Feel of the real ka 50?

Flim

Hey guys , I'm just wondering how the real ka 50 feels on the stick?

Does the stick want to re-center ?

Do the controls feel light or rigid?

I'm sure someone here knows or talked to guys who fly this crazy thing!

If you sit on your washing machine doing a spin cycle whilst playing, that's probably a start! :) Well, that's been my experience of fling wings in general - maybe having two rotors makes it better. I was very impressed to look very closely at the edge of the HUD, and especially at the wet compass up at the top of the windscreen to see them vibrating. Sorry for not actually answering your question though!

Just referring to the feel of the cyclic, there are springs that will keep the stick centered at its last trimmed position. You can move it away from that position, and there will be spring resistance to give the stick "feel", in other words, resistance against your movement so you can feel what's going on. With the trimer pressed, there is no spring feel whatsoever, and the control is very loose. Same goes for the pedals. For the collective, the collective brake is similar to the trimmer, but it will not return the collective to the "last trimmed" position. With the collective brake on, it's difficult to move the collective, with it pressed, it's very easy, there is virtually no resistance. In practice, any movement of the collective goes in the order of: press and hold collective brake button, move collective, release collective brake button. Whereas the cyclic and pedals are often moved without holding down the trimmer button, this is not done with the collective.

Oh, and yes, sit on a washing machine, that's a perfect description. In fact, we use it all the time where I work. (The term, not actual washing machines)

Just referring to the feel of the cyclic, there are springs that will keep the stick centered at its last trimmed position. You can move it away from that position, and there will be spring resistance to give the stick "feel", in other words, resistance against your movement so you can feel what's going on. With the trimer pressed, there is no spring feel whatsoever, and the control is very loose. Same goes for the pedals. For the collective, the collective brake is similar to the trimmer, but it will not return the collective to the "last trimmed" position. With the collective brake on, it's difficult to move the collective, with it pressed, it's very easy, there is virtually no resistance. In practice, any movement of the collective goes in the order of: press and hold collective brake button, move collective, release collective brake button. Whereas the cyclic and pedals are often moved without holding down the trimmer button, this is not done with the collective.

Oh, and yes, sit on a washing machine, that's a perfect description. In fact, we use it all the time where I work. (The term, not actual washing machines)

This leads me to another question. What system does Kamov use to mount the transmission and rotor to the airframe.

Thanks man, I have a few thousand hours in airplanes, but when it comes to helos ( no clue). I was watching the youtube cockpit video while the pilot was doing some vertical maneuvers and it seemed the he was not trimming, plus the cyclic looked (not springy) .

This leads me to another question. What system does Kamov use to mount the transmission and rotor to the airframe.

Not positive for the Ka-50, but most Russian helos I've seen use 8 "legs" that mount to 4 places on the deck and 4 places on the gearbox, so it looks sort of like a continuous "W" around the gearbox.

Not positive for the Ka-50, but most Russian helos I've seen use 8 "legs" that mount to 4 places on the deck and 4 places on the gearbox, so it looks sort of like a continuous "W" around the gearbox.

What form of dampening nodematic or LIVE.

Feels like warm apple pie.

:megalol::megalol::megalol:

SPARTAN1-1 Спартанец1-1

Dell XPS 630i / Windows 7 / Intel Core 2 Extreme CPU Q6850 @ 3.00 GHZ / 4 GB Corsair Dominator 1066/ NVIDIA 8800GT X 2 / Track IR 4Pro / X52 + Pedals

Dell Studio XPS 1647 / Windows 7 / Intel i7 620 @ 2.67 GHZ / 4 GB RAM / ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670