SH-2 Seasprite collective build

rreznik

So my good friend and vwing mate from the 132nd, Hansolo was kind enough to talk me in to buying a real collective from a Kaman SH-2 “Seasprite”, so I did…

The SH-2 "Seasprite":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaman_SH-2_Seasprite

The collective:

QgO5Pthl.jpg

cO9BJXzl.jpg

The collective head:

71mleYcl.jpg

The all familiar Bordar board / BU0836X 12-Bit:

YrDrN0jl.jpg

The build:

First we decided to remove and pull the cables through the collective itself rather than through the cable tube that originally was coming out on the back of the collective head. (See earlier images) As they at some point moved the twist throttle from the collective so itself was now hollow.

bym3u2pl.jpg

Testing the wall sides that actually holds the collective:

6Oaek7ol.jpg

Testing the hydraulic dampener:

L7tdG2al.jpg

Hansolo is testing the hall censor:

gY4xmPIl.jpg

Hansolo is on short final and is connecting the cables to the Bodnar board:

mDZ5xFSl.jpg

A video of the test of the "ON" indicator:

Penn Keystone indicator, 5VDC for the light and 28VDC for the mechanical indicator. It works nicely on 24VDC though.

All done for now:

wBfGsPql.jpg

Everything works, all sensors, the dampener, the real friction control is a "slider" now so it can be used for example for or engine throttling or such..

Next step, a cover box to cover the “skeleton”, some putty, a bit of sand paper and some paint!

More to come!

Enormous thanks to Hansolo who mentored, built, provided shelter, food, wine and beer while he built this for me while I provided all the assistance and wasted as little of his breathable air as possible, I am forever grateful my friend!

Total cost as you see it in the last image ~$500

Edited by rreznik

Thats looking really nice. Probably a lot nicer to hold than my 3d printed UH1 Collective... And that featherweight plastic thing was 300 bucks more expensive... -_-

Enjoy it :)

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen, all creds goes to Mr Hansolo! :)

Thats looking really nice. Probably a lot nicer to hold than my 3d printed UH1 Collective... And that featherweight plastic thing was 300 bucks more expensive... -_-

Enjoy it :)

I am very happy with! It's a very sturdy collective and the hydrologic dampener really adds a "mechanical" feeling to it. In lack of a better word to describe it. I ended up having to use a 5kg counter weight to balance it out. :)

Bloody awesome work guys

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

I know Solo he drinks like me and shoots first your lucky to have survived!! Now fly your chopper young man fly :)

Edited by Deadman
added a Y then a w

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

• 1 year later...

I like it a lot.I want to ask you.To make the leobodnar used you just plug in the cables and it works?i mean you do not need to program it? for example at the flood you have on and off.tou plug the two cable and you are okay?if you can post more pictures or a video.

Edited by slowmover

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You will need a small piece of software found on the Leo Bodnar site to let it run rotary encremental encoders but for switches you do not need it. For the On-Off you need two wires.

Reznik sold the collective to me but I haven't had time to pick it up so I am unable to post any pictures or videos.

Cheers

Solo