Use already installed Steam version in DCS World?

AhSoul

Hi,

Picked up this great sim in the Steam sales and installed it via Steam. However from doing some reading etc I've realised there's also DCS World which looks pretty interesting.

So if I uninstall A-10 from Steam can I use the Steam key to activate it in DCS World, or am I now stuck because I've already used the key once?

Don't want to mess anything up....

Cheers!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Soul's pit thread

LOL @ Steam. Even I cant see my key atm and I got the sim a year ago :)

Great! How do I get the key though?

Other threads suggest I can right-click on the game in Steam and there should be an option to get my key, but I appear to have no such option.....

When I click on "A-10c" inside DCS world, it opens up a popup with "BUY" text. I click on this and it opens up the Shop page in my browser. But I own the Steam version, where do I download the A-10c module so it works with DCS World?

(The Steam version is not currently installed).

When I click on "A-10c" inside DCS world, it opens up a popup with "BUY" text. I click on this and it opens up the Shop page in my browser. But I own the Steam version, where do I download the A-10c module so it works with DCS World?

(The Steam version is not currently installed).

Go here to download the modules, scroll down to A-10C, which is version 1.2.2.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=136&scr=products&lang=en

Note you will also need to have DCS World version 1.2.2 installed, to install this module into.

When you launch A-10C the first time, you will use your steam key to activate it.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Thanks Burnette!

Only problem is, I just downloaded the game, only to find that I've run into the same problem the other people have with the Serial from Steam. What makes my case different is that I recently installed Windows 8 so I don't have my A-10 serial in my registry. How can I get my key from my STEAM A-10 account?

I have a feeling I need to write them. I don't want to install A-10 twice on my computer just to get my serial key from Steam, if that will even work.

p.s. The menu on my A-10 Library on Steam does not show my key when right clicking.

Thanks Burnette!

Only problem is,

I have a feeling I need to write them. I don't want to install A-10 twice on my computer just to get my serial key from Steam, if that will even work.

p.s. The menu on my A-10 Library on Steam does not show my key when right clicking.

thats what everyone is thinking "i hope" "i think" nobody knows cuz steam has their head up their a*s, again.

is the multiplayer any fun?

:pilotfly:

i want to be an ace:thumbup:

OHWHY,

I just sent a message to STEAM. Hopefully I get a professional response.

As for the Multiplayer. I haven't played in quite sometime, but when I did play the Multiplayer was mixed. I've been on servers where people were just awesome, helpful, and did some really cool coop missions together. Then I've also been on servers where people didn't want to answer because you were new, or were doing their own thing and ignored you all together.

Not sure how it is now, but Im hoping the Multiplayer population has increased. From my single player experience this is an incredible sim and I only wish more people would play online.