Tunguska accuracy issues

Corrigan

Attached is a track where an Excellent-AI Tunguska is allowed to fire SAMs at an approaching UH-60. The heli is spawned just outside max engagement range for the SAMs. The first 5 (!) missiles miss. The chopper deploys no countermeasures and takes no evasive action. Shouldn't this be an easy target?

I know the missile guidance is due an overhaul -- is this something that will address?

Easy target.trk

Edited by Corrigan

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

ive seen it every time i spectate a Tunguska, it never hits anything, or it does hit after a lot misses from really close ranges or the missles looses track at the last second, and the strangest thing is its incredibly inaccurate with its cannon, it misses an a10 flying 200M away from it

Edited by karambiatos

They should struggle with fast moving aircraft (more specifically high LOS rate targets), but rotary wing aircraft should be no problem, they are the main design target of the system, along with low flying aircraft, after all.

The SA-19 seems to have been moving back and forth from being far more capable to far less capable then it should be for a while now. Hopefully we can get it sorted.

As an aside, chaff should have no effect against the SA-19. Flare on the other hand should be able defeat the guidance system, and ECM render the missile command guidance near useless.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

It definitely looks like a bug; the missile is close, but then at the last second just goes flying past without reacting.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

Just checked your track in the internal build and it works fine, the Blackhawk is most definitely dead.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Yep, every missile hits.

Spoiler

What's to be stumped about? In 1.2.3 there is a problem, in internal versions there isn't. It should be fixed in the next major patch.

Spoiler

Flare on the other hand should be able defeat the guidance system, and ECM render the missile command guidance near useless.

I see that this works for AI and not for players.

We all determined ECM is not working and not modelled as per other threads including the major ECM thread from teh SU-25T post and has been confirmed it doesn't work in game against any SAM right now. Absolutely 0 effect. Thread here, and confirmed by you yourself (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=100247)

As far as flares go, it's a hit and miss but the strange behavior of flares is quite annoying when against AI. I can shoot Aim-9s all day long at a SU-25 that is not manouvering away much at all except a little tiny bank to the right, and he pops 2 flares every 1.5-2 seconds, and each and every aim-9 will miss on a tail on condition, with each aim-9 hard locked on the SU. A video clip of this is here ( I will note however that i was engaging at a slightly long distance at first) at 3:38

Repeat this with a human player and it's different, so is it that they have a different countermeasure system as well aside from the simple flight model system?

PS: Pretty much almost every single missile fired at a helicopter I have observed in F2 mode almost always misses. TOWs and SAMs of all kinds just wizz right past Ka-50s when they are hovering, literally not moving. I noted this a while back, and was told by a ED tester that this is accurate behavior against helicopters.

And I was all like:

7RdLC8f.gif

Edited by ralfidude

I see that this works for AI and not for players.

We all determined ECM is not working and not modelled as per other threads including the major ECM thread from teh SU-25T post and has been confirmed it doesn't work in game against any SAM right now. Absolutely 0 effect. Thread here, and confirmed by you yourself (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=100247)

Thats true, but some systems like the Tor and tunguska, they are powerful against ECM. They are effective short range air-defence. The Buk have a modern radar too and the S-125 are short range air-defence with the enough accuracy to hit the targets at 12 km even with ECM on.

The Kub, Hawk could be worst aginst ECM...

Patriot and S-300 could have a delay reaction against ECM

As far as flares go, it's a hit and miss but the strange behavior of flares is quite annoying when against AI. I can shoot Aim-9s all day long at a SU-25 that is not manouvering away much at all except a little tiny bank to the right, and he pops 2 flares every 1.5-2 seconds, and each and every aim-9 will miss on a tail on condition, with each aim-9 hard locked on the SU. A video clip of this is here ( I will note however that i was engaging at a slightly long distance at first) at 3:38

Do not forget the infrared Jammer of the Toat. Anyway I have to say the EOS System is not 100 % right implemented, dont know why... :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PS: I did forget about the EOS system of the frog, but that also works against heat seeking missiles?

Noo. I was talking about the EOS system of the Ru fighters... very difficult track an Air to ground plane. A lot of miss with the IR missile against the Toad/A-10C.

But the very amazing of all that is how the Linebacker Shoot-down easyly even when this hardware is retired.

In our game is one of the dangerous IR Air-defences

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EOS is really weird, I agree.

I would fly with a friendly in front of me and have my EOS on, and even though I am physically pointing my nose up and down my friendly on a tail on, the EOS said there was nothing there. I mean at like 1000 feet.... He would blink IN and OUT. It's the oddest thing.

My first assumption is that EOS has some kind of weakness in respect to how a plane is positioned but... I just don't know.

In another thread it has been confirmed and added to the bug list that the Russian planes have their radar lock system not working right. Something is diabolically wrong with them dropping out for no good reason. So we should expect that to get tweaked in the next 2-3 years the way things are going.