Depleted uranium article

jpm1

I've never heard of a DU round for the M230. Here's a little book on Aerojet and Honeywell DU penetrators found in most US DU rounds. In that document contains the real reason why the US use DU instead of Tungsten.

http://nonuclear.se/files/goldstick1984u-bullets-grey.pdf

I also have a very good book on an experimental HEAB round for the GAU-8 if anyone's intrested.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Would you eat machine oil?

No, but you still use it in your car and it ends up in sewage and water treatment plants and ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Would you eat machine oil?

No, but you still use it in your car and it ends up in sewage and water treatment plants and ...

False logic GG. Using machine oil for lubricating you car is not a weapon of war intentionally released.

Reminder: SAM = Stealth STOP!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I fail to see the difference that this makes when it comes to pollution.

You use oil for warfare too, albeit not necessarily directly to cause harm.

But in the same vein, you do cause direct harm with lead, several explosive compounds and steel and who knows what else.

So what was the point then?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Not to detract from the hazard of DU but there's plenty of things on a battle field that can be hazardous to general health. The lead exposed from firing lead core ammunition can cause birth defects if it is inhaled in large quantities or gets into ground water. Burning metal, electronics, tires, plastics, and cordite fill the air when the sh!t hits the fan. I don't doubt that some of the children fathered in these areas are born disabled. War sucks.

I think it's ignorant to place ALL the blame for these defects on DU and it cleary has an agenda of one purpose.

I fail to see the difference that this makes when it comes to pollution.

You use oil for warfare too, albeit not necessarily directly to cause harm.

But in the same vein, you do cause direct harm with lead, several explosive compounds and steel and who knows what else.

So what was the point then?

:doh: hahah you beat me to the lead argument. The yugo 7.62x39 M67 round is lead core.

So you guys are OK with the use of nuclear waste as weapon. And how funny it is comparing lead and machine oil with nuclear waste.

Well, I am against the use of nuclear waste as a weapon.

Enough said.

Regards.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

So you guys are OK with the use of nuclear waste as weapon. And how funny it is comparing lead and machine oil with nuclear waste.

Well, I am against the use of nuclear waste as a weapon.

Enough said.

Regards.

I understand, but try to understand my point.

I have no problem saying DU is harmful but so are a host of other things not banned. As someone who knows general health risks, I don't smoke, use aluminium-based underarm deodorant, or shoot at an indoor range :wacko: . On the same token, I can't see myself playing on or looting war trophies from a BMP eaten alive by a GAU-8 or drinking well water from an area that was near a battle. Common sense?

In most cases DU is supposed to affect children and unborn babies the most. So does 2nd hand smoke and lead. So why not promote their ban as well? I am fairly certain either one of those two alone are responsible for more defects than DU.

In the end.. do I think civilians have been inadvertly affected by DU? Yes. But I think the problem is more complex. Blaming every debilitating birth defect on DU seems like a haphhazard assetment when other variables of a war are neglected.

ps I've been around exploded DU rounds, so I try to keep myself informed on the topic. To this date I am not ill; let's hope it stays that way.

• Like 1

I've removed a couple of asbestos rooves.. Duno how i'd feel if some foreigner fired them into a tank hiding in the hedgerow opposite my house though lol

I wasn't being off topic, it's the same principle really.

'How would you like DU being used on your land' is what it boils down to in the end. Inevitably the people that suffer don't have the choice..

• Like 1

Too many cowboys. Not enough indians.

GO APE SH*T

'How would you like DU being used on your land' is what it boils down to in the end. Inevitably the people that suffer don't have the choice..

Spot on.

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

Has any one seen any record describing a warrior asking a civilian for an approval of their weapons.

Not for the last couple of thousand years, it’s only now for the last couple of decades after the trial and error involving the unnecessary distraction of humans and their infrastructure including the blue on blue destruction did the system of warfare get better.

The design of DU is to supplement the power and the use of DU would be either to exercise the weakness or negligence.

In most cases the political measure is the direct result of negligence.

For the purpose of global security and economical fairness where there is no such thing as fair trade on the global scale as yet and the term I.e. national security and international law it’s very much based on economics which carries on with the power of the momentum for weapons design.

If one was to go to war at 50 mil per hour, my heart screams to say about the knock-on effect on the global economy and it's not good.

Some nations would be delighted to receive 1.5 B but 1.5 B wasn't designed for those purposes.

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.