Ho to activate Nellis AFB BAK-12 arresting gear?

Is there any way to activate BAK-12 arresting system on the RWY?

From what I know, BAK is activated on both runways at Nellis AFB and you need to give 30 minutes notice (in emergency one end can be prepped in 20 minutes though) to have this removed... Now, in DCS it is other way around, graphical representation is there but the cable is stowed and I am wondering if it is controllable somehow.

What I am thinking of is emergency landings and also for training with the aircraft equipped with an arresting hook (to be introduced at some point to DCS).

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

You were just sitting there to answer my question, were you not BIGNEWY? :)

Thanks!

Do you know if it is planned at all?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• ED Team

It has been asked for by the public and internally, we will just have to wait for ED to decide.

It would seem to me to be low priority at the moment they are very busy. :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't be that idea for training for carrier ops, the runway barrier doesn't stop aircraft like seen on a carrier. It allows for the aircraft to slowly roll out, and gradually come to a stop.

However, would still be nice to have for when the DCS Viper comes and we have landing gear malfunctions. :music_whistling:

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

• 9 months later...

Just checking in

It has been asked for by the public and internally, we will just have to wait for ED to decide.

It would seem to me to be low priority at the moment they are very busy. :)

Hey Bignewy, would you say this topic was somehow discussed since F-18C and F-14 are in progress?

I would imagine it could add a lot to DCS before carriers are ready..

• 2 years later...

And with working Viper emergency hook incoming...