Wishlist for Iconic planes and planes are perfect enemy for module we have

J-20

Wishlist for Iconic planes and planes are perfect enemy for module we have  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Wishlist for Iconic planes and planes are perfect enemy for module we have

Hi guys. At the moment, most of the module makers for DCS love to go after the best variant of a particular plane. But there are many iconic variants than just the best ones. For example, MiG-21bis was the best MiG-21 variant (modern renovation models do NOT count). But it you really looking into it, MiG-21PFM was probably most iconic model as it fought through out the Vietnam war, while bis, I am not sure which major conflict did it go through.

Since some team have made 2 variants of FW-190, I don't see why there would be any problem to do the same for other planes.

The second issue is that sometime when a team of developers develops a module, they don't give us or don't plan to give us a proper match opponent for it. For example, the MiG-19 has not a proper enemy to match. That is why I have made this post to bring awareness to module developers, that you can made more money if you sell us both screw and the screw cap together instead of selling only one of them. And if one team made a plane without a proper enemy, you can get a lot of sells if you make the proper opponent for it. :thumbup:

I have listed some potential planes grouped into Soviet, US and EU (Chinese ones not listed here since so far the only module maker can get enough data for them is the Deka team). The 3rd gen fighters like MiG-23, F-4 and Mirage F1 are not included, because I heard there are teams who are making it as we speak.

Please take a look and vote ones you like, so module makers know where the money is :)

Please leave a comment about your thoughts in this.

And if you are interested in Chinese planes, please come to this link to vote too. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=249861

MtNbFAM.png

F-100

hun_title.jpg

F-86K

North_American_F-86D_%28722%29.jpg

Mystère IV

51082_T-1.jpg

J-5A

KgbZrZv.png

MiG-21PFM

1772120.jpg&key=6567ceeb7a3edd0fef333dcc9d0ce2f166b838e0d5f3a202e141f150773f7da1

F-104

E83%20%281%29.jpg?itok=QJL7lF_V

Edited by J-20

Where's Su-27 and Mig-29?

While I think both (but especially the MiG-29A) are sorely missed, as well as should be fine to model based on the widely available information, I think those are not the topic of this thread.

Topic of the thread are iconic / classic planes.

I voted for:

- MiG-17: Very widely used aircraft and used for an extremely long time, making it useful for a wide range of scenario's

- Mirage IIIE: The same

- F-5A: The same

Coincidentally, I also think those planes can be a lot of fun to fly.

The other aircraft were not that widely used, not for that long of a period.

I'm doubting about the F-104, but didn't vote for it because I think it would not be that much fun to fly. I'd still probably buy it if it became available.

The other three, instant buys for me.

The MiG-21PFM is, I think, not that different from the bis. I think the bis was a better choice to model.

If one were to develop another MiG-21, I'd vote for the Chengdu J-7. But which version??

Edited by Zius

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

While the MiG-21PFM was the most used variant during the Vietnam war, maybe a MiG-21F-13 would put in more historical relevance due to it beeing the first variant put in widespread use. To add, it would be most different from the MiG-21bis we have now.

By the way, the picture you have posted is not the PFM variant from Vietnam, but a domestically modified East German version based on the PF.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All of the above!

I love the early Cold war era, up to the 80´s.

I still don´t know why every developer goes to ultra complicated and system rich modern planes when they could do maybe on 70s a year ADN since systems are all similar and simple, they would not be hard to keep up with the core game changes and updates.

Give us more analog jets!

P.S. Include Fiat!!! its an iconic Plane too!

Edited by Baco
ps.