74th vfs 'The Flying Tigers' - Now with CSAR

The 74th vfs 'The Flying Tigers' has developed and implemented a CSAR role. This is active in our 'Operation Crossbow' mission and will be featured in other missions as well.

What this means:

If your aircraft is shot down or disappears for any reasons including 'Back to Spectators' or 'Connection Interrupted' for whatever reason, this particular slot will be deactivated.

To reactivate, it is required to have a rescue helicopter pick up the downed pilot and return him to either his home base or to a central location.

You can get a list of all deactivated slots and their location by entering '-stl' into the chat.

Observe the following rules:

1. You can safely quit a slot if you are on the ground at one of your coalition's homebases. It will not be deactivated.

2. After the rescue has been completed, the slot will remain deactivated for a set period of time unless you either ejected before destruction or landed the aircraft anywhere. In that case, it will be reactivated immediately after rescue.

3. Attacking friendly ground targets or supporting aircraft (AWACS, Tanker...) will result in disciplinary actions and an additional punishment time after rescue. This includes collisions as well!

4. Players are not allowed to attack enemy CSAR helicopters. Doing so will result in disciplinary action! They will be attacked by AI though.

5. Rescue helicopters are not allowed to attack enemy targets. Doing, so will result in disciplinary actions.

6. A Ka-50 can transport one pilot at a time, Hueys can transport two.

7. To pick up a pilot, you do not need to land. The requirements are as follows:

- Distance < 100m

- Altitude < 10m

- Speed < 1m/s

Only on our server 'PUMA'

Password available on Teamspeak:

voice.gamingdeluxe.co.uk:10091

Password: stripeycat

http://www.74thvirtual.co.uk

Edited by St3v3f

aka: Baron

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do I understand it right, that the TS info is not posted public? It demands a registration (which in turn has to be authorized by an admin) which I guess he hasn't come around to. Seems like a lot of trouble for a mission? :D

Why not just post the info here? (Btw I support a server that 'enforces' VOIP usage this way, but atleast please don't make the TS addy a secret)

If i missed the TS IP written down there somewhere - probably in big red letters - sorry for the fail, carry on. :D

• Like 1

I wish I could.

It's all prepared to do just that. The function for that is implemented in the mission and it is being called at the appropriate times. But unfortunately creating radio transmissions from the lua environment is not working at this time and I am not getting any reply to my ticket from ED.

Should that be fixed at some point, it will be in the mission immediately.

Edited by St3v3f

aka: Baron

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]