programmable programs".

Just save a backup of the edited file or as some user suggested try a mod manager.

This until the cartridge is available (never too soon!!!)

Sent from my Xiaomi MI8

Ok so which value do I change (say for the bypass mode), in order to lower the quantity of expended chaff/flares per press?

I've attempted to change both the burst qty and salvo qty, though they still expend 30 of each.

Seems a bit wasteful to dump 30 of each, is that how they do in real life?

I noticed that after this last OB update, if either chaff or flares reaches zero, then programs don't run, even if the other countermeasure is available.

Anyone else got this?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Do you have a short track with this problem?

I just made one. No mods at all I repaired DCS before I made the track.

FA-16_CMS programs don't run if either chaff or flare is empty.trk

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Hello guys

I have been away from the f-16 since today's update. Before the update I modified the lua file and everything was working as planned. After today's update i replaced the lua file, with the old one. But now i cant dispense either chaff or flares? If i change the CMDS-setting only then can i dispense countermeasures.

I cant even get the PANIC dispense to work.

Edited by Skyracer

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView