Are we going to get block2 version?

Kumabit

I saw some guys in the Eurofighter discussion section saying that the JF17 is getting block2 version. Is that true or they were just making up BS?

I would really love to see an upgrade on the JF17 TBH, especially on the engine.

I saw some guys in the Eurofighter discussion section saying that the JF17 is getting block2 version. Is that true or they were just making up BS?

I would really love to see an upgrade on the JF17 TBH, especially on the engine.

i think most of upgrades Gor for block III , Block II and I i think there is not much big difference

A-Dart / PL-15 / IRLST / HMD goes for lucky Block III :(

Block 2s also have the LED landing lights, and the 5000 kg payload limit increase. Even though after flying it there’s not many cases you ever would want to load more then 3500 kg.

I suppose it’s possible for the radar differences to be something where no one knows what changed or what changed were components that would not affect its performance in our simulation.

Otherwise ours is still pretty close to block 2

Someone here once said block 2 also got third radio for data link, but I haven’t seen anything “official” about it

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Block 2s also have the LED landing lights, and the 5000 kg payload limit increase. Even though after flying it there’s not many cases you ever would want to load more then 3500 kg.

Could that allow for carrying the heavier weapons like the GB6s and 802s on the outer pylons? Or is it still a structural limitation even with the increased payload weight?

I’m almost entirely sure that is a structural limitation. It would allow bomb truck configs like 3 Mk-84 and four Mk-82 l, I believe. You can do that now it will just tell you way over payload and your tires will shred on take off

Really probably not that useful, I’m sure the suspension requires a lot of stiffening for that upgrade to work

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

I think it is capable because the Block 1 pylons don't get it to MTOM. It only makes sense in the case that certain weapons are carried on the outer pylons that are currently restricted to the inner pylons (e.g. 4x GB6 or 802 as already mentioned).

Is the wing strengthened thus "different"? That's possible.

Do we know what the difference in basic weight is? Maybe that would shed some light?

As I understood the 3rd radio, I thought it was an avionics update but it retained the same head so visually in the cockpit, no change?

As it is now, the control panel on the left side for the radios is just a programmer. The actual "radios" are in the avionics bay.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Yeah but there’s not exactly a way to switch on a third radio with the panel for the R&S:)

I don’t have any concrete info, but I know the payload increase was done after some extensive load bearing done on I think PT-05 or maybe 03. So it’s likely that it could be software or just a revision that says it is safe to load JF-17 that much. I have never seen anything about actual structural enhancements, I have never seen other weights specified, so if there was a change I would bet more money on software or just a certification change

Any chance we get IRS-T?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yeah wiki is wrong, but their is a lot of South African co operation with Pakistan. I wouldn’t rule it out.

The block 3 proto type that has maidened has no IRST, and I have seen no one mention it, so I really think it may not be around until Block four or five.

I didn't see IRST mentioned regarding Block 3, either.

HMCS, yes; AESA, yes.

Also, it is already capable of slaving the TGP to the RADAR for AA visual ID, and IRST isn't as great as they claim it to be (anecdotal evidence).

I did find this (with photo):

https://quwa.org/2016/04/25/ideas-jf-17-block-iiis-irst/

It's appearing that JF-17 might become the de facto replacement for the F-16 in the future for PAF.

This has been posted before, but worth re-reading: https://www.theweek.in/news/world/2020/01/02/china-touts-use-of-stealth-fighter-systems-on-upgraded-jet-for-pakistan.html

Edited by Tiger-II

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Yeah, so I feel they will focus on AESA, it has a new HUD and maybe a helmet, but I’m pretty sure the AESA will be the main focus for block III. It also has the 3 axis fly by optics of JF-17B. and it seems to use an increased level ofcomposites

I know everyone wants a kick ass plane, but PAF is still focused on replacing J-7, and then they will still have many Morages that need replacement, so I don’t think any of these gold plated features will be in their mind for a while.

It also has the 3 axis fly by optics of JF-17B.

What's that?

Fly by wire, but with fiber optic cables.

Oh, nice!