F-14 Checklist / Reference Guide

Below Average

The attached checklist was made using a template I have used to fly with in real life. The flow was generated from a mix of NATOPS and Heatblur manual data and logic. It also contains a lot of reference data that can help if you haven't flown the Cat for a bit or switch between TMS (type, model, series) frequently. If something doesn't make sense or you would like to see something added/changed please let me know.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hMS9UmKIl4bn1q1L76AVZdFsAkEy03wn/view?usp=drivesdk

Notes:

My timeline tactics are broken up into three flows.

Flow 1: Long range shots. Max R to 40 NM using high altitude, high airspeed and proper loft mechanics to increase kinetics and bring Pk above 0. Pk maybe low but its worth shooting one missile to put your adversary on the defense, if they choose to not defend then Pk goes up drastically.

Flow 2: Medium range or reattacks. 40 NM to 16NM. Shooting from pure (nose on) or a crank. This is based on whether your outside 30nm when you turn hot. When turning out at 16nm (MSE) be 180s out by 16 NMs.

Flow 3: 16NMs to the merge. Shot something, notch to the merge, use PAL and make the merge with 400-450 KCAS with a good game plan.

Threat missile is the R-27ER.

I am aware of the Probably of kill study that was done recently, it is great stuff. However I believe you can get more out of the AIM-54 if you get the kinetics right.

Shout out to Carterlulay who helped me create this guide.

Edited by Below Average

Checkout my awesome F-14B Checklist / Reference guide.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=248885

Indeed, very nice. thanks for sharing!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

That´s great! Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Appreciated, sir!

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle