ModMan 7.0.0.1 is now available

Skypat

before saying 'it won't work', you guy should read carefully what ModMan said you when it detect that your game is installed in c:\program files\ folder on a vista OS.... ;)

here is what you should read (in setup installer) before choosing your install path

did you read it ? i think no :)

Windows VISTA 32bits and 64bits users:

Don't install ModMan and your game in "c:\program files\" folder due to UAC protect feature.

Best regards

Skypat

• Like 1

What is the proper steps to upgrade from the 6.3.0.1 version?

Do I need to disable all mods, uninstall, and the install the new version? Or can I just install over top the existing version?

Thanks in advance....

best way is to uninstall your mods first to avoid problem because 7.0.0.x is a major version.

best way is to uninstall your mods first to avoid problem because 7.0.0.x is a major version.

Thanx T.Bone for being the guinea pig on this. It's a shame that Skypat is obviously lacking in some human interaction or he would be more cordial about his nasty responces and winks. ... WTF with the winks? Just call us stupid if that's how you feel man. Don't 'French it up'.

T.Bone ... let us know if you get it working. I'm inclined to try the ModMan prog but the horror stories are making me second guess it.

-OUT-

- - - - - - - - TO FLY IS HEAVEN. TO HOVER IS DIVINE - - - - - -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

........:huh:....Had no problem installing Modman 7xx over ver.6xx ... it worked instantly...

Can we use the new skins from Whats-His-Nuts? I see that some folks are having problems with it and If ModMan will make it painless, then I'd give it a whirl.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just to make sure it was not my error, I just went and installed it again (and let the default location be used). That now makes 4 times I have installed this program, and it still does exactly the same thing..."point me to your root folder," and no matter what is chosen it says it is an error and closes.

Also, your writing has a bit of a condescending tone to it. That usually is counter-productive. If this thing works, I've had no success after 4 installs. To me, that says there is something wrong.

I have the same problem Sunjah, and no matter what path i'm directing .... that is:

C:\ModMan

C:\ModMan\bin

or any other location on my Harddrive, for that matter, it closes down

It works flawlessly with Flaming Cliffs though

BTW i have updated your Mirror on my site to 7.0.0.1 http://www.serik.dk/page4.html

Edited by <51>GRIZZLY

ModMan say:

"Show me the way to DCS series ROOT folder !"

why are you pointing to ModMan folder ????

:huh::huh::huh:

I have the same problem Sunjah, and no matter what path i'm directing .... that is:

C:\ModMan

C:\ModMan\bin

or any other location on my Harddrive, for that matter, it closes down

It works flawlessly with Flaming Cliffs though

BTW i have updated your Mirror on my site to 7.0.0.1 http://www.serik.dk/page4.html

• Like 1

Just found out ...... The folder youll have to navigate to is the ka50 folder, don't open the folder, just mark it and click "OK" and Modman will start to install.

So simple - why did'nt installer tell us which folder. Everyone has that one - must be getting old???

Thanks CC

:music_whistling: :thumbup:

Edited by bursco

Majesco, yes it will, BUT, in order for MODMAN to properly install it, the mod (be it skins/textures/whatever) needs to be packed with MODMAN. I don't believe Mitches skinpack is. You can easily take his skinpack and make it modman compliant( I did) you'll just need to go through MODMAN to do it.

Majesco, yes it will, BUT, in order for MODMAN to properly install it, the mod (be it skins/textures/whatever) needs to be packed with MODMAN. I don't believe Mitches skinpack is. You can easily take his skinpack and make it modman compliant( I did) you'll just need to go through MODMAN to do it.

So besides the new textures for the airfields ... are there any helicopter skins, besides the Canadian one, that are working with ModMan?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know, so i packed Mitch's skinpack with modman 7 (unzipped to a folder then re-packed, exluded his "graphics.cfg") then install

Okay, I'm going in for a FIFTH try with this thing. If it won't work this time I completely quit at even trying.

Thanks for the tip!

When I get to the point of being told to point to the DCS Root Folder, a list of folders on my desktop comes up. There are no SHORTCUTS on this list, there is no address box to type anything into. It is a list of FOLDERS on my desktop, and it will let me choose nothing else. No option anywhere. It is like this

-Desktop

+Generic Folder on Desktop

Another Generic Folder

-Opened Generic Folder

-Generic Sub Folder

art folder

+save folder

xyz folder

zzz folder

Yet another Generic folder

-Another opened folder

Another Generic Sub folder

I really don't like being frustrated.

Edited by Sunjah
  • Like 1

Remember, on Nov. 4th, vote for Black Shark for President!!!