Gun Arm Switch

Zeus67

Folks, the title says it all. We have implemented a gun arm switch. Originally this switch was in the stick and as such there was no realistic way for us to make it operational so we skipped its implementation, although we left the code ready in case we had to. Well, later on we were told that for the RDI version, the switch was moved from the stick to the Left Instrument panel and as of now we have included it.

Gun%20Arm%20Switch_zpsglo0l00r.png

It is easy to miss, unless you know it is there.

From this time onwards, if you need the guns to work you must click this switch to the ARMED position. Otherwise you will get a nasty surprise when you try to fire the guns and nothing happens, just like me during one of my test flights. :pilotfly:

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Thanks for the update Zeus. Can we "disable" this function and stay with the master arm switch ?

Exo7

Hmm why disable it if it's in the real aircraft?

Do the guns fire with gun arm on but master arm off?

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Hmm why disable it if it's in the real aircraft?

Does the gun fire with gun arm on but master arm off?

Not at this time. Master arm must be on as well. That can change if we get any information regarding that point.

The arm switch was in cockpit at all times, but as I said, originally it was located in the stick where you cannot click it. So we tied the gun arm to the master arm and when you put master arm to ARMED, the gun arm switch also moved to that position.

Now they are independent of each other.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

The RDM Gun Arm switch

gun%20arm%20switch%20old_zpsgru0m118.jpg

As I see the pictures in the first post I have a question.

What is that round-black-yellow-pull-thingie?

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

I don't see a gun arm binding in the keyboard or joystick input lua. Is there a command we can add manually?

Edit: also, I would've expected there to be some kind of HUD indication when guns are selected, master arm is on, but gun arm is off. Probably the CAN symbology blinking, in the same way the other weapon symbology blinks when master arm is off?

Edited by nomdeplume

Emergency landing gear lever.

I don't see a gun arm binding in the keyboard or joystick input lua. Is there a command we can add manually?

Not yet. Sorry. I'll see if we can give you the code line to add to your keyboard default.lua file.

Edit: also, I would've expected there to be some kind of HUD indication when guns are selected, master arm is on, but gun arm is off. Probably the CAN symbology blinking, in the same way the other weapon symbology blinks when master arm is off?

No that we now off. CAN only appears when the master arm is on and no weapon is selected in the PCA because the guns are the default weapon. So no blinking.

Gun Arm Switch

Why would you want it disabled? Lets go for less realism :S

Because for simpiters with a real M2000 stick, there is no possibilty to monitor the position of the trigger security... So Master arm only is better for me... So if its not possible to disable it, i will find an another way by programning this new button with the master arm switch..

Edited by Exo7

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not this one ... It's the one on top of this one...

This shown in the pic, is the magic search button...

You are correct, but it still illustrates the problem with enabling it in the first iteration.

Emergency landing gear lever.

Thank you :)

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

But why aren`t the Mirage changes mentioned in the general dcs update section? (the one by chizh). Find it funny that I gotta find this update as a "surprise" when ingame.... Imagine doing it like so for each and every module;

#1 launch module, find out that there are changes

#2 launch module, find out that there are changes

#3 launch module, find out that there are changes

#4 launch module, find out that there are changes

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But why aren`t the Mirage changes mentioned in the general dcs update section? (the one by chizh). Find it funny that I gotta find this update as a "surprise" when ingame.... Imagine doing it like so for each and every module;

#1 launch module, find out that there are changes

#2 launch module, find out that there are changes

#3 launch module, find out that there are changes

#4 launch module, find out that there are changes

Because we keep working on the aircraft right up to the last minute of the release cutoff and don't have time/are too tired to send the changelog. :(

Because we keep working on the aircraft right up to the last minute of the release cutoff and don't have time/are too tired to send the changelog. :(

Don`t misunderstand me Zeus, with all due respect, I love what you guys are doing, I simply find it a little, well, frustraiting to find out about updates in this way... Imagine, I go into a fight, and suddenly without knowing that mechanics have changed/been improved, I find it out the hard way... Simply saying that in such a case, even a generic update in the main changelog could be like so: "new changes, check our subforum", or really anything to give me a indication that the changes are in place...

And while we are at it, thx for the update, loving it :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well since there have been tons of changes in almost every patch since beta release I guess one can almost expect them to happen in the future. ;)

There was a changelog posted here in the subforum. Obviously it's not as visible as it would be in the main announcement, but it's there.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Well since there have been tons of changes in almost every patch since beta release I guess one can almost expect them to happen in the future. ;)

There was a changelog posted here in the subforum. Obviously it's not as visible as it would be in the main announcement, but it's there.

Spid, that is irrelevant, regardless of how many, and the magnitude of the changes, one has to know what is being changed, otherwise it would be a painful process to find out that the INS for instance still doesn`t work, or what functions of it work. Now that comm is formidable here, but the announcement not so much. Regardless, I fully understand that there is stress and deadlines involved, which is why I only mention it as a tip, so that it hopefully doesn`t develop into a habit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great development. Can´t wait for the INU/INS and, in the long term, the AG mode for the RDI radar.

In the long run, after the radar and INS, it could be great to have an animated HOTAS with clicable switches and buttons like in the L-39, F-86 and others. Great for export variables in order to make custom cockpits.

Thanks for your job.