EZ42 PowerSwitch Bug

Aeons

Are you sure its the power switch and not the switch for the gyro-sight? They updated it so you could lock the gyro as it is in the actual sight.

it is the power switch but you are right, when U turn the power switch off it locks the gyro.

Maybe I have assigned the wrong key to my joystick?

Does this mean that the EZ42 cant be switched off in flight?.

It was always on, only when the V24 fuse-switch was deactivated it was "OFF"

Is this right?

S!

You can use the fuse switch to tun the sight on/off and the switch on the sight to turn gyros on/off (handy if you need a fixed sight).

Edited by ZaltysZ

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

You can use the fuse switch to tun the sight on/off and the switch on the sight to turn gyros on/off (handy if you need a fixed sight).

Normal procedure for switch off EZ42 was to use brightness lever to switch of light circuit . With V24 switch you will also switch off cockpit electrical equipment (cockpit lights....). REVI 16 was using same procedure for switch off. It was needed only to prolong life time of bulb (big temperatures, high G are really bad environment for bulb).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Building FW190D pit ,,To Dora with love" http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=132743

Normal procedure for switch off EZ42 was to use brightness lever to switch of light circuit . With V24 switch you will also switch off cockpit electrical equipment (cockpit lights....). REVI 16 was using same procedure for switch off. It was needed only to prolong life time of bulb (big temperatures, high G are really bad environment for bulb).

Thats interesting, i thought about this option but was not sure if this was the way to "swith it off" the gunsight.

Great info:thumbup:

Hello guys.

I am quite new on this board, I fly almost exclusively ww2 simulators. I have couple of other DCS module too, but the WW2 is my true passion. :pilotfly:

I write here now, because I ran into a question, what I can not find the answer, I hope someone can help in this.

I know, the EZ42 need 1.5 min. to rev up the gyro units. If I switch OFF the gyro mode, the mirror return to default position. This is written in the original RL manual. My question is what happen with the gyro units? They are begin to slow down? The practical question is: if I switch off the gyro unit during fight, how can I switch it ON again? Should I wait another 1.5 min, or it depends how much earlier switched it off (It would be the most likely answer in RL), or don't have to wait at all?

Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

Intel i7 7700K 4.45GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3GHz | MSI Z270 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8GB | TrackIR 4 Pro | Logitech G940 | Samsung Odyssey + HMD

Hello guys.

I am quite new on this board, I fly almost exclusively ww2 simulators. I have couple of other DCS module too, but the WW2 is my true passion. :pilotfly:

I write here now, because I ran into a question, what I can not find the answer, I hope someone can help in this.

I know, the EZ42 need 1.5 min. to rev up the gyro units. If I switch OFF the gyro mode, the mirror return to default position. This is written in the original RL manual. My question is what happen with the gyro units? They are begin to slow down? The practical question is: if I switch off the gyro unit during fight, how can I switch it ON again? Should I wait another 1.5 min, or it depends how much earlier switched it off (It would be the most likely answer in RL), or don't have to wait at all?

Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

Hi good question. Regarding to schematic what I have posted earlier with switch on Revi you are only disconnecting gyros from servo motors of mirror. The 1.5 min is only valid if you switch off general switch (V24), because then you switch off GDU I and GDU II (DC/AC converters what are supplying the both gyroscopes).

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=102422&d=1407509910

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Building FW190D pit ,,To Dora with love" http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=132743

Hi good question. Regarding to schematic what I have posted earlier with switch on Revi you are only disconnecting gyros from servo motors of mirror. The 1.5 min is only valid if you switch off general switch (V24), because then you switch off GDU I and GDU II (DC/AC converters what are supplying the both gyroscopes).

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=102422&d=1407509910

Hi.

Thank you. :thumbup: I have this manual, but I could not identify these switches...

Intel i7 7700K 4.45GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3GHz | MSI Z270 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8GB | TrackIR 4 Pro | Logitech G940 | Samsung Odyssey + HMD

Does this mean that the EZ42 cant be switched off in flight?.

It was always on, only when the V24 fuse-switch was deactivated it was "OFF"

Is this right?

S!

Almost always, for me, 1st thing that goes suffering battle damage, the gun sight goes out blank. Sometimes I still have the guns, sometimes not. The sight goes out soon enough!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]