[Mod] Migo's Shkval Mod

Migo

Hello Pilots,

I know there are already some Shkval mods available. Mine is a little bit different.

It's based on a video from Youtube called "Vikhr shkval footage". I used the idea of

the "Curved Shkval Mod". I also made a little comparison between different shkval mods

and the default one. I hope some other people like this mod, too. Modman compatible.

Like with the other shkval mods to make it look realistic you have to turn up

the shkval brightness :)

shkvalmigo.th.jpg

comparisoni.th.jpg

Download-Link:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-1912358/ShkvalMigo.zip.html

http://win.21gt.it/public/Mods/ShkvalMigo.zip

Vikhr Shkval Footage Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z03y04imhQg

Muchas greetings, Migo

--------

Edited by Migo
  • Like 3

The link is broken...or the server is down

Regards

i7 2600K - ASUS P8P67 - GSKILL RIPJAWS X 8GB CL 7 - NOCTUA NH-D14

GIGABYTE GTX 570@900/1800/2000 - ACCELERO XTREME PLUS

SSD OCZ VERTEX II RAID 0 240GB 34NM - XFX 850W BLACK EDITION

SB X-FI EXTREME GAMER

FANATEC CSW+BMW M3 GT2 RIM+FORMULA RIM - HOTAS COUGAR Ü2 NXT - TRACKIR 5

LIAN LI PC-X1000 - PANASONIC TX-P42VT30E - DELL 2709W

Very nice,

The link now it works, in download ...

Thanks !

Edit : The link is now broken , alternate link :

ShkvalMigo.zip

Regards

:thumbup:

Regards

SB X-FI EXTREME GAMER

Very Nice Migo !!! I like so much. Great job !!

Regards

SB X-FI EXTREME GAMER

Be careful about using YouTube videos as reference material. They are usually reposts of reposts of reposts of videos found from unclassified military footage. A lot of information about the video can get lost along the way. For instance, the video you are using could either be some super high-tech version mounted on an experimental Mi-28, or it could be a standard Shkval on a Su-25, or an upgraded Shkval on a Su-25T, or it could be the very first ever Shkval system installed on a modified civilian helicopter launching the very first ever made live Vikhrs. There is no evidence provided that would lead us to believe that this footage came from a Ka-50.

Furthermore, we don't know how the footage was captured. Was it from a cheap, worn-out video camera that no longer can detect the full spectrum of colors being held by the pilot's hand, or was it a sort of VHS recording with the video being tapped off between the targeting computer system and the monitor?

In addition, you have to take into account the effect that video compression has on video quality and color. If the video has been compressed multiple times (being a repost of a repost of a repost of a video found online), then colors can appear to be drastically different. I really do like what you have done with bloom and contrast.

On the other hand, the developers behind DCS have been in the cockpit of a real Ka-50 and have first-hand experience looking at the Shkval monitor, or if they don't, their military advisors (pilots of real Ka-50s that have given feedback to the DCS team) certainly do. Given the conditions, I trust the judgment and work of them over that of a video with an unknown source.

I don't mean to downplay the mod. You have beautifully recreated the Shkval output in the game based on the video. If this is footage from a Ka-50 Shkval in the cockpit with accurate colors, you have ported that over to the game perfectly.

Edited by Waldo_II

Be careful[...]
Yes you're right but I didn't say it's a real Ka-50 shkval, just that it's based on this video I found. As far as I know the old shkval was yellow.

If someone finds a better reference send it to me and I will give my best to get it ingame ;-)

looks good !!! but for full realismen we need a black color text...
There is a switch on the shkval with which you can switch between black and white, if you meant that.

I would think that based on how realistic the rest of the model is, that the dev team also modelled the shkval correctly even if it doesn't match what we find online.

As for what you can find online...

shkval-ka50.jpg

Ka-50

shkval-su25t.jpg

Su25t

shkval-unknown.jpg

Unknown

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

• 2 years later...

After three years, I think it's still best Shkval screen mod. :D

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Where to put the mod´s INTERLEAVE.bmp into DCS World 1.2.0?

Can´t find it in C:\DCS World\Bazar\TempTextures

Regards

Terrorvogel

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...