F-15C Auto Pilot Pitch Issues

pr1malr8ge

In the Upper flight levels the f15 has some uncommanded pitch movement.

It seems that when I am above 40,000ft that the nose at times will be twitchy. A slight movement in the stick and nose will move 5-10* rapidly. It's not a fluid movement. It is a jerk. the nose will move faster then what I could physicaly deflect the stick if I was to try to replicate it myself

I will get some tracks of this later since I am at work.

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.

I just learned there is another light addon for the f15. might I ask COF if that is what turns on the two lights in the wingroots which used to be turned on when activating the gear light? If not then this would be another bug.

To add to this pitch issue. The Autopilot alt hold when turned off also seems to agitate the issue.

Now that I think of it. It might actually be only when I have autopilot on when this happens. Either ATT or ATT&ALT hold. Might it be when I move the stick slightly it disengages the AP and a rapid reset of the control surfaces to last trim position is causing this?

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.

I just learned there is another light addon for the f15. might I ask COF if that is what turns on the two lights in the wingroots which used to be turned on when activating the gear light? If not then this would be another bug.

It is - now with flashin'! RCtrl+RAlt+L

To add to this pitch issue. The Autopilot alt hold when turned off also seems to agitate the issue.

Now that I think of it. It might actually be only when I have autopilot on when this happens. Either ATT or ATT&ALT hold. Might it be when I move the stick slightly it disengages the AP and a rapid reset of the control surfaces to last trim position is causing this?

I've seen this too, and think it's ATT hold or ALT hold related, but can't seem to reproduce right now. Autopilot engage / disengage does seem "surprisingly" jerky, even when it's temporary - pitch input with ALT hold on in particular.

Edited by Shmick

I tried replicating the issue tonight but was unsuccessful [atleast not to the severity it was before it was only a few *of pitch today]and the tracks I had before would not replay.. Once issue pops up again I will post tracks. How ever I did download the hotpatch before I tried today. Last night it was happening quite often.

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Those are anti collision lights and are not connected to landing or taxi lights. Located on wing roots and one vertical stabilizer. They should also be blinking and not steady. So it seems the are now working like they do IRL.

Have a look here:

http://www.f-15e.info/joomla/technology/miscellaneous/103-exterior-lighting

Nice work cofcorpse!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

speaking of lights - the landing light doesn't turn off when the gear are retracted

start a night mission, fly near the ground and roll inverted - the light will shine "through" the aircraft and illuminate the terrain

it gives away your position - i know because when i see that light, i know what its from...

Edited by SDsc0rch

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried replicating the issue tonight but was unsuccessful [atleast not to the severity it was before it was only a few *of pitch today]and the tracks I had before would not replay.. Once issue pops up again I will post tracks. How ever I did download the hotpatch before I tried today. Last night it was happening quite often.

It still happens for me. Try recreating these conditions:

-Trim the aircraft to 1.0G in level flight at 37kft

-Engage ATT hold at a speed > Mach 0.95

-Apply forward stick to 0.5G. Be very careful not to go decrease acceleration below 0.0G.

-Gradually return the stick to neutral

-Now gently apply aft stick until 2.0G.

This is when the problem occurs for me. Pitch response is very sluggish, and suddenly the AOA will slice negative as ATT hold disengages and pitch trim goes to the forward limit.

Edit:

Tested again last night. The problem is exacerbated with rudder input and ATT hold on. I will upload a track and FDRR plot once I'm off work.

Edited by SinusoidDelta

It still happens for me. Try recreating these conditions:

-Trim the aircraft to 1.0G in level flight at 37kft

-Engage ATT hold at a speed > Mach 0.95

-Apply forward stick to 0.5G. Be very careful not to go decrease acceleration below 0.0G.

-Gradually return the stick to neutral

-Now gently apply aft stick until 2.0G.

This is when the problem occurs for me. Pitch response is very sluggish, and suddenly the AOA will slice negative as ATT hold disengages and pitch trim goes to the forward limit.

Edit:

Tested again last night. The problem is exacerbated with rudder input and ATT hold on. I will upload a track and FDRR plot once I'm off work.

Sinus can you post a track of that so I can verify we are having the exact same issue..

I havent had the issue repete it self as of late and I didn't get a chance to try what you said. Will try tonight when I get on but would like your track if at all possible to compare.

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry for the delay. Here is the .trk: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4xtep8xfcjkac6j/client-20151004-223202.trk?dl=0

Here is the acmi. (I use the Tacview beta which may not work with the current RC) Skip to 14:00 minute mark and the ATT hold malfunction occurs at 14:25. https://www.dropbox.com/s/2qb1kz3291sgt8p/Tacview-20151005-002829-DCS.acmi?dl=0

Below are telemetry plots to provide more detail on the issue

XTUhzYVl.jpg

Edited by SinusoidDelta
Broken image link
  • Like 1

Sorry, I forgot to let you guys know and you went and did all this work :)

AP problem is reported and I'm certain cofcorpse will be looking into it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Sorry, I forgot to let you guys know and you went and did all this work :)

AP problem is reported and I'm certain cofcorpse will be looking into it.

Thanks for the update. There's more where that came from :thumbup:

Is this the proper sub forum for submitting or tracking bug reports related to the F-15 FM?