X52 Pro problem

Slayer

If I load any profile it shows up just fine on the X52 throttle display. It is still displaying when I'm in the game at the initial load screen.The second the game loads in to the cockpit though, the MFD goes blank, clearing the profile. If I exit the game back to the loading screen the profile reappears. I've tried unloading and reloading while in game but nothing works.

I tried the scroll wheel thing on the other post but it doesnt fix it. Another guy is having the same problem, but he never recieved a reply.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=33853&highlight=X52+blank

Up until this point I was using the game controls section and hadn't used the saitek software so I didnt notice. I have reset the controls to defaults in the game and I have installed the newinput.dll

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

FIXED

Your hint about the "Saitek Rulez" thing clued me in to a bug with the DIrectOutputService.exe

The developers are using that service to send a message to the MFD but sometimes the service quits working and must be restarted for it to work properly. This same thing happened to many users with the plugin for FSX.

The fix is:

1) Start task manager(CTRL+ALT+DEL), go to the services tab then find SaiDOutput service,right click it,stop it, then right click it again and restart it.

2) Now when you go into the game you will get the SAITEK RULEZ message and you roll the left black wheel on the bottom of the throttle a click up or down ( per the previous post)

OR

Heres a batch file to stop/restart it for you

[ATTACH]22042[/ATTACH]

You have to restart the service whenever you get the blank MFD. It was a bug in the Directoutput development kit.

Edited by Slayer
Updated batchfile with exit command

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Please sticky this

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Howdy, I have an X-52 pro under Windows XP 32. I was having a little bit of trouble with my controller in DCS black shark, the MFD only displayed "Saitek Rullez!!" or something like that, and it seemed that the keys had a hard time "repeating", for example, mapping the ,./; keys to skew the Shkval didn't seem to work (I mapped them in the Saitek SST Programming Software). I searched for that string, and removed the code from a .lua file where it seemed to just print that message on the MFD. The MFD displayed properly, but still, the joystick didn't seem to response properly to the commands I had programmed with the SST software.

I went in and un-mapped all the X-52 controls from the collective and cyclict control options in the input options, but still, it didn't seem that the X-52 was responding the inputs like it should.

I now just program the X-52 directly in game rather than using the SST software, and thus not making use of Modes, which is unfortunate. Anyone else having a similar experience with the X-52pro?

Stingray

Howdy, I have an X-52 pro under Windows XP 32. I was having a little bit of trouble with my controller in DCS black shark, the MFD only displayed "Saitek Rullez!!" or something like that, and it seemed that the keys had a hard time "repeating", for example, mapping the ,./; keys to skew the Shkval didn't seem to work (I mapped them in the Saitek SST Programming Software). I searched for that string, and removed the code from a .lua file where it seemed to just print that message on the MFD. The MFD displayed properly, but still, the joystick didn't seem to response properly to the commands I had programmed with the SST software.

I went in and un-mapped all the X-52 controls from the collective and cyclict control options in the input options, but still, it didn't seem that the X-52 was responding the inputs like it should.

I now just program the X-52 directly in game rather than using the SST software, and thus not making use of Modes, which is unfortunate. Anyone else having a similar experience with the X-52pro?

Stingray

Its the exact same problem I had, scroll back 2 posts and grab the zipfile, whenever your MFD stops working just double click the file inside, It will stop/start the MFD display service.

Deleting the text of Saitek Rulez doesnt fix it.

Another poster also said just roll the left black scroll wheel a click and it will bring you to right back to the display page for your profile when it says "Saitek Rulez".

Also if you haven't figured this out yet...for some reason the way the key commands are shown in the game options are "backwards"- meaning if it says A+LALT+LSHIFT in your SD6 software you have to input it as LSHIFT+LALT+A

Edited by Slayer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Ciao,

I also still have problems with my Saitek X52 under Vista64. I have already uploaded the newinput.dll. Now "release weapon works" although it remains pushed!:(, but some other keys do not work. In the longer the Shkval FOV is always positioned on the one (right or Left) hand making it difficult targetting. The reset button Skval who first worked now seems broken. What can I do? I'm crazy:mad::mad::mad::helpsmilie:

-LuKariello-

--------------------

Fly high, Fly Fast!

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic6300_1.gif [/sIGPIC]

I am experiencing strange things here also with my saitek x52-pro and my new profile...

After about 2 minutes flying, DCS-BS refuses to accept input commands. Even normal Keyboard key presses(!) do not work any more.

I have the feeling this "keyboard-locks" somehow are caused by Saitek-Software. Anyone ran into the sam issues yet?

I did same as Stingray. I have set-up axis via DCS-BS, removed all Joy-button logic from DCS-BS and trying them to embed them via SST into a profile....

That's how it should work and has to work.

Stingray

Edited by JaBoG32_Prinzartus

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

Hi

I'd like to add that I'm having problems with my x52's axis inputs being recognised in "real" mode. For some reason, "game" mode works fine. In "real" mode, neither internal axis assignments or saitek software axis assignments are recognised. I've tried the new newinput.dll with no success, and have managed to get rid of the "saitek rulez" message with the batch file another user posted. Button inputs seem to work ok on the other hand.

Any thoughts?

Tony

Hi

I'd like to add that I'm having problems with my x52's axis inputs being recognised in "real" mode. For some reason, "game" mode works fine. In "real" mode, neither internal axis assignments or saitek software axis assignments are recognised. I've tried the new newinput.dll with no success, and have managed to get rid of the "saitek rulez" message with the batch file another user posted. Button inputs seem to work ok on the other hand.

Any thoughts?

Tony

game and real mode have different control configurations, the dropdown in the upper left corner of the control you pick KA-50 Real or KA-50 Arcade. You must configure your controls for both of those...axis and all. arcade mode is way diff thats why theres 2 sets of control options.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

I am experiencing strange things here also with my saitek x52-pro and my new profile...

After about 2 minutes flying, DCS-BS refuses to accept input commands. Even normal Keyboard key presses(!) do not work any more.

I have the feeling this "keyboard-locks" somehow are caused by Saitek-Software. Anyone ran into the sam issues yet?

I did same as Stingray. I have set-up axis via DCS-BS, removed all Joy-button logic from DCS-BS and trying them to embed them via SST into a profile....

That's how it should work and has to work.

You have to watch out how you program your control. Under certain things you can accidentally make your control nonstop send keyboard to the game and get very high CPU usage or cause it to stop responding. This happens if you program a keypress to a Mode or shiftstate because when you program to that, unless you make it a macro, it will send the key nonstop.

Send me your file or post it here and I'll take a look at it for you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

I've been having similar problems where after a while my X52Pro doesn't work properly. I'm flying along quite happily then the buttons seem to rewrite themselves and give me completely different inputs, not only that, but my keyboard also goes crazy, and the key-inputs are either different or non-functional (like I press "Esc" to leave the game, and it has no response). The only way I get out of it is to press my joystick buttons ramdomly to escape whatever is rewriting the keypresses. I haven't managed to identify the keypress that initiates it yet, nor the one that resets it.

Did you try the "newinput.dll" yet? If not try a forum search on the general forum for it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Hi

Any thoughts?

Tony

I'm having the exact same problem and am getting frustrated. I saved my mappings from the Russian version and they don't work. The game won't even pick up any of my x52's axis. Very irritating (and bizare - all worked well on the Russain version!)

Just to be clear: I get no option to map any axis under 'Real' mode but I do under game. None of my joysticks inputs are recognized unde game either. Nada. What can I do?

Edited by McVittees
Clarification of issue

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

Did you try the "newinput.dll" yet? If not try a forum search on the general forum for it.

What do you do with it? I can't tell from the threads I've found.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

I saved my mappings from the Russian version and they don't work. The game won't even pick up any of my x52's axis.

Could you please try to delete your configuration files which you took from Russian version and configure your joystick again in English version?

picture.php?albumid=243&pictureid=1732

I only saved a .lua file which I put into the Blackshark folder (the default location for 'save profile as'). It has been deleted. I don't know what other configuration files it added. :(

What should I delete to start afresh?

Edited by McVittees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Please, delete all files in folder (for "real" mode) ..\Config\Input\Aircrafts\ka-50\joystick\*.* except file default.lua. After that make fresh assignment.

Added. BTW - when did you copy files from russian version, you also copied file default.lua? If yes - replace it to English one.

Edited by USSR_Rik

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Please, delete all files in folder (for "real" mode) ..\Config\Input\Aircrafts\ka-50\joystick\*.* except file default.lua. After that make fresh assignment.I]

That did the trick - thank you! Phew!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Please note - files default.lua in folders ..\joystick\ ..keyboard\ ..\mouse\ ..\trackir\ (and of course in appropriate folders in ..\ka-50_easy\...... ) contains the "base" of possible assignments. So - never delete or modify (if you not a programmer) them!

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

• 1 month later...
FIXED

Your hint about the "Saitek Rulez" thing clued me in to a bug with the DIrectOutputService.exe

The developers are using that service to send a message to the MFD but sometimes the service quits working and must be restarted for it to work properly. This same thing happened to many users with the plugin for FSX.

The fix is:

1) Start task manager(CTRL+ALT+DEL), go to the services tab then find SaiDOutput service,right click it,stop it, then right click it again and restart it.

2) Now when you go into the game you will get the SAITEK RULEZ message and you roll the left black wheel on the bottom of the throttle a click up or down ( per the previous post)

OR

[ATTACH]22042[/ATTACH]

You have to restart the service whenever you get the blank MFD. It was a bug in the Directoutput development kit.

Okay i have windows XP and X52 Pro as well as DCS .

The problem im having is that i have a working MFD i see my DCS profile, when i click on the joy buttons i see on the MFD for example Gear down gear up message, but..... the functions are not being processed by DCS, as the collective and cyclic controls are working perfectly on the joystick .... No button works with the software.

I looked in my task manager for SaiDOutput but it doesnt exist !

any idea ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That did the trick - thank you! Phew!

This worked for me too.

I was having an issue with the game suddenly not recognizing my USB keyboard. Weird thing is, when I try to load a saved profile it reverts back to not recognizing the keyboard again. Then I have to do the delete fix again.

If I set-up the keys for my X-45, they stay assigned as long as I don't save them in a profile and try to load the profile later. Weird. A bug?

- - - - - - - - TO FLY IS HEAVEN. TO HOVER IS DIVINE - - - - - -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MY Saitek X52 Pro MFD is Blank. there is no SaiDOutput service running for Black Shark. I am still looking to see why the MFD is not working. :cry:

the only file showing in the Task Manager services running is SaiMFD.exe. There is NO SaiDOutput service file showing.

The MFD batch file to restart it does not do anything for my MFD.

note: other flight sims that have an MFD script do have a Saitek MFD output on the Display.

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

• 2 weeks later...
FIXED

The fix is:

OR

[ATTACH]22042[/ATTACH]

Awesome, too bad it crashes my game as soon as I do it, display and everything goes as it should, but then BOOOOM SHUTDOWN, with the message: SAITEK HATES YOU.