F4 view - how to edit?

zika1234

Does anybody have some info, on how to change default f4 view? To set it up like nose view, not rotor view?

F4 is the lookback view per the View settings of the key commands.

Edited by pbsmgm

Asus X99 II, i7-6850k, GTX 1080, 32GB RAM, M.2/SSD Drives, Win10-64

You need to realize that F4 is the lookback view per the View settings of the key commands. I suggest printing the simulation mode key command list and experimenting. And I believe you meant rudder not rotor.
I believe the OP does realize this and is asking if it is possible to change it so he doesn't have to press some Ctrl/Alt/Shift combination to get the desired view. And he does mean rotor, as in the camera shows a view from the rotor back towards to rudder.

zika1234,

Haven't tried it myself (at work at the moment) but check the key assigments in the options menu. Use the drop down menu to select the "View" commands and see if it lets you assign your desired keys.

Good luck!

Shoot to Kill.

Play to Have Fun.

Maybe it is this, try (I can't check this, unfortunetely now):

Open config\views\server.lua

find:

RearCameraPos = {}
RearCameraAnglesDefault = {}

for i = PlaneIndex.iSu_27,PlaneIndex.iKA_50 do
   local cockpit_point = CockpitLocalPoint[i]
   RearCameraAnglesDefault[i] =  {[color=Red][b]180[/b][/color],[b][color=Red]-8.0[/color][/b]} 
   RearCameraPos[i]           =  {cockpit_point[1] - [b][color=Green]3.7[/color][/b] ,cockpit_point[2] + [color=Green][b]2.4[/b][/color], cockpit_point[3]}
end

and try change these values which are marked on RED.

You can change also values whose are marked GREEN, but first check REDs.

You can try also check this fragment of code if previous didn't work:

-- Following values will not be saved in tracks in the current version!
hAngleRearDefault =  [color=DarkOrange][b]180[/b][/color]
vAngleRearDefault = [b][color=DarkOrange]-8.0[/color][/b]
vAngleRearMin     = [b][color=DarkOrange]-90[/color][/b] -- -8.0
vAngleRearMax     = [color=DarkOrange][b]90.0[/b][/color]

In LO f4 views depended on server, not client so... here it could be similar.

Please try various combination before say "it's not working" :P

When I will have possibility to check that in game I'll do this.

Edited by Boberro

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Hey Boberro,

Thanks for the info, it worked!

I used just RearCameraPos = {cockpit_point[1] - 3.7 ,cockpit_point[2] + 2.4, cockpit_point[3]}, and it seems that cockpit_point[1] is the X axis, or longitudinal, meaning how far forward or aft of the cockpit you want to be. cockpit_point[2] is the Y axis or the vertical, how far above or below the cockpit, and cockpit_point[3] the Z, or lateral, how far left or right you are.

Very cool!

Is there a way to move that camera with respect to the helicopter once in the game?

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody know how to adjust the default FOV for the F4 camera? I have it setup as a camera on the top of the rudder, looks great for watching tracks but the default FOV in too narrow.

Nate

Edit - Found it in view.lua

Edited by Nate--IRL--

I am glad I could help.

Is there a way to move that camera with respect to the helicopter once in the game?

I don't get it, could you explain it ?

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

• ED Team

Speaking of which... There was a program for Flaming cliffs, called "LOCFG" or something (something about configuring...).

Anyway, since i don't remember what the program was called, i know that it was possible to very easily edit the F4 view from the program. You could change the position of the F4 view by just clicking around the picture of your desired jet, and the camera would be set when you start the sim.

Wonder if it works for black shark as well..?

• 1 month later...
I am glad I could help.

I don't get it, could you explain it ?

Sure! Once I get to the F4 view, wherever I have placed it in the server.lua, I want to move the camera in respect to the helicopter. So start where server.lua sets it, then move forward at a certain slow speed, see what I mean?

• 2 months later...

I was bored with the default F4 view, so I played around a bit with the “server.lua” file. Maybe you will like some of those I “produced”. You just have to replace server.lua file from C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Config\View folder with some of my server.lua files.

If some of you also have edited some interesting F4 views, maybe you could share? ;)

I’m also posting a example of one of 14 different F4 views attached below.

ScreenShot_000.jpg

Attachment:

F4 View.rar

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

Thanks Boberro and igormk!

So, is there a F4 tool similar to that in LOCFG that will allow F4 camera editing with visual cues?

Another question - what if I need various camera positions on various AI helicopters?