Would this run ANY DCS module highest settingsand FPS crazy?

I wanna get rid of my lappy, well, not actually, but stutters are killing me.

I have this in KSA, and I'd appreciate opinions.

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/me/en/ho/WF06b/12454-12454-3329740-64546-64546-5154893-5233630.html?dnr=1

How about upcoming modules?

I have a shot at it, but I need a blessing.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Nothing will run DCS with all highest settings with awesome FPS, mirrors alone won't allow it, but you can still have great eye candy with that PC. If ED ever do get code to work on more CPU cores (not just sound but also rest of the main code) then any quad CPU will do well... I am still hoping for this but still doesn't look good to come for many years

My opinion however is to buy your own parts and build a PC yourself. try that and see if you can get same main components bit cheaper, also companies like Dell, HP always make things hard if you want to upgrade anything later on, and this is main reason to BYO PC, and I think they go cheap on the PSU in their pre-build PC's

By the way, 3 things I don't like with that PC:

1. memory is 2x 2GB and 2x 4GB

2. PSU is 600W and I am sure it's not of high quality

3. no SSD

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

Never did like off the shelf..always had it built by my friends..who own a computer store...bought the parts I wanted or they suggested..and they put it together..

Like it was said " never touch it with a 10 foot pole.."

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

Yeah, there is no reason that you should be getting an enthusiast PC from a mainstream OEM. They will price gouge you, cut corners, and give you a terrible product. If you really cannot build it yourself because of whatever reason, I am sure a number of people here could recommend to you several sites that will build you a custom PC.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

Nothing to say other than to agree with pretty much everything everyone else has said.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Alright. Standing down..

Thanks for all insights and remarks.

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

plus it doesn't have the k processor.

Even if it did have the "K" processor you wouldn't be able to put any other cooling for it so there would be no use of having the unlocked multiplier

Plus people way overhype the potential that having an unlocked multiplier actually gives you. Sure it makes it easier, but doesn't really affect anything else.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

OK, I bite.

Now, few components under consideration;

Intel Core i7-2600K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 Ghz 8 MB Cache LGA 1155 - BX80623I72600K

Intel BOXDZ77RE75K -LGA1155 DDR3 1600 Extreme Series ATX Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B

EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW 2048MB GDDR5 256bit, Dual Dual-Link DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort, 4-Way SLI Ready Graphics Card Graphics Cards 02G-P4-2678-KR

Corsair Hydro Series H80 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler (CWCH80)

Cooler Master GX Series 750W ATX Power Supply RS750-ACAAD3-US

Seagate Momentus XT 750 GB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 32 MB Cache 2.5 Inch Solid State Hybrid Drive ST750LX003

Cooler Master Cooler Master Elite 430 Mid Tower ATX Case with Window (RC-430-KWN1)

Total 1435 USD

What you guys think?

My quick input.

Get an real SSD and a second drive instead of the Hybrid. Toss the power supply for one that will actually last. I love Corsair but that series is not even close to something I would use. HX or, preferably AX series are what I would get.

EDIT: I have used an older version of that CM case and I would really recommend something else. For one thing, you are likely to have a b***h of a time getting water cooling in there. Again, they make some decent cases but that is not one of them, IMHO. My game machine is currently in a CM HAF 922, for example, which is much better suited to what you want to build (though lots of people think it is ugly, I like the roominess).

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Why do you need such an expensive mainboard ? Want to make new benchmark records using liquid oxygen ?

I would buy the Gigabyte P67X-UD3 B3 or some other mainboard which has good overclocking functionality and costs around a 100$, so 180$ less.

Now you got 180$ to buy a fast SSD additional to the HDD. SSD is crucial for playing DCS smoothly. Spend the remaining bucks for a better PSU as pointed out by chichlidfan. To be on the safe site get a PSU with 600W or above from BeQuiet, Enermax, Corsair etc...

I killed my 550 Watt BeQuiet with an overclocked i7 860 @ 4.2Ghz, an overclocked HD5850 and having all the flying equipment plugged in.

Don't save money on this, those PSUs are avalaible from 90$ and above.

Regards, Migo

Edited by Migo

I'd recommend the Antec 900, it is a awesome case, they cost around $90-110 dollars. I paid $1536 for the system in my sig 1 1/2 months ago. I'm sure I could find the same items for a little cheaper.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

My quick input.

Get an real SSD and a second drive instead of the Hybrid. Toss the power supply for one that will actually last. I love Corsair but that series is not even close to something I would use. HX or, preferably AX series are what I would get.

EDIT: I have used an older version of that CM case and I would really recommend something else. For one thing, you are likely to have a b***h of a time getting water cooling in there. Again, they make some decent cases but that is not one of them, IMHO. My game machine is currently in a CM HAF 922, for example, which is much better suited to what you want to build (though lots of people think it is ugly, I like the roominess).

basically, what I want is a case full of air ducts to cool the components.

Why do you need such an expensive mainboard ? Want to make new benchmark records using liquid oxygen ?

I would buy the Gigabyte P67X-UD3 B3 or some other mainboard which has good overclocking functionality and costs around a 100$, so 180$ less.

Now you got 180$ to buy a fast SSD additional to the HDD. SSD is crucial for playing DCS smoothly. Spend the remaining bucks for a better PSU as pointed out by chichlidfan. To be on the safe site get a PSU with 600W or above from BeQuiet, Enermax, Corsair etc...

I killed my 550 Watt BeQuiet with an overclocked i7 860 @ 4.2Ghz, an overclocked HD5850 and having all the flying equipment plugged in.

Don't save money on this, those PSUs are avalaible from 90$ and above.

Regards, Migo

I don't want to save money on criticals like SSD. I am just new to the HDD SSD business, maybe I'll need researching further into SSD. but low capacity SSD with high capacity normal drives, would that make DCS run better? what capacity for SSD: normal ratio do you recommend?

I'd recommend the Antec 900, it is a awesome case, they cost around $90-110 dollars. I paid $1536 for the system in my sig 1 1/2 months ago. I'm sure I could find the same items for a little cheaper.

thanks for your input, will check and report back.

basically, what I want is a case full of air ducts to cool the components.

Basically, if you have to cut holes in it for the water cooling you specified, then it is not a good choice.

I don't want to save money on criticals like SSD. I am just new to the HDD SSD business, maybe I'll need researching further into SSD. but low capacity SSD with high capacity normal drives, would that make DCS run better? what capacity for SSD: normal ratio do you recommend?

Of course it will run better. As long as you install the OS and DCS on the SSD. The capacity of the SSD, you want it to have enough capacity for everything that needs to run fast. If you only play DCS a 64GB SSD would be enough.

I would recommend a 128GB because they are faster and you got some additional space. I think 256GB SSD is overkill. You install all applications on the SSD and put all the big media files on the additional HDD.