enbseries HDR mod

crazysundog

Thought I'd better bring this over from the LockOn Mod discussion, as it applies more in here.

I've got the enbseries HDR mod working in BS; with a 5-10 fps hit, keep in mind.

Here some video to show the benefits.

I generally keep the bloom low, but this mod does a really good job at adding colour and contrast, I think I'll always keep it on.

• Like 1

Thought I'd better bring this over from the LockOn Mod discussion, as it applies more in here.

I've got the enbseries HDR mod working in BS; with a 5-10 fps hit, keep in mind.

Here some video to show the benefits.

I generally keep the bloom low, but this mod does a really good job at adding colour and contrast, I think I'll always keep it on.

Would you please be so kind as to post an Installation Guide - Various attempts at installation on my end has ended in failure.

Ta :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Guide to Installing the 'enbseries HDR' mod.

by: CrazySunDog

Disclaimer: I am not a programmer; I am not a modder; The following guide is the extent of my modding experience.

Please back up all files that you plan to alter, if nothing else it is a quick way to reverse what error's you've just caused.

You will need: enbseries gtasa v0074f; ...I will give you a link shortly...

Steps:

1. Download this file, save it in a folder away from blackshark. (Tip for newbies like myself: Extract this folder wherever you want, and take a good look at what is included in the download. If nothing else; peruse the readme.)

2. Extract the zip into the Eagle Dynamics/Ka-50/bin/stable folder. It will add a couple of different files, not all you use. The key is that the file named d3d9.dll is here. (if you want to disable the mod, remove this file; drag it to desktop or whatever, and replace it to activate mod again)

3. Close all windows, and start DCS:BS. Once started, forget it; exit out of Black Shark. The purpose of this is so that the file named 'enbseries.ini' could be created in the right directory. You will find it in Eagle Dynamics/Ka-50. This will be the file you mod with your own values, or replace with someone else's enbseries.ini file. I will provide you with mine to start you off with my preferences if you wish to use them.

4. Start Black Shark for real this time. Depending on which download you get, the mod may or may not be activated when you first start your mission. If it is not, press shift-F12 to activate.

This is where you are on your own. Any more advise from me would be based on my own conceptions, good or bad. My biggest suggestion is read the readme. and play around with a few settings. If you do not decide to use my enbseries.ini, then I suggest starting by disabling everything but the bloom effect. Anything else is a serious framerate hog in my opinion. If you dont know what your doing, wait a couple weeks, I'm sure somebody more capable than me will make a nice easy .exe for ya.

Thats as far as I've gotten. I spent a couple hours each night in the last week getting my .ini settings the way I like them. (not easy with a sick baby) If you want to change bloom, colour, and light on your own, I suggest paying particular attention to BloomPowerDay and BloomConstantDay for lessening the bloom effect. You will also find the ColourCorrection settings to be useful for your own preference. (you dont even need bloom activated in this mod; you can still use it to get great colours and contrast.)

Further Tips:

Do not Alt-Tab out of BS and try to change the .ini. You need to completely exit out and alter the .ini file, then restart the sim for changes to take effect.

Change one thing at a time; its easier to keep track of what went wrong!!

Make a backup of all changed files; I like to copy the .ini, and then paste over the altered .ini if I want things reset.

BloomFadeTime is measured in milliseconds, I find that 1 second or less has better results for my taste.

And now...

The mod: link 1 http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=16218&d=1208563162 click on bramskis link.

link 2 http://www.filestube.com/261da39e16b57df203e9/details.html

link 3 http://www.upload.gen.tr/d.php/s2/hokhgjmt/enbseries_gtasa_v0074f-1.dosya.rar.html

My .ini file: [ATTACH]21941[/ATTACH]

And if that one's too bright, try this one:[ATTACH]21942[/ATTACH]

Cheers, have fun!!

Thanks alot. I keep getting a very annoying problem tho, BS mission starts minimized to taskbar and i cant get it to go up on the screen - anyone know how to remedy that?

Uncheck the full screen option. I had that aswell.

Great MOD, but i had to remove this mod. It made too much impact on my FPS because i have old Opteron 146 processor with GF7600GT.

Callsign Lycanthrope79

Thanks that worked.

So how do i need to set my .ini values to have bloom OFF during the day and on very minimally at night? It looks to toyish with the settings in the attached .ini file i think but the NVG really looks better with bloom.

Also is the ini file supposed to be in the KA-50 folder or in the stable folder?

Thanks that worked.

So how do i need to set my .ini values to have bloom OFF during the day and on very minimally at night? It looks to toyish with the settings in the attached .ini file i think but the NVG really looks better with bloom.

Also is the ini file supposed to be in the KA-50 folder or in the stable folder?

Somebody else can probably help you with those values. I didn't change any values. I just copied the crazysundog's ini file.

ini file ahould be in KA-50 folder. It's not in the folder with rest of the enbseries files.

Callsign Lycanthrope79

Thanks that worked.

Yeah, that .ini should be in the Ka50 folder. It is created there the first time you start the game. Replace it with one of my .ini's because the default file that gets created has way too much bloom.

The values to change the bloom effect are:

BloomPowerDay= I set this to 1 for a little bloom, or 3 for a sunny day.

BloomConstantDay=same as above, 1 or 3.

To turn the bloom value off, under the [Effect] column, change EnableBloom=1 -to- EnableBloom=0. In fact, if you haven't copied my .ini, change all the efffects to 0 as they just use up fps.

Yeah, that .ini should be in the Ka50 folder. It is created there the first time you start the game. Replace it with one of my .ini's because the default file that gets created has way too much bloom.

The values to change the bloom effect are:

BloomPowerDay= I set this to 1 for a little bloom, or 3 for a sunny day.

BloomConstantDay=same as above, 1 or 3.

To turn the bloom value off, under the [Effect] column, change EnableBloom=1 -to- EnableBloom=0. In fact, if you haven't copied my .ini, change all the efffects to 0 as they just use up fps.

My ini does not move to the Ka50 folder when i start and exit, its still in the stable folder. And editing the values does not seem to work when its there.

Is the HDR mod working at all? If not try pressing Shift-F12 when in game.

The key is that the d3d9.dll must be in the Ka50/bin/stable folder; and the enbseries.ini is in the Ka50 folder. Wether you put it there or it moves automatically, those have to be in place I believe.

Also, make sure you download the same version of the mod as i did; the first link in my guide.

With the HDR Mod installed, I am unable to capture screenshots with the Prt Scr key. Anybody got any idea why?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

My game crashes every time I try to use this :(

Running Vista Ultima x64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| Intel E6750 @3.2Ghz | 2GB OCZ PC2-6400 RAM | XFX 680i SLI | BFG GTX260 216SP | Western Digital 3200AAKS 320GB SATA II HDD |

| Seagate 320GB 16MB SATA II HDD | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Soundcard | Samsung 245B 24" TFT Monitor |

| Logitech Z-5400 Digital THX 5.1 speakers | Logitech G15 | Logitech MX1000 | TM Cougar #27955 | TrackIR 3 Pro

With the HDR Mod installed, I am unable to capture screenshots with the Prt Scr key. Anybody got any idea why?

Yes, that is the same issue I have. I dont know why, I couldn't figure it out. I just use fraps to capture screenies now.

@ Amraam: I'm using Vista Ultimate 64bit as well and the only time I had crashes was when the d3d9.dll was in the wrong folder I think... it could also be that your not running BS as administrator.

Edited by crazysundog

• 1 month later...

Vista 64 here, it does indeed need Admin rights to work. However, my problem is that when I enable Admin rights it wont start full screen only windowed, also it reverts to default gfx settings. Any ideas on why this is happening or how to get around it?

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On