Scripting Engine 1.2.5 changes

Grimes

Since I cannot edit the wiki at the moment, here are the changes to the scripting engine with 1.2.5.

Changelog:

AI.Skill enum was added

Unit.getDescByName() function added

Controller.setOnOff() function was added

Controller.isTargetDetected() function was added

Functions for some trigger actions was added: trigger.action.activateGroup(), trigger.action.deactivateGroup(), trigger.action.setGroupAIOn(), trigger.action.setGroupAIOff(), trigger.action.groupStopMoving(),trigger.action.groupContinueMoving().

StopRoute AI Command was added.

Simplified function documentation:

trigger.action.activateGroup()

trigger.action.deactivateGroup()

trigger.action.setGroupAIOn()

trigger.action.setGroupAIOff()

trigger.action.groupStopMoving()

trigger.action.groupContinueMoving()

These are all scripting engine versions of the relevant trigger actions. Each accepts a group table and some of them are already accessible to the group class. For example:

trigger.action.activateGroup(Group.getByName('myGroup')) is the same as:

Group.getByName('myGroup'):activate()

AI.skill enum is simply a table of skill constants

AI.Skill = {
  AVERAGE,
  GOOD,
  HIGH,
  EXCELLENT,
  PLAYER,
  CLIENT
}

Controller.setOnOff(Controller self, boolean value)

Sets the AI on or off based on the value passed. ONLY works on ground and naval groups.

Unit.getDescByName(TypeName typeName)

Returns the description of the related type name.

The follow is a copy/paste of the detection entry.

Conroller.Detection = {
  VISUAL,
  OPTIC,
  RADAR,
  IRST,
  RWR,
  DLINK
}

function 
    boolean detected,
    boolean visible,
    ModelTime lastTime,
    Vec3 lastPos,
    Vec3 lastVel
                    Controller.isTargetDetected(Controller self,
                                                Object target,
                                                [Conroller.Detection detection1,
                                                 Conroller.Detection detection2,
                                                 Conroller.DetectionN] or nil) 

checks if the target is detected or not. If one or more detection method is specified the function will return true if the target is detected by at least one of these methods. If no detection methods are specified the function will return true if the target is detected by any method.

*target
Target to check.
*detection1 - detectionN
Detection methods of interest.
Return values:
*detected
True if the target is detected.
*visible
Has effect only if detected is true. True if the target is visible now.
*lastTime
Has effect only if visible is false. Last time when target was seen.
*lastPos
Has effect only if visible is false. Last position of the target when it was seen.
*lastVel
Has effect only if visible is false. Last velocity of the target when it was seen.

edit.

Also Group.getSize() returns the current size of the group, NOT the initial size as stated in the documentation. An initial size related function should be added in a future patch.

Edited by Grimes

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

AI on/off, ok, that's great! :)

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Group Activate Problems

Since 1.25 some of my triggers in the latest build of Rotar Head are not working. The one that is driving me made is Group Activate. I cannot get the COLT AH1 group to spawn anymore on late activation. Trigger is called Spawn Cobras. Can someone please look at this and see if they can figure it out.

Thanks

Rotor Head Multi Player rev.2.0.miz

• 1 month later...

Since I couldn´t find any further documentation concerning these functions in the WIKI I am just asking here...

Would this be the right Snytax for the "Controller.isTargetDetected()" function?

lcoal possibleblueintruder = Unit.getByName('testintruder')
      local redEWRgroup = Group.getByName('testEWR')
      local redEWRgroupcontroller = redEWRgroup:getController()
      possibleblueintrudergroupdetected = Controller.isTargetDetected(redEWRgroupcontroller, possibleblueintruder, [Conroller.Detection.RADAR])

I want possibleblueintrudergroupdetected to be a boolean, which returns true if the unit with the name "testintruder" is detected by the radar of the group "testEWR".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

After some testing I finally found the right syntax. For all the clueless scripters like me, here an Example that works:

--EWR unit to be named 'testEWR'
--Unit to be detected named 'testintruder'
 function checkifunitdetected()
                             possibleblueintrudergroupdetected = false
                           local possibleblueintruder = Unit.getByName('testintruder')
                           local redEWRgroup = Group.getByName('testEWR')
                             possibleblueintrudergroupdetected =  Controller.isTargetDetected(redEWRgroupcontroller, possibleblueintruder,  RADAR)                            

if possibleblueintrudergroupdetected == true
       then
           trigger.action.outText("Intruder detected", 2)
   elseif possibleblueintrudergroupdetected == false
       then
           trigger.action.outText("Intruder NOT detected", 2)
   end

return timer.getTime() + 5            
end
timer.scheduleFunction(checkifunitdetected, nil, timer.getTime() + 2)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

Interesting!

as typed above your script simply create the output messages if anything is detected by EWR unit, correct?

Do you think it's possible to add a polygon zone of detection (or simply range) limit to simulate effective intrusion in predefined boundaries (one EWR provide alert on enemy in air with messaging, another trigger the response)?

ChromiumDis.png

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Yes, I just wrote this to test, how the function works. You can replace the "trigger.outTest" with anything else, which shall happen when the unit is detected.

I want to use the detect-funciton for a dynamic CAP/INTERCEPT script, I am currently working on. This script shall spawn or task free interceptors to engage the planes entering the polygon area and which are detected by the EWR radars.

So far it works (surprisingly), but I still have to send the interceptors back to base after the intruder leaves the polygon area or is shot down. The spawned interceptors go rampage across the map otherwise after they have completed their task.

To combine the detect-function with the polygon this would be an example which works for me:

This creates points for the border:

bluebordergroupname = 'blueborder' -- Name of group which waypoints define the blue border
blueborderline =  mist.getGroupPoints(bluebordergroupname) --table of points defining blue borderline
blueborderlinevec3 = {}
   for r = 1, #blueborderline
   do
       blueborderlinevec3[#blueborderlinevec3 + 1] = 
       {
       z = blueborderline[r].y,
       x = blueborderline[r].x,
       y = land.getHeight({x = blueborderline[r].x, y = blueborderline[r].y})
       }
       --trigger.action.smoke({x=blueborderline[r].x, y=land.getHeight({x = blueborderline[r].x, y = blueborderline[r].y}), z=blueborderline[r].y}, trigger.smokeColor.Green)--check smoke
       --trigger.action.smoke({x=blueborderlinevec3[r].x, y=land.getHeight({x = blueborderlinevec3[r].x, y = blueborderlinevec3[r].z}), z=blueborderlinevec3[r].z}, trigger.smokeColor.Red)--check smoke
   end

And with this you check the units inside this polygon:

blueborderviolationcheck = mist.pointInPolygon(possibleredintruderpos3, blueborderlinevec3)

if blueborderviolationcheck == true and intrudergroupdetected == true
                           then

Edited by SNAFU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

Hi all, using MIST and the AI on/off scripting function I found an easy way to deactivate or set AI Off all the groups that have a particoular tag in their name.

For example, given that in my scenery all te groups that belong to Abkhazia country coded with a name that contain "Abh" as a tag (i.e. "Abh_STR_Gudauta armybase"), I prepared a first script that create some global variables such as:

--BLUE FACTION FILTER

Russia_OUT_Scenery = false

Russia_AI_Off = true

Georgia_OUT_Scenery = false

Georgia_AI_Off = true

USA_OUT_Scenery = false

USA_AI_Off = true

Italy_OUT_Scenery = true

Italy_AI_Off = true

Ossetia_OUT_Scenery = true

Ossetia_AI_Off = true

--RED FACTION FILTER

Circassia_OUT_Scenery = true

Circassia_AI_Off = true

KarachayCherkessia_OUT_Scenery = false

KarachayCherkessia_AI_Off = true

KabardinoBalkaria_OUT_Scenery = true

KabardinoBalkaria_AI_Off = true

Ingushetia_OUT_Scenery = true

Ingushetia_AI_Off = true

Abkhazia_OUT_Scenery = true

Abkhazia_AI_Off = true

than, to execute the filter I have a script that effectively contains a series of chunk like this:

--Abkhazia units type "ABh" tag

if Abkhazia_OUT_Scenery then

local groupName

local groupData

local group_tag = "ABh"

for groupName, groupData in pairs(mist.DBs.groupsByName) do --List of groups by name

if string.find(groupName,group_tag) then --searches for prefix within group names

local grp = Group.getByName(groupName)

if grp then

trigger.action.deactivateGroup(grp)

else

env.info(groupName)

end

end

end

end

if Abkhazia_AI_Off then

local groupName

local groupData

local group_tag = "ABh"

for groupName, groupData in pairs(mist.DBs.groupsByName) do --List of groups by name

if string.find(groupName,group_tag) then --searches for prefix within group names

local grp = Group.getByName(groupName)

if grp then

trigger.action.setGroupAIOff(grp)

else

env.info(groupName)

end

end

end

end

My question:

is there a way to deactivate (not AI off) all the static structures that have the tag "Abh"?

(enourmus credit to one of mine squadron mate that know some lua)

ChromiumDis.png

After some testing I finally found the right syntax. For all the clueless scripters like me, here an Example that works:

[font=Verdana]--EWR unit to be named 'testEWR'[/font]
[font=Verdana]--Unit to be detected named 'testintruder'[/font]
[font=Verdana] function checkifunitdetected()[/font]
[font=Verdana]                             possibleblueintrudergroupdetected = false[/font]
[font=Verdana]                           local possibleblueintruder = Unit.getByName('testintruder')[/font]
[font=Verdana]                           local redEWRgroup = Group.getByName('testEWR')[/font]
[font=Verdana]                           local redEWRgroupcontroller = redEWRgroup:getController()[/font]
[font=Verdana]                             possibleblueintrudergroupdetected =  Controller.isTargetDetected(redEWRgroupcontroller, possibleblueintruder,  RADAR)                            [/font]

[font=Verdana]   if possibleblueintrudergroupdetected == true[/font]
[font=Verdana]       then[/font]
[font=Verdana]           trigger.action.outText("Intruder detected", 2)[/font]
[font=Verdana]   elseif possibleblueintrudergroupdetected == false[/font]
[font=Verdana]       then[/font]
[font=Verdana]           trigger.action.outText("Intruder NOT detected", 2)[/font]
[font=Verdana]   end[/font]

[font=Verdana]return timer.getTime() + 5            [/font]
[font=Verdana]end[/font]
[font=Verdana]timer.scheduleFunction(checkifunitdetected, nil, timer.getTime() + 2)[/font]

Hi all,

do you think that this function would work also if there are multiple groups from each side (groups that works as EWR and groups that works as Intruder)?

I'm trying to understand if it's a good effort to try to include a groupname table instead of a unit name, to make the script valid for my purposes.

thanks in advance

ChromiumDis.png

Should be possible. Here is the function I use to define the "detectors". I use the type of the unit to define all "red" units of the type "55G6 EWR" or "1L13 EWR" as "detectors":

-- lists all red EWR groups in a table
local function getallredEWR()--ok

local RedEWRtable = nil
   local RedEWRtable= {}
   local RedEWRtable = {'[red]'}
   local allredEWRstart = nil
   local allredEWRstart = {}
   local allredEWRstart = mist.makeUnitTable(RedEWRtable)
   allredEWRunits = nil
   allredEWRunits = {}
   for a = 1, #allredEWRstart
   do
       local possibleredEWRunit = Unit.getByName(allredEWRstart[a])
       local possibleredEWRunittype =  Unit.getTypeName(possibleredEWRunit)
       if possibleredEWRunittype == "55G6 EWR" or possibleredEWRunittype == "1L13 EWR" --or possibleredEWRunittype == "A-50"
           then
           local RedEWRgroup = Unit.getGroup(possibleredEWRunit)    
           allredEWRunits[#allredEWRunits + 1] =
                   {
                   group = RedEWRgroup
                   }
       end
   end
   local allredEWRunitsTable = mist.utils.tableShow(allredEWRunits)    
   --trigger.action.outText("Red EWR on map table:" ..allredEWRunitsTable, 5)--ok
return timer.getTime() + 60, allredEWRunits
end
timer.scheduleFunction(getallredEWR, nil, timer.getTime() + 15)

This regularly creates a table of in which all groups are listed, which act as EWR "detectors".

Then I use the following lines with the function:

blueintrudergroupdetected = false
                      if #allredEWRunits > 0 
                           then
                               for j = 1, #allredEWRunits
                               do
                                   local possibleblueintruder = Unit.getByName(allblueairunits[i].name)--table of all blue units of type airplane and helicopter
                                   local redEWRgroup = allredEWRunits[j].group
                                   blueintrudergroupdetected = Controller.isTargetDetected(redEWRgroupcontroller, possibleblueintruder, RADAR)

end
                       end

This sets the boolean "blueintrudergroupdetected" to true and you can use it for other parts...

When I finished the script to a reasonable degree (I know, they are never finished) I will post it here, so you can see how I tried it. ;) (So far it works, still some issues with interceptors going crazy...)

Note that Controller.isTargetDetected - function does not seem to work with AWACS units. It only works with ground radar, don´t ask me why...

Edited by SNAFU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

units_LOS should do the same more or less. I just like the idea that that RCS, RWR and if sensor activated is coupled to this and you can define the type of sensor used, not only straight line.

PS: units_LOS might be a good workaround to simulate AWACS radars, which I didn´t get to function. But you need to know the detecting range of AWACS types...

Edited by SNAFU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite