X-55 Ministick Issues

I got an x-55 a couple of days ago and had been testing a few profiles with the hope of using the ministick for slewing. I'm finding that the stick responds with erroneous Axis inputs. So for example I push up and it goes nowhere I push left and it goes down. I've double checked my mappings but this looks like a problem with the unit.

Do you X-55 owners here even use the ministick ? What is everyone using for slewing if not ?

Thanks for sharing this.I really do think I may have a hardware issue though. The stick still gives inputs i'm not quite expecting and while tweaking I just got a BSOD referencing a saitek driver. Not good. Been a disappointment thus far.

Yeah - the mini stick feels a bit weird even if it´s working.

Haven´t fiddled with it any further though yet.

Haven´t had any BSOD yet with the software or driver but then I´m only using it when I´m using the A-10 profile.

So far I´ve configured all other planes in DCS itself.

I´m using software version 7.0.33.91 and the driver version 7.0.32.81 and my OS is Win 8.1 x64

On that topic, my mouse nipple on the throttle seems to take half a second to start moving. ANybody else have that?

Dale

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

With the mouse nipple, sometimes I find it is just as simple as how I have my hand placed on the throttle. If I have my wrist higher up, then the orientation of what is up/down/left/right changes slightly, often enough to change what direction I am actually pushing the nipple - up would become more right, if you know what I mean... Try it with your hand and look at the direction your thumb moves when you move it "up" both with your wrist high and low. Then again, maybe it's only me...

If I keep my wrist down, cupping the throttle more with my hand, I find I get the most consistent input - though I do find it still sometimes goes on an angle when I want it straight.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Hey guys, I didn't have time after work to check out the nipple slew speed but I will check it out tomorrow.

For those of you looking for a profile that allows the use of the mouse nipple I use Shein's x-55 Rhino Profile for A-10C. Keep in mind you have to use his keyboard layout, stick and throttle pros too. It comes with the DCS profiles and the MadKatz H.U.D. profile for the x-55.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=120911

The mouse nipple on the X-55 is just plain garbage, I have not talked to anyone who had one that functioned well, I myself am looking into finding a replacement nipple switch for it that actually works properly and will fit.

FX-8320 8Gb R9-280 X-55 Opentrack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I myself am looking into finding a replacement nipple switch for it that actually works properly and will fit.

The switch is not straight forward as there is resistance between BOTH on/off as measured with a FLUKE. And are not commoned like most 4 way switches. I will be posting a mod for the X-55 in a new thread which works for me. It works reliably as a directional switch but not as the proportional mouse of course. (Should take a week or two to get the photos on the steps involved. Applying the mod to a new unit from scratch.)

MADCATZ only scratched the surface on the capabilities of the chip they used for this controller. :doh: