How to fly with FFB joystick an non FFB Pedals?

fzfq3m

Hi... I'm having hard time controlling this bird...

I have a FFB joystick and a non FFB Rudder Pedals, I also got disabled the new trimmer centering thing in the options panel (don't remenber the name)

My problem is that is a bit difficult to keep the helo stable when trimming and releasing the pedals (in order to they return to its center). If I release the pedals to early or too late the Helo isn't stay stable.

I know it takes time to master this awesome sim but can you give some advice of how to fly with this FFB and non FFB combination?? While using AP channels of course.

Regards

Compuer Specs

Intel Core i7 920 D0 @2.6Ghz

Asus P6T7 WS rev2

6GB Corsair Dominator GT CMG6GX3M3A2000C8

2xHP 300GB 10K SAS RAID 1

Corsair AX1200

Nvidia Geforce GTX 580 3GB

Water Cooling Specs:

Koolance CPU-360

Koolance ASP6T7WS

2xSwiftech MCP655 with EK D5 Dual Top

1xBlack Ice GT S 360 XFlow

1xPhobya Xtreme 400

Tubing:Tygon 2001 1/2"

2xBitfenix Spectre Pro 230mm

Swiftech MCres Rev1

Hi... I'm having hard time controlling this bird...

I have a FFB joystick and a non FFB Rudder Pedals, I also got disabled the new trimmer centering thing in the options panel (don't remenber the name)

My problem is that is a bit difficult to keep the helo stable when trimming and releasing the pedals (in order to they return to its center). If I release the pedals to early or too late the Helo isn't stay stable.

I know it takes time to master this awesome sim but can you give some advice of how to fly with this FFB and non FFB combination?? While using AP channels of course.

This is indeed a bit porked, the only thing i can tell you is practice to release the rudder quickly, unfortunately this is easier said than done.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

May be ED can release a patch to allow enabling/disabling the new trimmer mode individually per device.. I mean, that way we can operate the rudder pedals under the new behavior while using the FFB joystick without it (as it should)

Don´t know is that is possible either but it would be nice!!!

The other solution is to add FFB to the pedals! But that will take time so I better get used to it and keep prcticing

Thanks

Compuer Specs

Asus P6T7 WS rev2

Corsair AX1200

Water Cooling Specs:

Koolance CPU-360

Koolance ASP6T7WS

1xPhobya Xtreme 400

Swiftech MCres Rev1

Thanks mate... I will experiment with my X52Pro

I wish I had some FFB rudder pedals :cry:

Compuer Specs

Asus P6T7 WS rev2

Corsair AX1200

Water Cooling Specs:

Koolance CPU-360

Koolance ASP6T7WS

1xPhobya Xtreme 400

Swiftech MCres Rev1

AFAIK FFB rudder pedals don't exist :(

That's why I'm crying :(

Compuer Specs

Asus P6T7 WS rev2

Corsair AX1200

Water Cooling Specs:

Koolance CPU-360

Koolance ASP6T7WS

1xPhobya Xtreme 400

Swiftech MCres Rev1

Well, there aren't consumer grade FFB rudder pedals out on the market, AFAIK... but an FFB steering wheel can be linked to the mechanical portions of a set of pedals. The FFB steering wheel then becomes the rudder pedal input.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

I can't imagine what the point of FFB pedals would be. Anyway, with practice you will get used to dancing a bit during the trim process and it becomes second nature.

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

I agree that FFB pedals wouldn't be very useful. Also, while I suppose you can get used to the current auto-recentering scheme for the pedals under FFB, I never could and is part of the reason I stopped using FFB mode quite a while ago.

My wish is for a variant of the 1.01 style trim in FFB mode. In other words, in FFB mode, when trim is pressed, the stick (cyclic) should immediately lock into its new physical position and remain controllable, while the pedals (yaw) should be immediately locked to their current virtual position until the pilot recenters the pedals. Once the pilot centers the rudders, yaw control will be unlocked.

It's simple, and preferrable IMHO to blocking rudder trim altogether since it provides the benefits of FFB trimming in the cyclic while preventing the rudder "hiccup" that invariably happens when you don't "dance" perfectly in time.

Edited by ddahlstrom

IF the DCS:BS software would support simultaneous use of both an FFB stick and pedals, the usefulness of the FFB pedals would be that they would hold their trimmed position, just as the stick does. No more need to re-center them when releasing the trim button.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IF the DCS:BS software would support simultaneous use of both an FFB stick and pedals, the usefulness of the FFB pedals would be that they would hold their trimmed position, just as the stick does. No more need to re-center them when releasing the trim button.

I agree with you... may be we can get used to fly using re-centering after trimming but I think it would be great to also have FFB on rudder pedals... it would be easier, at least for me, cause my pedals position will be always on sync with the helo pedals.... and there will be less "error acumulation"... I mean... I can push left pedal half way and press trimmer... then re-center my pedals... then push left pedal again and trim... after that last trim the helo pedal will be almost fully deflected to left (please correct me if I'm wrong)...

Please don't get me wrong... I'm not complaining about the trimmer procedure... in fact I think is great that ED Team worries about giving us the best experience with this sim no matter what kind of control or joystick we use!!! Thanks ED

I'm just saying it would be nice... and I would bother to buy a FFB Wheel and mod my pedals if ED tells me that Black Shark (or upcoming A10) will have support for FFB on both... Joystick and pedals

anyway... that isn't gonna happend in the near future taking into account that there aren't any comercial FFB pedals on the market... so wasting precious time programming for a device that doesn't exsist is not an option.

regards

Edited by fzfq3m

Compuer Specs

Asus P6T7 WS rev2

Corsair AX1200

Water Cooling Specs:

Koolance CPU-360

Koolance ASP6T7WS

1xPhobya Xtreme 400

Swiftech MCres Rev1

I believe the way trim functions on the fixed wing aircraft is such that having FFB controllers hold trimmed positions (off center) is not an issue for them.

As for DCS:BS, I also appreciate what they have accomplished, and certainly can see why support for FFB pedals would be waaaaaay down on their list of priorities.

I don't know how much code they would need to tweak / add to accomodate FFB support for the stick and pedals simultaneously in DCS:BS. If they could feasibly do it, I imagine there would be some happy pit builders, etc., as using FFB steering wheels to create FFB rudder pedals is a lot less difficult than some of the other wild stuff that folks have come up with.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]