[HOWTO] Chat Window Size

Sov13t

In order to change how big the chat log is (while the chat box is not active) you need to edit the following file chat-log.res located in /FUI/Resources/Multiplayer/

\dialog
\begin
   \tag{-1}
   \coord{0, 18, 1023, [color=Red]60[/color]}
       \musthavecursor{0}
       \acceptmouse{0}
       \topmost
       \layer{900}
\end

\multicolumnlistbox
\begin
   \tag{2}
   \coord{20, 0, 1003, [color=Red]60[/color]}
     \defaultitem{Multiplayer/def_list_box_item.res}
   \columnswidth{200, 803}
   \rowsnum{10}
   \readonly{1}
   \visiblescrollbar{0}
\end

You need to edit the \coord{x, y, w, h} lines. The last parameter is responsible for height, each line of text is 20px as such setting this parameter to 60 (highlighted in RED) will only leave 3 lines of text max while the chat window is CLOSED.

To edit how the chat window appears when it is open you need to edit chat-say.res, but it is a little more complex as there are way more coordinates to mess with.

Credits for this go to Distiler and Acedy (http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=676501&postcount=52).

Thanks and enjoy.

• Like 9

Great, thanks. And with this can move chat windows down, for read comunications text (tower, awacs...) i think, modifing \coord{x, y, w, h}

EDIT: Confirmed changing second \coord{20, 20, 1003, 60} for 20 chat not hide radio messages.

Edited by Legolasindar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

I'm testing it and if you put the 20px down it shows only 2 lines of text. Perhaps we should increase both lines with a 60 to 80? [yep it does the trick]

Edited by Distiler

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Oh 1001 posts and my first modman package XD For those that prefer to use Modman, here's the package. 3 lines of chat starting below AI communications. Code is:

\dialog

\begin

\tag{-1}

\coord{0, 18, 1023, 80}

\musthavecursor{0}

\acceptmouse{0}

\topmost

\layer{900}

\end

\multicolumnlistbox

\begin

\tag{2}

\coord{20, 20, 1003, 80}

\defaultitem{Multiplayer/def_list_box_item.res}

\columnswidth{200, 803}

\rowsnum{10}

\readonly{1}

\visiblescrollbar{0}

\end

chat1.0.zip

Edited by Distiler
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! +1

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

• 4 weeks later...

Guys, is it possible to reduce the font size for the messages? It seems rather large.

there are font parameters in Chat-say.res

\fonttype {font_dejavu_lgc_sans_condensed_12}

But i believe thats just for the open chat box

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

• 2 weeks later...
Guys, is it possible to reduce the font size for the messages? It seems rather large.

there are font parameters in Chat-say.res

\fonttype {font_dejavu_lgc_sans_condensed_12}

But i believe thats just for the open chat box

You were on the right path!

If you notice, the chat-log.res defines the default container to be used, in this case it is: \defaultitem{Multiplayer/def_list_box_item.res}

If we go ahead and edit def_list_box_item.res, we will find the same line of code. Now, the fonts that are available to us are located in FUI\Fonts directory as such changing it from \fonttype {font_dejavu_lgc_sans_condensed_12} to \fonttype {font_dejavu_lgc_sans_condensed_10} will make the font 2 sizes smaller. Which is perfect in my opinion.

Now, this container might be used for other things as well, so perhaps somewhere else font size will be smaller, so needs more testing.

Also, if you want to change colors check out this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=54702

S!

cheers for that. you just saved me hours of messing about. I like having the chat window up but the text was way to large and "in your face"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals