VAB and T-62M

Grimes

So a while back (2009) I was interested in becoming a 3d artist. For one of my (rather open ended) school projects I decided to make some art assets and try to import them into Black Shark. I had even contacted Wags to see what models they might have been interested in. So I got to work on the T-62M and French VAB APC. I basically finished both to the point for completion of the assignment, but I never reached the goal of getting the models into DCS. Considering the amount of model packs people have been working on, I thought I might be able to assist. However I don't have the time or interest to get either of these models working in DCS. But they have been sitting on my hard-drive long enough, so I thought I might as well share them in case someone wants to use them.

Both were modeled in the Black Shark 1 era, so they are quite conservative on the poly count compared to some of the newer land vehicles.

Consider these models free to use. If you do modify them and release them, all I ask is to be given credit for the original content if any of it is re-used. Also if the T-62M is worked on, I'd like to be one of the first to go on an A-10C gunrun against it. :thumbup:

Included in both files are: reference images, texture files, UVW files, 1 model without UVW, 1 with UVW and textures applied. It should be enough to get working on the files, but if there are issues let me know.

I2JtnK0.jpg

T-62M Files

Note: I may have borrowed the tire textures from the LAV-25 in DCS. You may need to replace that with your own. :music_whistling:

TF3VbLO.jpg

VAB APC Files

Cheers. :)

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Dragon, I'm not going to be modeling anything else. These models are from '09, I'm simply giving them away if anyone wants to get them working in DCS.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 1 month later...
it is possible use the 9K118 Sheksna missile in this T-62M model??

As Grimes wrote these models are not complete, so it depends on the person who's going to finish them.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• 4 months later...