Low fps while using MFD with Mavericks etc need tips

Kaptein_Damli

We are looking into the issue, but for right now all we can say is that the heavy FPS reduction with the Shkval is due to the low magnification factor on the initial setting when uncaging the sensor. The simplest solution at this point is to immediately switch to the middle FoV setting of 8x.

Sorry about that but i dont understand what you mean by FoV, could you explain pls

Sorry about that but i dont understand what you mean by FoV, could you explain pls

Field of vision, "zoom" if you want. Su-25T has three levels of zoom, with the wider one you see more area of terrain but fps drops a lot, with the middle and narrow FoV level fps are very good.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Field of view of the TV= the zoom level of the screen.

Try TV has zoom levels, when you zoom in, the TV does not have to display as much detail so the FPS hit isnt so bad, although as already mentioned, this make finding targets harder.

Hello guys,

Thanks for the replies. I'll try and avoid flying the Su25T over larger urban areas for now and play around with the A10, whose problem is much less pronounced.

The workaround on zooming in as fast as possible to reduce the FoV is valid, but definitely kills your scanning for targets capability.

Let's just hope the developers can do something about this.

I tried reducing the cockpit resolution, but that didn't affect the minimum fps. Haven't played with the Scenes setting yet. I do very little flying on public servers. The absolute majority of it is done with a few friends of mine with whom I fly cooperative missions.

It just really sad that companies such as Eagle Dynamics and Bohemia, which produce software to military organizations, end up with beautiful game engines, but which suffer tremendously in terms of being well optimized for commercially-available hardware.

Well, let's just hope. :happy:

I hate this FPS drop, especially in MP.

Game should be smooth from the moment it is installed, using only the options provided in game menus. Thingies like "play around with your cfg", "zoom in fast" and "wiggle your arse, wiggle your arse", are NOT the solutions. They are counterproductive.

@Distiler - civ traffic is forced by server??? WTF? what was the idea behind that ??

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

@Distiler - civ traffic is forced by server??? WTF? what was the idea behind that ??

Is forced, on or off, by the server. Same with scenes.

Wouldn't make much sense if you could see cars or buildings and another pilot couldn't, so those settings are forced (again, on or off) by the server.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

I think the workaround works fine. My initial disappointment was my perception that FC2 was slower than Black Shark, and therefore a step back. Having compared them with the same missions I now know that not to be so. Until ED patches (or eliminates) the wide view on the shkval, I just won't use it. I am a happy camper again.

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

We are looking into the issue, but for right now all we can say is that the heavy FPS reduction with the Shkval is due to the low magnification factor on the initial setting when uncaging the sensor. The simplest solution at this point is to immediately switch to the middle FoV setting of 8x.

I just dont get it...Is it so hard to reduce structures rendering distance on MFD??? That is only problem, nothing more.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Aerial Operations

This reminds me a little when Lock On first came out and the following Flaming Cliffs. Back then we always struggled to get good fps, and most of it were solved with mods, like canopy without scratches, water mod, overcast cloud mod etc. Not to be rude or offending, but these things should be optimized from the developer. Not the customers or usermade mods. I am grateful that ED makes this good looking sims, but what they have problems with is the optimizing. I still can´t run Flaming Cliffs v.1.12 maxed out after all those years, and that tells my two things: ED is a step ahead graphic wise and flight model wise. But the sacrifice is performance. When I see your guys specs, like quad core at 3.8GHZ still getting stutters with the shval on that confirms this. I hope DCS in the future would focus more on the optimizing part. Don´t get me wrong, I love the sim and I love the mods, I know you don´t have a lot of employees like a Microsoft comp, but please focus more on optimization. I also most add that other than the stutter MFD thingy, rest of the sim runs smooth with a little tweaking on my "under the middle spec´ed comp." It could of course run even smoother, but I hope ED in the future would do something about the "water under terrain" thing that steals some fps. I heard a new soundpatch will come soon freeing up some cpu resources so ED is already doing something about optimizing the sim.

• Like 1

My moviemaking channel at YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RobertDamli

Is forced, on or off, by the server. Same with scenes.

Wouldn't make much sense if you could see cars or buildings and another pilot couldn't, so those settings are forced (again, on or off) by the server.

Jeez, thats even worst for FPS! Its almost like enforcing hardware apartheid :mad:

And civ traffic is totally useless! Are all those people really be driving around in the middle of the war that is of scale presented in an average MP mission?

I also have problems with Shkval. "Zooming in and reducing distance" is lame solution, sorry, but I have to say that :( I mean, in a real plane, does Su-25T freeze or fall of the sky when Shkval pointed into horizon?

And I agree with Kaptein_Damli - these things should be solved by developers, not by us :(

Also, when turning Shkval on, in 99% of cases, it is pointed toward horizon at min zoom. So, FPS is bound to drop immediately. What if I'm on MP server with hi settings and many users Look, its like default setting for a device, and it having such a negative impact. Only temp solution could be a tweak (provided by developers) that will point Shkval at some angle toward ground or at some distance, when turned on.

What if my sim is constantly crashing when choosing Su-25T? What would be the solution, "Don't choose it" ?

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

I think if Shkval image could be done in separate thread (like new sound engine) it would not cause such hit on framerate... right now you can see 30-km and more with it in Wide FoV and you can see all the trees (there's lot of them) where in cockpit view trees are rendered up to 9km... big difference in number of objects.

If developers would decrease this visible distance it would also have a downside in simulation perspective as then you wouldn't be able to see if target you are seeing is behind building, if buidings are not rendered in front of it... to reduce draw distance of trees/buidling you'd have to reduce draw distance of ground units then also.

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

Nothing "slipped through" when we cannot reproduce it.

I can definitely reproduce it on a regular basis, so let me know if you want me to do any testing.

From my own experience, and also from what I've read here, what is in the field of view has a significant impact on this. My guess is that if you had slewed the seeker head around in the situation where you took the screenshots, you would have seen a FPS hit at some point as well, probably where there was a greater concentration of ground objects or something that was further away.

ASUS P6T SE / Intel i7 930@2.8GHz / 6GB RAM / ATI 5870 1GB / 40 GB Intel X25-V MLC SSD / 2TB 7200 RPM HD

Photo site: http://www.techflyer.net

Hallo guys,

i read this thread with great attention because i have the same problem with the Shkval in the Su25T. I have frames from 50 to 60 and if i turn the Shkval on the frames drop to 10-15.I look for a solution and then i found this Thread.I hope for a patch or something other that fix this problem.

I change my settings in different ways but nothing works and the Cockpit Resolution 256 doesnt fix it.I dont give up hope that ED fix it.Great flight and sorry for my bad English

The FPS drop is tremendous. While at 60fps(capped using the maxfps setting in graphics.cfg) the FPS may drop to 15-17 even with settings at medium.

If I tweak graphics.cfg I am able to decrease the depth that objects are drawn in Shkval and I get a roughly acceptable fps (28-30fps in the same mission area) but still this isn't a solution.

Even an 50% fps is quite much! At least the game seems playable with SU-25T but ED should make some optimization in an upcoming patch ASAP cause this isn't normal.

I have tested that in the Su-25T quick mission and seems to work.